After 42 1/2 yrs.....

So sorry for your loss and all of the challenges that lie ahead. One day at a time is all you can do. Hang in there.

So sorry for your loss :hug: I was a young widow with 3 kids when it happened to me so slightly different challenges but I do understand your pain of how to figure out what comes next. Prayers for strength to get through.

I'm very sorry Dyna, try to hang in there. Lean on anyone you can, even your internet friends here.

I know how you feel, I've been there, so my thoughts are with you.
People fail to realise that the earliest weeks are not the hardest, you are surrounded by people and organising the funeral distracts you from so much. It was after the funeral, when all the family and not so close friends went back to their own lives that the reality of it all hit me. Sorting out the paperwork, bank accounts and other things were not what I needed. I was lucky on two counts, a wonderful friend and her husband got me through dark times and I don't have to worry about healthcare, costs or insurance as I'm from the UK.
Don't forget to take care of you, grieve your own way, not how anyone else tells you to. You will have good days and bad days, that's normal. Do what gives you comfort, I would take my lunch and sit by my husband's grave and talk to him, it helped me even though my family thought it weird, but, it was helpful and you do what helps you.
The time from the persons passing to their funeral is about them and making sure they get a proper send off. After the funeral people should remember the loved one left behind.

One of my mom’s friends sits on the bench in the morning sun where she and her late husband used to sit. It makes her feel close to him. I think it’s very sweet.

I'm so sorry for your loss and for what you are going through. My heart goes out to you.

I am very sorry for your loss. I was widowed 11 years ago at age 57. As others have said, take one day at a time.

I don’t know how old you are, but has anyone mentioned SS Widow’s Benefits? You may qualify for some of your husband’s Social Security benefits at age 60 if you have not remarried. I did this until I turned 62, when I applied for my own SS benefits, as they were higher. It is something you should look into.

Again, my sincere condolences.

Thanks everyone!

Today I found out I get to pay bills an eat in the same month every month unless I suddenly get stupid with money which I don't think I've ever done in my life.

It's been a month today an I am just blah...I should have gotten up out of bed an made myself get busy Lord knows I got plenty here to do. Then again the day not over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!