After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

We are back and I promised a post about our experience so I'll do my best to recall it. I second what @kat_lh posted...we had a GREAT time, it was all we hoped, and I think the weather may have had something to do with it. We surprised my daughter and her boyfriend with this even as this was set to be a Universal parks trip.

It started raining sometime in the afternoon and was off and on for several hours (not your typical quick rain and done storm...though we had that earlier in the day while at Hollywood Studios). So we spent time relaxing and napping in our room at Riviera Resort after having a great morning at Islands of Adventure and getting rained out at the pool during lunch.

Around 6pm we caught the skyliner over to HS...which was really too early since we had noplace to hang out. They were doing wristbands outside the park, so we got those and then just waited. We were probably 3rd or 4th in line at the tapstyles which opened at 6:45pm (even thought the cast members all said 7pm).

We went directly to Mama Melrose as we had a 7:20pm dinner reservation. It was pretty packed, and there was a light off and on rain so that probably had something to do with it. We hoped to get seated earlier but that wasn't happening so we wandered over to Baseline Taphouse for a pre-dinner drink. Seated for dinner maybe around 7:30pm (they said they were running 15 minutes behind). Finished around 8:20pm.

8:28pm: Star Tours, first ride...walked on (no band checking, still regular crowds in park)

~8:45pm:Next we walked over to RotR, I think the app said 30 minute wait. No band checking as we still had regular crowds able to ride. I would say that may have been accurate if not less as we just walked in the queue almost pretty close to the end...so I feel like it could have been less before we reached the first pre-show area. I can say at 9:05pm we were loading into the first transport vehicle before we were captured.

~9:30pm: Next was Smuggler's Run after a restroom stop on the way. Bands were checked. This was pretty much a walk on to the pre-show and after pre-show the 4 of us were loaded into our vehicle with hardly any stopping. We decided to go right back on again, much to my 20 year old daughter's disappointment. Walked on again. Also walking the area we passed Chewy and some other characters were out.

~10pm: Slinky Dog (about 20 minute wait, longest line of the night).

After Slinky, a stop (short moving line) for drinks and ice cream bars, earlier this same spot had popcorn but that had moved to across from TSM so we grabbed popcorn and hit the TSM line.

10:35pm: Toy Story Mania (walk on)
10:50pm: MMRR...maybe 10 minute wait, we had a short line and they skipped the pre-show and just loaded us up. My daughter has never done this, she has resisted every trip so I told her she had to do it this time. We were on the car at 11pm.

~11:05pm: Tower of Tower...posted 13 minute wait, we walked right up the library and waited MABYE 5 minutes. Off Tower, we decided to ride one more time so walked around and got on, again right into the library. All elevator bays were open, so we stayed straight this time and ended up being the only 4 on the elevator. As they lined us up we asked if we could sit wherever we wanted and they said sure, then 2 other people walked to to the queue area. The cast members said they would give us our own elevator anyway...and they did and recommended we sit in each corner of the elevator...so the 4 of us did that and it was SO epic. BEST ride of the whole night, getting off at the bottom was a little confusing for the CMs letting us out. However I will say those cast members that loaded us were really AWESOME.

This time we stopped for more ice cream, then watched a little bit of the evening projection show, then I bought one of the new MMRR Picnic Basket Popcorn Buckets for my Disney loving neighbors who asked us to pick one up if we could. We caught a bus out of the park just around midnight, while we were at the Riviera Bus Stop the Caribbean Beach bus (at the next stop) was there waiting with nobody so she said she would take us and a few other Riviera guests.

Amazing evening overall, highly recommended it, we did all we wanted and that was with the dinner. We could have done more but we felt like we accomplished everything we wanted.

DH and I return in September for a DVC Moonlight Magic after hours even at HS and I only hope it is just as fun!

We are back and I promised a post about our experience so I'll do my best to recall it. I second what @kat_lh posted...we had a GREAT time, it was all we hoped, and I think the weather may have had something to do with it. We surprised my daughter and her boyfriend with this even as this was set to be a Universal parks trip.

It started raining sometime in the afternoon and was off and on for several hours (not your typical quick rain and done storm...though we had that earlier in the day while at Hollywood Studios). So we spent time relaxing and napping in our room at Riviera Resort after having a great morning at Islands of Adventure and getting rained out at the pool during lunch.

Around 6pm we caught the skyliner over to HS...which was really too early since we had noplace to hang out. They were doing wristbands outside the park, so we got those and then just waited. We were probably 3rd or 4th in line at the tapstyles which opened at 6:45pm (even thought the cast members all said 7pm).

We went directly to Mama Melrose as we had a 7:20pm dinner reservation. It was pretty packed, and there was a light off and on rain so that probably had something to do with it. We hoped to get seated earlier but that wasn't happening so we wandered over to Baseline Taphouse for a pre-dinner drink. Seated for dinner maybe around 7:30pm (they said they were running 15 minutes behind). Finished around 8:20pm.

8:28pm: Star Tours, first ride...walked on (no band checking, still regular crowds in park)

~8:45pm:Next we walked over to RotR, I think the app said 30 minute wait. No band checking as we still had regular crowds able to ride. I would say that may have been accurate if not less as we just walked in the queue almost pretty close to the end...so I feel like it could have been less before we reached the first pre-show area. I can say at 9:05pm we were loading into the first transport vehicle before we were captured.

~9:30pm: Next was Smuggler's Run after a restroom stop on the way. Bands were checked. This was pretty much a walk on to the pre-show and after pre-show the 4 of us were loaded into our vehicle with hardly any stopping. We decided to go right back on again, much to my 20 year old daughter's disappointment. Walked on again. Also walking the area we passed Chewy and some other characters were out.

~10pm: Slinky Dog (about 20 minute wait, longest line of the night).

After Slinky, a stop (short moving line) for drinks and ice cream bars, earlier this same spot had popcorn but that had moved to across from TSM so we grabbed popcorn and hit the TSM line.

10:35pm: Toy Story Mania (walk on)
10:50pm: MMRR...maybe 10 minute wait, we had a short line and they skipped the pre-show and just loaded us up. My daughter has never done this, she has resisted every trip so I told her she had to do it this time. We were on the car at 11pm.

~11:05pm: Tower of Tower...posted 13 minute wait, we walked right up the library and waited MABYE 5 minutes. Off Tower, we decided to ride one more time so walked around and got on, again right into the library. All elevator bays were open, so we stayed straight this time and ended up being the only 4 on the elevator. As they lined us up we asked if we could sit wherever we wanted and they said sure, then 2 other people walked to to the queue area. The cast members said they would give us our own elevator anyway...and they did and recommended we sit in each corner of the elevator...so the 4 of us did that and it was SO epic. BEST ride of the whole night, getting off at the bottom was a little confusing for the CMs letting us out. However I will say those cast members that loaded us were really AWESOME.

This time we stopped for more ice cream, then watched a little bit of the evening projection show, then I bought one of the new MMRR Picnic Basket Popcorn Buckets for my Disney loving neighbors who asked us to pick one up if we could. We caught a bus out of the park just around midnight, while we were at the Riviera Bus Stop the Caribbean Beach bus (at the next stop) was there waiting with nobody so she said she would take us and a few other Riviera guests.

Amazing evening overall, highly recommended it, we did all we wanted and that was with the dinner. We could have done more but we felt like we accomplished everything we wanted.

DH and I return in September for a DVC Moonlight Magic after hours even at HS and I only hope it is just as fun!
Your TOT experience is my dream. It’s my all-time favorite ride.

Current forecast for next week has storms, but it’s literally changed every day. I think we’re just going to buy the tickets and hope for the best.

Also saw reports that RnRC was open again today. Would be awesome if it were open for next week!! My youngest has never ridden and was really excited to now that she’s tall enough (and goes on bigger coasters at home now).

Your TOT experience is my dream. It’s my all-time favorite ride.

Current forecast for next week has storms, but it’s literally changed every day. I think we’re just going to buy the tickets and hope for the best.

Also saw reports that RnRC was open again today. Would be awesome if it were open for next week!! My youngest has never ridden and was really excited to now that she’s tall enough (and goes on bigger coasters at home now).

Yes ToT is a favorite of ours as well, and riding it like this was such fun...and the CMs just made it extra for us.

Sad we just missed RnRC but hopefully you'll get it next week!

Likely staying at the Swan next week and looking to take advantage of the MK after hours on Wednesday. Any info on how to get ticketed for that event? Do we need to stay at the swan on Tuesday and Wednesday night? Can we book the extended hours ahead of time or just on Wed morning?

Thanks

Likely staying at the Swan next week and looking to take advantage of the MK after hours on Wednesday. Any info on how to get ticketed for that event? Do we need to stay at the swan on Tuesday and Wednesday night? Can we book the extended hours ahead of time or just on Wed morning?

Thanks

Are you talking about extended hours for Deluxe Hotel guests? You don’t need any special tickets, just a valid admission, ex. a ticket with a MK reservation, or a park hopper ticket if you’re going to a different park that day. You also don’t have to book it at all, just enter the park with your normal admission ticket. Your ticket or Magic Band will be scanned at each ride once the park is officially closed.

You only have to buy a ticket for Disney After Hours events, not Deluxe extended hours.

Thank you for clearing that up - very helpful

Just make sure your confirmation number at the Swan is linked in your My Disney Experience app! This is important for Early Entry and Evening Hours for Deluxe Guests.

It sometimes "falls out" so when I stay at the Dolphin or Swan, I email myself with the confirmation number so that I can easily copy and paste to re-link if necessary

Does anyone happen to know if the Epcot After Hours requires you to get in a virtual queue for Guardians, or is it just walk up during the event hours?

Does anyone happen to know if the Epcot After Hours requires you to get in a virtual queue for Guardians, or is it just walk up during the event hours?
There’s a VQ. It opens at 6pm for those eligible. Edit: oops - my response was for the extended evening hours. Sorry!

DD and 3 friends attended DHS After Hours on 5/24 and had an awesome time! There was some rain in the afternoon, and they skylined over to DHS from Art of Animation at about 7pm, ponchos in tow. Rode ToT standby and then saw Fantasmic. Rain let up and ended prior to Fantasmic. They rode ToT again after Fantasmic, and then the After Hours started. They hit up all rides, many multiple times. They walked on almost every ride, with short waits at Rise and SDD. Saw some characters, ate lots of treats. Had an incredible time!

Last edited:
Can't wait to start hearing reports of the EPCOT after hours event starting next week; we are attending one in August. I was looking at the description of the event, and noticed an omission in the ride list as to what is being offered during the event.

Favorite Attractions​

Experience some popular attractions—with lower wait times! These may include:
Any reason that Journey to Imagination with Figment wouldn't be included? It seems weird that every other ride is available, but not that one.

DD and 3 friends attended DHS After Hours on 5/24 and had an awesome time! There was some rain in the afternoon, and they skylined over to DHS from DAK at about 7pm, ponchos in tow. Rode ToT standby and then saw Fantasmic. Rain let up and ended prior to Fantasmic. They rode ToT again after Fantasmic, and then the After Hours started. They hit up all rides, many multiple times. They walked on almost every ride, with short waits at Rise and SDD. Saw some characters, ate lots of treats. Had an incredible time!
Just a note of clarification for other guests, the Skyliner does NOT run between DAK (does not go to that park) and DHS.

Since we just missed out on getting tickets for this week’s HS DAH event, I’m toying with the idea of Epcot. Not 100% sure if the value is there or not, and obviously there are no reports. I did chat with Disney, and they said there would be no VQ for GOTG, which would be a big draw for us. So on the fence about this…thoughts?!

Since we just missed out on getting tickets for this week’s HS DAH event, I’m toying with the idea of Epcot. Not 100% sure if the value is there or not, and obviously there are no reports. I did chat with Disney, and they said there would be no VQ for GOTG, which would be a big draw for us. So on the fence about this…thoughts?!
I would say do it, but that's because I'm 100% selfish and want to hear how it is. We bought tickets for one of the Aug Epcot After hours, and our main thing we want to do is ride Guardians over and over again. :)

Hard to know which is better...VQ so you don't spend the whole evening in line and can do other things, or the chance you can ride over and over without VQ. My guess is without VQ, the line will be long so and you won't be able to do other attractions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter