Status
Not open for further replies.

We call them the Swan and the Carp. No way that's a dolphin...

:D

It's not intended to be a dolphin, it's actually a dolphin fish also known as a Mahi-mahi.

Coryphaena_hippurus.png

It's not intended to be a dolphin, it's actually a dolphin fish also known as a Mahi-mahi.

Coryphaena_hippurus.png
Closer, but no cigar, as my grandmother would have said. :)

Is that for real? They really named a hotel the DOLPHIN after a "dolphin fish"? Or is this a belated April Fool's joke??

This makes it sound like they're supposed to be actual dolphins: http://www.archdaily.com/64270/ad-classics-walt-disney-world-swan-and-dolphin-resort-michael-graves

"Graves chose a swan and a dolphin on purpose, creating two characters not yet used by Disney. The dolphin was inspired by the work of Italian sculptor Gian Lorenzo Bernini. An example of these dolphins can be seen at the King Neptune fountain at the Italian pavilion in Epcot. The major difference, however, is the dolphins in Bernini's work all have their mouths curving down as if they are frowning. Michael Eisner, CEO of the Walt Disney Company, insisted the dolphins were not to be displayed this way on Walt Disney property, and so Graves' dolphins have their mouths curving upward to give the impression that they are smiling."

Maybe you were being sarcastic, and my sarcasm meter is on the fritz today! If so, apologies! :D :rotfl:

PS. My last OT post. Back to the awesome aerials. :)

Coryphaena_hippurus.png
Then shouldn't it have the fin along the back? That is the prominent part of the dolphin fish? The fact that we can even discuss this shows that the sculpture is just ... bad. And who thinks of a dolphin fish first when they hear dolphin. Uggh....

Gosh darn it where's softs?
AK CM's will get to try food at the end of April. First week in May AK then all CM's get to visit the land and ride. Then of course AP and DVC previews. We are getting there they just don't want to rush it.

AK CM's will get to try food at the end of April. First week in May AK then all CM's get to visit the land and ride. Then of course AP and DVC previews. We are getting there they just don't want to rush it.
I only wouldn't be panicking if I wasn't going on the 17th of may and that's an ap preview day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter