Advice please,going in April

I just contacted EZYshuttle as I have read they are the best and least expensive. However, they are booked up for the week I am there! That means there are going to be more people than I realized.:eek:

He did give another company to contact, so I hope they are not fully booked as well.
Have you managed to get your transfer booked yet, do hope so.
Took my daughter to see Tangled this afternoon, it was brilliant, I did cry a wee bit though. Not heard of anyone else crying, maybe I'm just a bit soppy.
How's everyones planning coming along?

Hello fellow April travellers! My DH, DD17, and I will be spending a week in Paris at the end of April and travelling out to DLP a couple of days for our first visit. :woohoo: Have been to DLR?DCA numerous times and WDW twice, but still much to learn about DLP. So glad to have this thread with info about what is happening in April. Do most of you get your information off of the official web site or from some other source?

Have you managed to get your transfer booked yet, do hope so.
Took my daughter to see Tangled this afternoon, it was brilliant, I did cry a wee bit though. Not heard of anyone else crying, maybe I'm just a bit soppy.
How's everyones planning coming along?

Tangled is just wonderful. I have preordered it for my 8yos easter basket along with the lithrographs to put in frames for her princess room. We all loved that movie, although I remember us all laughing through most of it.

I was able to book tioshuttles which was very reasonably priced. Thank you for asking! I'm taking serious considerations for booking the Tea Party as everyone coming back says it was the highlight of the trip. What I think I will do is plan that on the fly. If we happen to be hungry for a snack while it is going on, we'll give it a go.

How are your plans coming along?

Hello fellow April travellers! My DH, DD17, and I will be spending a week in Paris at the end of April and travelling out to DLP a couple of days for our first visit. :woohoo: Have been to DLR?DCA numerous times and WDW twice, but still much to learn about DLP. So glad to have this thread with info about what is happening in April. Do most of you get your information off of the official web site or from some other source?

This will be my first trip to DLP as well. I have only ever been to WDW, but that is quickly about to change. Every other year I take my children on individual trips spending time with them in the place of their choice. It's never been expensive because they have always wanted to go to WDW. However, they through me for a loop when I asked where they wanted to go 2012. One child wanted a Disney Cruise, the other wanted Disneyland, and then another who wants a trip to the UK. I immediately asked, "When did you children become so expensive?":laughing:

As for the question, I get most of my information off this site. I have read a few books and check every other week on the official website, but in general, any questions, concerns or problems can be answered by this lovely bunch of DLP experts :)

Tangled is just wonderful. I have preordered it for my 8yos easter basket along with the lithrographs to put in frames for her princess room. We all loved that movie, although I remember us all laughing through most of it.

I was able to book tioshuttles which was very reasonably priced. Thank you for asking! I'm taking serious considerations for booking the Tea Party as everyone coming back says it was the highlight of the trip. What I think I will do is plan that on the fly. If we happen to be hungry for a snack while it is going on, we'll give it a go.

How are your plans coming along?
Yes there were lot's of laugh's in tangled I just got silly thinking of the poor King & Queen missing their daughter when all the beautiful lanterns flew through the sky, I can be a silly moo:rotfl:
Just have the car hire to book, every time I think I've found 1 I google the company & find terrible reviews, it seems all carhire companies are terrible & try to rip you off at every opportunity. :scared1:

I bit the bullet & just went for the company that gave us the best deal so that's the car hire sorted just the usual bit's & bobs to get sorted now.

That is how I feel as well. I leave in a little over 6 weeks and I keep thinking about all of the little things that I need to get done. I did book my meal times for Disney. I am still waiting for the Eiffel Tower tickets to become available for purchase for April.

I have a folder full of paperwork for all the different bookings I have made for the trip. My youngest won the Santa guess, (Santa came Jan 23rd this year) so I know we are riding Big Thunder Mountain first. The prize of guessing was you got to pick the first ride in DLP, but I haven't mapped out the park to see the other attractions nearby or what we need to Fastpass on the way to BTM. I figured I would do all of that on the airplane.

I am glad to know you found a good deal with a carhire! I am sure it will go smoothly for you.

Now I am off to workout as I realized I only have 6 more weeks to get back into a shape. (Other than round ;))

Another Scot going the first week in April. Flying from glasgow to CDG on 4th staying for 4 nights at the dream castle. Flying back to Edinburgh as the flight time was later.

This will be our third time going to DLP. My son is 4 and he's so excited.

Wondering how busy it will be as the English school hols don't start until the following week. We've booked the train (the quick 9 minute one) and it worked out the same price as the bus.

Hi piggin,
Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to the DLP DIS board :goodvibes

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

it looks like the French school holidays don't start until 9th April, so you might find midweek 1st week of April pleasant and quiet :).

Another Scot going the first week in April. Flying from glasgow to CDG on 4th staying for 4 nights at the dream castle. Flying back to Edinburgh as the flight time was later.

This will be our third time going to DLP. My son is 4 and he's so excited.

Wondering how busy it will be as the English school hols don't start until the following week. We've booked the train (the quick 9 minute one) and it worked out the same price as the bus.

Excellent!! It should be a wonderful time to go:)

Thanks for the welcome!

this is our first time flying there. Previously we've flown to London and travelled to disney by eurostar.

We stayed in the new york hotel last twice too so this is our first time in a disney partner hotel.

Hoping it will be quietish when we go then! Previous twice been in may and it's been fairly busy

Hi Piggin, I haven't dare tell my dd I think she'd actually burst, hubby hasn't even told his mum, doesn't trust her not to "accidentally" tell dd, not getting on with mother in law at the moment sadly so all communication is via hubby, (sorry that's totally off topic) anyway she think's she is a bit psychic & has gotten it into her head that we are going to legoland:rotfl2: yeah right,I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it, but I don't think we'd go there for a holiday.
I'm hoping we have picked a quieter week, like you say, English schools are on holiday later in the month & I think Paris schools start around the 11th of April.

Got all excited- opening times for the 1st half of April are on the calendar and open til 8 weekdays 10 on Sat & 9 on Sun up until the 17th also attraction openings are up too
Pirates of the Caribbean Closed the 1st April :yay:
Les Mystères du Nautilus Closed from 4th April to 8th April
Les Voyages de Pinocchio Closed from 4th April to 30th April :sad2:
Alice's Curious Labyrinth Closed the April:eek:

Other than that :woohoo:

Please do not discount Legoland as a worthy holiday. When mixed with Windsor Castle and Chessington World of Adventures (the hotel there over looks the Zebra paddocks), you can have a great holiday.

In fact, my son has chosen Legoland over DLP as the place he wants to celebrate his birthday later this year.

As Violetta has said, the closures show:

Alice's Curious Labyrinth Closed the April

Does this mean it's closed for all of April? :confused3

We're going towards the end of April and I was hoping to see it :confused:

Please do not discount Legoland as a worthy holiday. When mixed with Windsor Castle and Chessington World of Adventures (the hotel there over looks the Zebra paddocks), you can have a great holiday.

In fact, my son has chosen Legoland over DLP as the place he wants to celebrate his birthday later this year.
Oh no offence meant at all to Legoland, sorry. I'm sure we would have a great time there , but I don't think we would spend a week there, it was more of a dig at my horrid mil not legoland.

As Violetta has said, the closures show:

Alice's Curious Labyrinth Closed the April

Does this mean it's closed for all of April? :confused3

We're going towards the end of April and I was hoping to see it :confused:
I honestly don't know sorry, I got the info from the DLP website, if you click on calender in my previous post the link will take you to the website, change the month to April, then click on the more button an a date & the closure's info comes up.

Without taking the thread wildly off topic (and I know that no offence was meant) but I just want to add that Legoland is such a quality day out, it is expensive, but it is one of the best days out in the UK I have had.

I'm a little sad about Pinocchio becasue they don't have anything like that at WDW. Was it a walk thru or a show, or was it an actual ride?

its a ride - takes you through the story of the Disney movie :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter