aft on Fantasy

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
Who has stayed aft on Fantasy? We have a deck 7 stateroom reserved, toward the back but not all the way. By the stairs. We are doing a 7 night cruise. I've read some reports about vibration, but how bad is it?

We were on deck 8 aft in April and had no issues. Yes, there is vibration when docking but it's the same as on all the ships and I've been aft on all 4. It's never been enough to wake me up. The aft is my fav!

We've only been on the Dream and always select an aft room. Our TA was the first to suggest it as we'd always been directed towards the mid-ship. We love the location. It feels very private. There is a vibration when docking but it never bothered us. I do think there is a cigar bar somewhere close because one night the smell became bad enough we closed the veranda door.

If your room is one or two away from Room 7668, I highly recommend you move. whenever the ship (only the Fantasy) goes above 21knots, the frequency of the propulsion system is off and the vibration is miserable. It was so bad our towel animal would fall apart each night. It is only the 4 or 5 rooms around that aft staircase that have issues. We had the chief engineer and hotel manager in our room and they explained it was a flaw that they had since they took ownership of the ship. They try to avoid going that fast at night, but on the long stretches and if wind is against the ship, they have no choice. They gave us sleeping rooms in the front of the ship, so we could sleep at night.
George

If your room is one or two away from Room 7668, I highly recommend you move. whenever the ship (only the Fantasy) goes above 21knots, the frequency of the propulsion system is off and the vibration is miserable. It was so bad our towel animal would fall apart each night. It is only the 4 or 5 rooms around that aft staircase that have issues. We had the chief engineer and hotel manager in our room and they explained it was a flaw that they had since they took ownership of the ship. They try to avoid going that fast at night, but on the long stretches and if wind is against the ship, they have no choice. They gave us sleeping rooms in the front of the ship, so we could sleep at night.
George

George —
Thank you for that information. We are 5 rooms away, 7658. I wonder if we should switch?

Our last four cruises have been Fantasy Aft, usually 3-4 staterooms off the aft elevators on decks 6-8. We have never noticed a vibration issue.

Our last four cruises have been Fantasy Aft, usually 3-4 staterooms off the aft elevators on decks 6-8. We have never noticed a vibration issue.

Where have your cruises gone?! We are so excited! We go from Port Canaveral to Virgin Islands, 7 night cruise.

Where have your cruises gone?! We are so excited! We go from Port Canaveral to Virgin Islands, 7 night cruise.

We have done the E. Carib. (the same 7-day itinerary you’re on) four times.

We initially were apprehensive about having staterooms near the aft elevators, but neither noise nor vibration ever proved to be an issue. In fact, it’s pretty convenient in that it’s only a few steps to the elevator, and then a straight shot up to Cabanas.

We were in Room 8658 on our last cruise and experienced the room vibrations on two nights out of the seven. It was in the late evening (9 or 10 pm) and wasn't bothersome to our overall experience.

George —
Thank you for that information. We are 5 rooms away, 7658. I wonder if we should switch?

We were in Room 8658 on our last cruise and experienced the room vibrations on two nights out of the seven. It was in the late evening (9 or 10 pm) and wasn't bothersome to our overall experience.

We were in 8658 in December 2016 (7-day Western Caribbean) and I don't recall any vibrations out of the ordinary. I'd heard about it prior to sailing so I was wondering if we'd feel it but if there was, it was so minimal that I certainly didn't note it.

We have been in 8656 and 8658 for both Eastern and Western on the Fantasy. There have been times when we have felt the vibration and on the this past Eastern (at Thanksgiving) the last night it wasn't the vibration it was more of the ship movement that bothered us.

We love these 2 cabins. Right off the staircase, easy access to Cabanas and the pool, easy access to Animator's palace. Laundry is almost directly on the other side of the ship. And as the dad controlling the purse strings, these cabins are a fair distance to the shops! LOL.

These are the only 2 cabins we would book going forward. I wouldn't change a thing.

We were in 10612 (Eastern) and 9098 (Western) in 2014. Both cruises had bad vibrations every night from at least dinner onward. Our bed in 10612 was vibrating so badly, that you couldn't sit on the bed (head against the headboard) to watch TV. I can also report that I saw at least one water glass go "dancing" off a table in Animator's Palate on that cruise. Vibrations not as bad in 9098, but still, definitely there.

Our Southern Caribbean in 2017, room 9600, still had vibrations. It didn't seem as bad, but they were there.

We've stayed in 7662 and 7664 on the Fantasy and the Dream - and, have just booked those rooms again! We love that location - we like being right by the stairs, and aft. We haven't felt motion there.

We've stayed in 7662 and 7664 on the Fantasy and the Dream - and, have just booked those rooms again! We love that location - we like being right by the stairs, and aft. We haven't felt motion there.
The Dream doesn't have the aft vibration issue that the Fantasy does.

We have been in 8656 and 8658 for both Eastern and Western on the Fantasy. There have been times when we have felt the vibration and on the this past Eastern (at Thanksgiving) the last night it wasn't the vibration it was more of the ship movement that bothered us.

We love these 2 cabins. Right off the staircase, easy access to Cabanas and the pool, easy access to Animator's palace. Laundry is almost directly on the other side of the ship. And as the dad controlling the purse strings, these cabins are a fair distance to the shops! LOL.

These are the only 2 cabins we would book going forward. I wouldn't change a thing.

I’m hoping we have a good experience like you did, being only one deck lower.

Glad to hear you had a great experience here on the fantasy! We will be in 7658

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter