Aflac- is it worth it?

My father carries it because he doesn't have any kind of short-term disability through his work. He likes to go four-wheeling (which I guess doesn't fall under their risky behavior exclusion?) and in the last five years or so, has needed to put in a claim twice, once for a rotator cuff injury and once for a torn ACL. He has medical, but the AFLAC paid for the time he had to be off work beyond his vacation days.

This is so weird. I did a search for is Aflac worth it and the first up was my beloved DIS boards!!!!! We just were offered this through work and was wondering if it was worth it. Thanks everyone for your feedback. Keep it coming!

I have an MBA, so I did a good analysis on the AFLAC policies my DH bought at work.

We have the accident and short term disability.

I LOVE AFLAC, they are a lifesaver. DH couldn't work for 16 weeks and had no sick leave (new job). We would have been bankrupt if it wasn't for that AFLAC check every other week. They pay promptly and you submit all your claims online.

We carry the accident policy as well $9 a payday I think. We have received more in payment each year than we paid - someone is always in the ER for something - this month both DH and DD had ER visits, and DH will miss 2 weeks of work, DD also was unable to work for 2 weeks (she can't wait tables with a hand wound) I am working on the claims now.

There is a wellness benefit - you get back I think $65 for getting your teeth cleaned or a pap smear or mammogram.

AFLAC is the best money I ever spent.

If you look at all the policies you will see that there is some duplication of coverage. We eliminated two policies he had that I thought wer redundant - our insurance copays are low, so I eliminated the hospitalization plan, but now with Obamacare I am rethinking this.

You absolutely need Long Term disability (we get ours from our employers through the standard benefits). If you don't have one, get one from AFLAC. Short Term Disability is also important, it covers the time until the long term disability kicks in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter