After Open Heart Surgery….

I had an aortic valve replacement with sternotomy in early June 2013. I was mid-fifties, but with few symptoms. My surgeon was fabulous and my scar was pretty small.

We went to WDW a month and half prior to the surgery and I had no limitations. We went to DL about 1.5 months after surgery. I remember the seat belt restraints on Radiator Springs Racer being a bit of an issue, just like normal seat belt restraints were at that time (as they cross over the sternum). I’m not a roller coaster gal, so didn’t push it with anything like that. We had an easy, enjoyable trip. Just under 6 months out, we went on a Disney cruise to celebrate my parent’s 60th and followed it up with a WDW stay. I don’t remember any limitations. I ran my first 5k ever on Castaway Cay. I celebrated the 1st anniversary of my surgery at Pablo’s on the Disney Wonder on a Southern European cruise!
I hope your husband’s procedure and recovery goes as well as mine did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter