Advice on Pop-Ups

tinah159

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about buying a pop-up to add to my rentals. I have never been inside one and have no idea what to look for. I am getting requests for pop-ups and this may be a good time to buy one. I am also thinking about offering tent camping packages. Everyone, please jump in!

You know I would rent a popup in an instant! (Especially with my situation with greatoutdoorcamperrentals.com going out of business)

As people have mentioned on here, the full hookup sites go FAST and if a partial hookup is all I can get, I am limited to a popup camper.

I would also consider a tent camping package if I wasn't coming in unpredictable January, ESPECIALLY with the limitations on checked baggage. It isn't like I can fly down with my tent anymore.

Tinah,

I was trying to send her your way.

Hi Tina! :wave2:

For some market research, maybe you could contact the person who just went out of business. Find out what her issues were, and that might help you decide what to look for in a rental pup. This sure is a good time to buy RV's.

I'd show you mine, but I'm leaving it at home this trip. :rotfl:

Good luck! You know I'm rooting for your business all the way!

Sue in Texas

Hi Tina! :wave2:

This sure is a good time to buy RV's.

Good luck! You know I'm rooting for your business all the way!

Sue in Texas

Thanks Sue!

It really is a good time to buy. I bought a used pull behind last week for a good price. I cant imagine why the other company is closing up shop unless she just was not ready for how much work you have to put in the business.

PS. I am mad b/c I would never cancel someones reservation to close my business. Even if I had lost my trailers, I would rent another unit for them to use for their trip.

PS. I am mad b/c I would never cancel someones reservation to close my business. Even if I had lost my trailers, I would rent another unit for them to use for their trip.

The worst part was the way she went about it... emailing me that she has a dog that she takes camping in the trailer to get me to cancel my ressie (since my daughter has asthma) and when I told her that I still wanted the camper, THEN she dropped the bomb on me that she was going out of business.

I can see why you come so highly recommended!!!

When attempting to field a pop up, always start by taking a step back if you are unsure of the distance. It is easier to run in for the ball, than to back pedal.

well as a pop up owner having friends who also have pop ups....i have been in a few and here are some things i would say to look for:

smell it - if it smells even slightly musty, leave it.

crank it up - it should go up easily(heavy yes, but no struggle with the lift mechanism) and without much noise (creaking)

look in all the hidey holes and under the bunkends - any black mold or rotten spots, leave it.

as for layout:

we have found that we prefer a floor plan where we don't have to go over the dinette to get to a bunk end. we have several pop up owning friends who envy our pop up because we have a dinette in the middle.

AC and heat are a BIG bonus, but if i had to go with one or the other....AC hands down. a small electric heater is easy to transport and pretty darn safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter