Affordable rooms that sleep 6--HELP!!

Wingedheart

I'd rather have 30 minutes of something wonderful
Anyone have any suggestions for either moderate or deluxe hotel rooms that sleep 6? Anyone stayed in any or have pictures of any, etc?

We have 3 kids plus grandma...

So far the "somewhat affordable" options I see are:

Deluxe room at WL
Deluxe room at BWI
Junior suite at CSR

The deluxes are obviously much more expensive. The suite has two bathrooms. Any other thoughts?!

Thanks!!

Anyone have any suggestions for either moderate or deluxe hotel rooms that sleep 6? Anyone stayed in any or have pictures of any, etc?

We have 3 kids plus grandma...

So far the "somewhat affordable" options I see are:

Deluxe room at WL
Deluxe room at BWI
Junior suite at CSR

The deluxes are obviously much more expensive. The suite has two bathrooms. Any other thoughts?!

Thanks!!

a cabin at FOrt Wilderness
a family suite at all stars
2 rooms at a vaule resort or mod
a 2 bedroom villa at dvc renting points

a room at the double tree guest suites at downtown disney

Try a suite at an All Star Resort..I think its ASM that has them?? Or maybe Ft Wilderness cabin...another great Disney experience and you can rent a golf cart to get around at the Fort! :goodvibes

We're always in that situation with 4 kids. When not staying on points at a DVC resort we do two rooms at Pop Century. Love having the two bathrooms and it's really a fun place to stay.

The Doubletree at the Downtown Disney location sleeps 6 pretty sure too.

I found the cheapest is 2 rooms at the All Stars.:thumbsup2

We are a family of 6 and in 2003 and 2005 the cheapest was to get 2 rooms our first was at the All Stars Music then All Stars Movie. It was nice having to rooms which ment two bathrooms. Two teen girls take up a lot of bathroom time.;)

This year our oldest son is not coming with us so the cheapest for us now is Port Orleans Riverside. Not sure how the bathroom time will work this time.:confused:

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) last Sept. (2006)

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

Thanks for all the input!

Just wondering how many people you had Linda in the ASM Suites. Seems okay for a family of 5, just not sure about including grandma in that mess--seems crowded for 6.

Thanks again! :goodvibes

Thanks for all the input!

Just wondering how many people you had Linda in the ASM Suites. Seems okay for a family of 5, just not sure about including grandma in that mess--seems crowded for 6.

Thanks again! :goodvibes

I understand. At least at All Star Music there are 4 sleeping serfaces instead of 3 and grandma could have the chair bed to herself.
You would also have 2 bathrooms at the Family Suites or at the CSR jr. suite.

Here is the layout for a FW cabin:

Fort_Wilderness-CABIN-LR.gif

Here is the layout for a Jr Suite at CSR;

CSRJRSUITE.jpg

Here is the layout of a deluxe room at at BWI'

_BoardWalk-DL-ROOM-LR.jpg

Here is the layout of a deluxe room at WL

Wilderness_Lodge_Deluxe_Room.gif

The WL deluxe room looks roomier but it too has only 3 sleeping sefaces, it is a lot pricer and it only has 1 bathroom.

Here is a website with room type, number of persons allowed to sleep in a room, seasons and rates for 2007 for WDW resorts:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates-2007.htm#VALUE

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

The Music Suites aren't ever discounted, the Fort Wilderness Cabins are (just one thing to remember). But the Music suites are fairly well priced anyway.

Stayed in the WL Deluxe with 4 Adults and 1 child and found it to be way too small. We were stepping all over each other and all our stuff continually, and we pack lightly. View was great, though!

It helps to know your per night budget. Have you considered the "Downtown Disney" hotels? I am staying at the Royal Plaza for the first time in August - got a link through mousesavers.com for 4th night free (so I'm going for 8 nights, paying for 6). I am getting an exec. suite for $850 or so plus another $100 in taxes for 8 nights ($958 total). But they have some deluxe rooms with 2 doubles and a sleeper for less. You could get two connecting rooms there I think - PM me for the link - you can get a room for about $75/night through it - plus it includes breakfast buffet for 2 adults and I think 2 kids - all I know is kids 10 and under are free for the breakfast. Or there is the Doubletree Guest Suites - 2 double beds in the bedroom, plus a sleeper sofa in the living room. But only one bathroom.

I think 2 bathrooms is better.

Good luck!

Stayed in the WL Deluxe with 4 Adults and 1 child and found it to be way too small. We were stepping all over each other and all our stuff continually, and we pack lightly.

I agree!! These rooms are not as large as the sketch makes you think!

Try a suite at an All Star Resort..I think its ASM that has them?? Or maybe Ft Wilderness cabin...another great Disney experience and you can rent a golf cart to get around at the Fort! :goodvibes

Just an FYI
The cabins sleep 6.
But the golf carts hold 4 persons and rent for close to $50 a day.

Here is a photo of one the carts:

FWcart.jpg

I would do 2 connecting rooms at a Value. We did this at POP when we went with my parents. Two bathrooms, 4 beds, it was great! You feel like you have a little more room because you could wander between 2 rooms.

I was trying going on the threads to post this same ?. For the first time going to WDW, I have 6. Me, DH, DS and girfriend(17) DD and friend (14). We usually stay at the AS, but not sure if I can swing 6 of use on the small budget we have. Which do you all believe is the cheapest for a party of 6? Cabins, AS suites, ??? :confused3

I was trying going on the threads to post this same ?. For the first time going to WDW, I have 6. Me, DH, DS and girfriend(17) DD and friend (14). We usually stay at the AS, but not sure if I can swing 6 of use on the small budget we have. Which do you all believe is the cheapest for a party of 6? Cabins, AS suites, ??? :confused3

The AS Suites start at $179 during value season.

The FW cabins start at $249 during value season.

Here is the link to the prices:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates-2007.htm#VALUE

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Just an FYI

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

Also a fridge is included in AS Suite.

Fridges cost $10 a night to rent when staying at a value . Don't forget the Queen size bed,a coffee pot and microwave are also in Family Suites.

Have fun at Disney!

Just an FYI

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

Also a fridge is included in AS Suite.

Fridges cost $10 a night to rent when staying at a value . Don't forget the Queen size bed,a coffee pot and microwave are also in Family Suites.

Have fun at Disney!

Linda!

This is incredibly important information to consider - think of the $$$ that can be saved with the microwave and Fridge -

Also I'm always unhappy about a double bed instead of a queen - and having to go deluxe to get the queen is ex$pensive!

Thanks for the good info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter