• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After 36

Congratulations!!
It will take awhile to get used to.
Do you have hobbies? If not, get some!!
DH retired 5 years ago. He has a vast wood working shop. Joined a woodworking club, found a laser club, helped at DGD's day care for 3 years, watches a lot of TV and reads a lot......and we travel a lot.
Have fun and relax!

Congratulations! I retired last month after 38 years with the same company. I felt like a fish out of water for the first week and then kept busy getting ready and then taking a planned vacation. Now that is over and I am working on getting some kind of structure in my days as it is really all too easy to not do anything but take it easy. It sounds like your gym plan will help you do that. Good luck!

party:Congratulations party:

I'm sure you are a bit nervous about this next step in your life... write down what you want to do, accomplish, see, visit then make a plan and go for it...

Pixie Dust Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey if worse comes to worst you can always get another job! :teeth:

(But this one would be a fun one and you can tell them to take a hike if they don't treat you right! :lmao: )

images

Congratulations!! I imagine there will be days you're thrilled to be done working and days you will feel 'lost', but good job and welcome to retirement!!!

I think you should do a nationwide road trip and let each one of us take you out to lunch. If you get bored you can call me, I know some jokes.:sunny:

...............I retired today...............

:welcome: to the other side and congratulations!!!

No more alarm clock.
No more stress.
No more vacation
No more sick time
No more holiday pay

lies, LIES and MORE LIES

No more alarm clock ----- you WILL NEED IT to make sure you wake up to get to the airport for all of those vacation trips

No more stress ----- you WILL HAVE STRESS making sure you have everything in order for the vacation trips

No more vacation ----- got to be kidding, so much free time to vacation around the WORLD --- that's DISNEY or the Big Blue Marble

No more sick time ----- only if you stay cooped up in a hermetically sealed house

No more holiday pay ----- that's what you give yourself to spend while on all of those vacations

ENJOY YOUR NEW LIFE

:welcome: to the other side and congratulations!!!

lies, LIES and MORE LIES

No more alarm clock ----- you WILL NEED IT to make sure you wake up to get to the airport for all of those vacation trips

No more stress ----- you WILL HAVE STRESS making sure you have everything in order for the vacation trips

No more vacation ----- got to be kidding, so much free time to vacation around the WORLD --- that's DISNEY or the Big Blue Marble

No more sick time ----- only if you stay cooped up in a hermetically sealed house

No more holiday pay ----- that's what you give yourself to spend while on all of those vacations

ENJOY YOUR NEW LIFE

LOL. I'm still working, so not my observations, just a common one I have heard from people who are retired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter