Advice please

THESCHULTZFIVE

DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>I'm really nuts
We've never done the dining plan before and were planning to do it this time. However, I didn't realize that you had to purchase it for your entire stay. We're staying for 8 nights, but I was only doing the dining plan for 4 because we're doing Universal Studios and Sea World the other days. Has anyone ever used the dining plan and gone to Universal and Sea World. Did you just waste the dining credits or what. I was thinking of maybe using DDP for breakfast before we go, and having dinner back at Disney on those days but is that really possible ( I've never been to Universal Orlando so I don't know if we could really do the park in between breakfast and dinner). Should I just forget the DDP? I was really looking forward to it because the less I have to worry about on the trip the better. TIA

You can use the credits for breakfast or if u want u can use them for the 2credit signature meals :D which i think is a great idea b/c u normally might not of eaten at them and now u will have the opportunity or u can do the shows like the luau or the hoopde doo

I know most people like to break up their WDW with the off-site stuff sprinked in between. But could you do all of your off site stuff on consecutive days? If so, you could do a room-only reservation at WDW for those days and then a second reservation for 4 days with the package. Just a thought.

Also, check what time the other parks close at night. For us, it's at 7pm which give us time to get back to WDW for dinner.

Pooch

pooch said:
I know most people like to break up their WDW with the off-site stuff sprinked in between. But could you do all of your off site stuff on consecutive days? If so, you could do a room-only reservation at WDW for those days and then a second reservation for 4 days with the package. Just a thought.

Also, check what time the other parks close at night. For us, it's at 7pm which give us time to get back to WDW for dinner.

Pooch
Does Universal have October hours out?

we did a few days offsite while using the disney dining plan and it worked out GREAT! we were able to go to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue (two TS credits per person) w/out worrying where our extra TS would come from... we were able to have breakfast and lunch on days when we were starting early and having a late dinner... we were able to take some snacks and water bottles on the plane for the ride home from the remainder of our snack credits...

i would say that you can easily use up all your credits over the course of eight days, even if you take a day or two out for off-site actvities :)

Ok , we've decided to go for it. We're going to get the dining plan. We'll use our counter service for breakfast on the days we're going to Universal/Sea World. Since Universal closes at 5 & 7 we'll go back to Disney for dinner. Then on the days we're at Disney parks we'll have double the snack credit so we can each get popcorn AND a soda ( :dancer: ). Thanks for the help guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter