Affordable rooms that sleep 6--HELP!!

the cabins have a full kitchen. with a standard size refrigerator.

the suites have an under the counter model.

the cabins also have a dish washer - don't know about the suites.

there is a big disadvantage to the cabin - only one bathroom and it is pretty small.

If you're planning on doing any eating in the room, I would go with the AllStar Suites. If not having a micro or a fridge isn't going to be a big deal, go with two rooms at a value. No way would I put more than 4 in a room...even at POR-AB...just too many people using the bathroom, and storage isn't great either.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions!

I wish for two bathrooms and at least queen size beds. The main problem for me now is that I want VALUE prices during REGULAR/PEAK season!! :rotfl2:

AHHHHHHH Disney planning makes me CRAZY:scared1:

and we've stayed at the deluxe room at BWI, the ASMu Family Suites, 2 connecting rooms at AKL, and at DVC resorts.

The BWI room was the least comfortable. Posh looking, but only 1 bathroom, uncomfortable beds, and a VERY long walk to the elevator.

The ASMu Family Suites were great. Not fancy, but comfortable. Only 1 bathroom, though. Loved the kitchenette, and the kids adored the chairs that convert to a bed.

We got a great passholder rate on the AKL connecting rooms, and that was fabulous. 2 bathrooms, 2 fridges, great resort.

The most comfortable option is the DVC resorts. 2 large bedrooms + a living room/kitchen. 2 bathrooms, and a washer/dryer! Pricey if you book through Disney, but reasonable if you rent through an owner, especially if you're traveling weekdays. For example, in value season a 2BR would rent for $300/night during the week. No taxes. Weekends are double the cost. We do weekdays at a DVC then stay somewhere else for the weekend if we're going for a longer trip. Although the cost is higher than the hotel rooms, we find we spend the same for our trip since we can eat some meals in our room. The meal cost for a family of 6 is the real budget killer.

Terry

It looks like the only thing we can afford will be 2 rooms at the all stars, the suite only sleeps 6 we are 7. Can we book 2 ajoining rooms? When should I be able to book for August 2008?

We ran into the same problem. There's 5 of us going (3 adults, 1 toddler, 1 infant).

I had wanted a moderate resort, but knew we needed space. So, I chose the family suite at All-star Music not only because of the space and the two bathrooms, but because of the kitchenette too. We aren't doing the dining plan and I'm sure the kitchenette will be handy for us with the kids.

Even though it wasn't my first resort choice, I'm still really looking forward to it. I think my MIL will be happy about it too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter