Adventures By Disney Taking A Beating

Thanks Dodie!! These people sound a little peeved that's for sure. One thing this thread does for me is confirms that Disney is here quite often and reading the boards. We need to keep voicing our displeasure here to anything we find objectionable. No need to go all willy nilly, but if something is really out of whack, it's pretty obvious that Disney is reading. You are getting your message out there!

I agree.

What I don't understand is that since Disney reps read the boards, and in the ABD case, post as Disney reps - shouldn't Disney have known the reaction that was coming from their customers. Why on earth would you want to annoy your customers who have their calendar and clocks set to call you to book $10,000 trips! (One posted mentioned that he and their friends were calling that morning to book 2 trips for four, because he had been an ABD trip and talked their friend into going.)

What is going on at Disney?

I've always wanted to take an ABD trip, but it looks like I'm scratching that one off my bucket list.

My sentiments exactly. Great post. :thumbsup2

DVC members are spending $$$ to buy into DVC, but they are not allowed to participate with their points in the 4/3 deals, the free dining, etc

I'm a DVC member. I don't want or expect to participate in the 4/3 or free dining deals and I don't think I should expect to. These are meant to fill resort rooms because people are holding off on booking Disney vacations. DVC doesn't need incentives to fill their rooms.

DVC gives us quite a lot of discounts on things anyway - actually got 10% off all the food I bought at Disneyland last weekend. Yeah, it's not much but it's not nothing. If I wanted to eat at the Swan or Dolphin most of the places there will give me 20% off. I don't need free dining.

Now, ABD - what they're doing is completely alienating their fan base, who got used to being offered good discounts right off the bat if they were conscientious and booked early. Now what? Wait around and see what happens to the price?

I'm a DVC member. I don't want or expect to participate in the 4/3 or free dining deals and I don't think I should expect to. These are meant to fill resort rooms because people are holding off on booking Disney vacations. DVC doesn't need incentives to fill their rooms.

DVC gives us quite a lot of discounts on things anyway - actually got 10% off all the food I bought at Disneyland last weekend. Yeah, it's not much but it's not nothing. If I wanted to eat at the Swan or Dolphin most of the places there will give me 20% off. I don't need free dining.

Now, ABD - what they're doing is completely alienating their fan base, who got used to being offered good discounts right off the bat if they were conscientious and booked early. Now what? Wait around and see what happens to the price?

The AP discount especially is AWESOME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter