Age to trick-or-treat alone

Oh yeah, you've been burned once. Don't volunteer to take the heat again.

Don't be surprised to see this girl make a dramatic change over the next two to three years unfortunately. It seems inevitably when I've crossed paths with these moms over the years their kids rebel more and more in the middle school years or on entry to high school. The clashes get nasty and the kids generally wind up going very, very wrong, at least for a period of time to spite mom. A lot of these kids wind up behaving in ways that you won't want your kid hanging around with. DD has a good friend she's been close with since kindergarten. Luckily the kid has kept her head on straight despite mom's completely irrational demands -- including refusing her daughter the invitation to be in NHS, among other great opportunities. She's currently looking for a way to go to college far out state, but she's going to have to either go in debt or get a great financial package. It's sad.

I know you're talking about this situation in particular, and I know there are extreme cases on both ends, but I hope you don't mean to apply it to all kids who aren't permitted out and about alone before their teen years. In my humble experience, it's usually the kids who are allowed too much freedom to do whatever they want with no supervision who end up making poor life choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter