Advantage, the good the bad the indifferent???

GrumpyBa*D

Mouseketeer
Got a great rate for under 200 for 11 day rental..... Please tell me your horror stories so I am prepared....

Got a great rate for under 200 for 11 day rental..... Please tell me your horror stories so I am prepared....
Advantage is the leisure brand owned by the business brand Hertz, just at Alamo is the leisure brand that's paired with the business brand National.

Unless something has changed, Hertz and Advantage at Orlando International share the same fleet of cars.

I used Simply Wheelz at Orlando International several times a number of years ago and I was happy with the price, the process, and the cars. After that, Hertz bought Advantage and folded Simply Wheelz and Advantage together. I have not used Advantage.

Despite being on this board for years, I don't recall any horror stories about Advantage.

As with any car rental company, it's a good idea to know what your own auto insurance and credit card company cover so that you know whether to accept or decline the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), Loss Damage Waiver (LDW), and any other options that a company offers to you. (The right answer is usually "decline.")

I have rented from Advantage a few times. The thing to keep in mind is they will try to upsell you EVERYTHING! As long as you know your auto coverage (what your home auto will cover while you are in a rental car), or your credit card coverage, (what that will cover in a rental car), and you can stand your ground you will be good.

I have a nice credit card that will cover rental car accidents if I used that credit card. When I told this to the employee she said "I don't think that is true, they are probably lying to you" I had gone over everything with the card company and looked at the fine print and I was covered so I simply said "I'm all set"

I went into the experience knowing that they would be pushy and was ready to stand my ground! I did and we had a nice clean car with no hassles in the garage on pick up or return!

I hope that helps!

Keep happy and you are fine. Advantage is in the garage (and its Hertz). They will not run out of cars. Just stick to your reservation and get your car.

Be aware that driving to and from MCO and other highways in FLA, have tolls. Expect to pay $5 to get back tot the airport. The rental car companies will 'rent you' a fast pass for a few dollars a day. I do it to get thru the toll plazas faster. If you plan to drive a long way, pay the extra $20 (it lowers your tolls so it almost pays for itself in $$, and does in avoiding frustration).

AHHH that's better! I can breath easy now! I booked back in July and have been looking for a different deal because the reviews on other sites were bad, real bad. Glad to hear that they may not have been from the Orlando location. I think I will stick with it and save my $250 difference that i am seeing elsewhere.

Thanks so much for your help

AHHH that's better! I can breath easy now! I booked back in July and have been looking for a different deal because the reviews on other sites were bad, real bad. Glad to hear that they may not have been from the Orlando location. I think I will stick with it and save my $250 difference that i am seeing elsewhere.

Thanks so much for your help
If the reviews were from before 2010, I would not give them a second thought.

The old Advantage filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy at the end of 2008. Then, Hertz acquired the assets of Advantage on March 31, 2009. Hertz then essentially built a new Advantage to be competitive in the leisure car rental business. At Orlando International, that meant rebranding Simply Wheelz to become Advantage.

Reviews from 2010, 2011, and 2012 legitimately are attributable to Hertz's new Advantage operation. However, unless the reviews are about Orlando International Airport, I wouldn't put much stock in them.

Now it gets even more interesting... A few weeks ago, on August 27, Hertz agreed to BUY Dollar Thrifty and to SELL Advantage to the company that owns U-Save:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-27/hertz-said-to-reach-deal-to-acquire-dollar-thrifty.html

I wouldn't expect any big changes immediately, but once the business transactions go through and the new owners take over, the car rental landscape will once again change.

Thank you for Posting this ? I was going to ask the same ?
because i started to look 3 weeks ago and got a good rate with Payless which is off property but a couple of dollars cheaper with Advantage which is on property and i never had problems with payless . so im a little skeptic with companies i never rented from ?

Any update on this? I currently have reservation with Advantage and Dollar, the advantage is cheaper, but I was also afraid of the reviews. I'd love to hear your experience!

well i will say i gave up on all my oher RSVP's and im sticking with Advantage for 117.00 for 6 days for a large car :cool1: i have tried other car rentals and was very skeptic so after looking into everything i feel like it is a good decsion im making for the price im paying

well i will say i gave up on all my oher RSVP's and im sticking with Advantage for 117.00 for 6 days for a large car :cool1: i have tried other car rentals and was very skeptic so after looking into everything i feel like it is a good decsion im making for the price im paying

I've used Advantage twice and have not had problems! Never experienced the "upselling" either! Just rented from them again for my November trip!

Enjoy you vacation!

I've used Advantage twice and have not had problems! Never experienced the "upselling" either! Just rented from them again for my November trip!

Enjoy you vacation!
Thank You for your responce it makes me feel good when i hear this :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter