After Hours MK

The big ticket rides with very little waits is what I would be paying for an AHs event for. Doesn't seem to be the case with SDMT. I would have to pass on this event.

We went last night and as per usual, loved it! The crowds were so much better than the Christmas After Hours we went to in November 2021. Still more crowded than 2019 era AH events but still awesome and so much better than day crowds. To me so much of the appeal of After Hours is getting to soak up the ambiance of the parks without the stress of being trampled by daytime crowds. There’s just something special about soaking in park details without hoards of people.

Ride-wise everything we went on was a walk-on except Peter Pan. Peter Pan posted a 10 min wait and we waited 14 min. We walked on: Space Ranger Spin twice, Space, Under the Sea, Splash x3, Pirates x2, Haunted Mansion, Peoplemover, Teacups, and Winnie the Pooh. We could’ve done more but took our time and just enjoyed it. All snack cart lines were minimal (especially compared to 2021 events) and moved super quickly. They were extremely consistent with checking wristbands at both rides and snack carts.

One thing they could definitely improve is opening more queues when you’re checking in at 7. The line was very much backed up because they give you the wristbands as you enter. I was also very surprised to see them close all of the doors to shops on Main Street promptly at 1AM. If I remember correctly we were always able to shop after park hours at prior events. Just something to keep in mind if there’s anything you want! We were really happy with the event last night and wouldn’t hesitate to book again.

We have never done AH in past (my DH runs out of gas - LOL!), but he’s not coming with DD19 and I in June, so we may be interested. How much is an AH ticket?

We have never done AH in past (my DH runs out of gas - LOL!), but he’s not coming with DD19 and I in June, so we may be interested. How much is an AH ticket?
AH is definitely expensive. We paid around $475 after taxes for a family of 3 for our HS AH tickets in February.

Reactions: slo
AH is definitely expensive. We paid around $475 after taxes for a family of 3 for our HS AH tickets in February.
Thank you for the reply
After I posted this, I did a little searching, the tickets for this year are around a little over $300 for two tickets. Something for us to think about :scratchin

Hi. I'm going down to FL in a couple of weeks to poke around and see if I want to move there. I see the 2 AH for MK and HS and I'm very seriously considering doing them.

Some comments are saying it's not worth it to them. I think if you go often(-ish) it might not be. But I haven't been in years, and it would just be me. I could do serious damage in just a few hours. Besides, I would love the ambiance and lack of crowds.

Hi. I'm going down to FL in a couple of weeks to poke around and see if I want to move there. I see the 2 AH for MK and HS and I'm very seriously considering doing them.

Some comments are saying it's not worth it to them. I think if you go often(-ish) it might not be. But I haven't been in years, and it would just be me. I could do serious damage in just a few hours. Besides, I would love the ambiance and lack of crowds.
I think they’re worth it if you’re going to knock out rides. Crowds are super-low. When are you going? January is sold out for HS and isn’t offered for Feb until the 15th. MK is available for next Monday and then not again until Thursday Feb 16th. Neither is offered the first two weeks of Feb - we’re doing a quick trip first week of Feb and are a little disappointed we couldn’t sneak one in. We did both last week, and they were great!

I think they’re worth it if you’re going to knock out rides. Crowds are super-low. When are you going? January is sold out for HS and isn’t offered for Feb until the 15th. MK is available for next Monday and then not again until Thursday Feb 16th. Neither is offered the first two weeks of Feb - we’re doing a quick trip first week of Feb and are a little disappointed we couldn’t sneak one in. We did both last week, and they were great!

Hi, SkyGuy.

Yeah, it would just be me and if I go in before things close I can eat where I want and then go full on once AH starts. I would just love walking around and of course riding the rides.

I would do HS on 2/15 and MK on 2/16 and just those. I wouldn't otherwise be going to the parks so I feel it would be money well spent, especially not having to pay for G+ or LL.

The only bad thing is my daughters won't be with me. They are the reason I have so much nostalgia toward the parks. But I can smile and reflect well enough, especially where there aren't many people! :)

I believe it’s down for a little while for annual maintenance? I hadn’t traveled at this time so I didn’t realize this was the time it usually goes down, and I bought my ticket way before they gave the refurbishment dates. But should definitely be back open for later dates, I forget the exact timeframe!
This is correct, it was down Jan 9-13 for refurbishment.

Hi, SkyGuy.

Yeah, it would just be me and if I go in before things close I can eat where I want and then go full on once AH starts. I would just love walking around and of course riding the rides.

I would do HS on 2/15 and MK on 2/16 and just those. I wouldn't otherwise be going to the parks so I feel it would be money well spent, especially not having to pay for G+ or LL.

The only bad thing is my daughters won't be with me. They are the reason I have so much nostalgia toward the parks. But I can smile and reflect well enough, especially where there aren't many people! :)
We are AP, so had the parks reserved as our parks for the day and entered around 5:00 and did some shows and low-wait rides, like Peoplemover and Muppets and things not open during AH, like Laugh Floor and the train. I think you’ll have a great time and both events were sold out and crowds were still non-existent. We did loads of photo-ops that we wouldn’t normally do, left an hour before it was over, and still did everything we wanted - except Peter Pan at MK, which never fell below 25 minutes (nor did 7DMT, but we waited for that one, and it was every bit of 25 minutes).

I've been to over a dozen AH of varied kinds; MK, HS, AK, Villains, and the 2021 Christmas AH. I cannot tell anyone if AH is the best choice for them. I can, however, tell you why I've become an AH fanatic in one word - value. The AH value exceeds the value of any other park ticket in my humble opinion.

Hi, SkyGuy.

In a case like yours where you’re in the area but not for a park trip, I would 100% do as you say and purchase tickets for both to enjoy each park with low crowds. We’re going to be at a Disney resort for one night in Feb and not going to the parks but if there was an AH event we would be!

For us, we’re normally already visiting the parks for 8 days on an average trip so in cases like that it wouldn’t be worth the additional cost as we have plenty of time to do all we want in the parks on those trips and cannot justify the additional cost added to a trip like that.

Just a heads up, if you know for sure you want to go to the parties on 2/15 and 2/16 I would purchase your tickets ASAP as to date, all AH parties have sold out in advance this year (often far in advance) and once the tickets are gone, they’re gone.

We went last week on 1/16 and had an amazing time!!! There were six of us, two in our late 50s and 4 in their late 20s. We got there about 6:45 and stayed until closing; we had our own private bus taking us back to OKW. We watched Enchantment from Sleepy Hollow and were able to ride TWENTY rides including SDMT 4 times!!! For us it was well worth the money spent.

Last edited:
So after attending After Hours on Monday and Extra Magic Hours last night, and with the caveat that your results may vary: there were significantly fewer people in attendance at Extra Magic than at AH. Peter Pan's Flight stubbornly remained at least a 20 minute wait throughout AH; last night, it was a walkup. I may have been the only person on the ride at one point.

So after attending After Hours on Monday and Extra Magic Hours last night, and with the caveat that your results may vary: there were significantly fewer people in attendance at Extra Magic than at AH. Peter Pan's Flight stubbornly remained at least a 20 minute wait throughout AH; last night, it was a walkup. I may have been the only person on the ride at one point.
Thank you, this is helpful.

Yes. The ride was actually dark, like it was closed, but there were CMs standing at the entrance. The family approached;she asked for their wristband, and they showed their MBs. She said you need a wristband for the AH. They started to voice their opinions, but we were walking by to Tiki. I did notice them walking away after we walked through the turnstile to Tiki - which also was completely closed until 10pm. Roped off and all.
It sounds like the ride may have been broken down. In that case they wouldn’t let anyone in the line

It sounds like the ride may have been broken down. In that case they wouldn’t let anyone in the line

(I don’t know why I am responding to two people - sorry to shm_helene) While possible, the ride was running when we left Tiki, and the CMs were clearly only turning away people who didn’t have wristbands. They also turned away people behind us at Tiki without wristbands. This was three or four minutes before 10pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter