Adult Only Trip

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by Fryan08, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Fryan08

Fryan08 Mouseketeer

So next fall my husband and I will be taking our first kidless, adult only vacation!! We are very excited about this. So my question to all of you is this. What are some must do things for us to do?

2. TangledHairDon'tCare

TangledHairDon'tCare Earning My Ears

DH and I took a trip during the F&W festival last Oct and had a blast! It was great being able to leisurely walk thru the world showcase and check out the shops without a "bored" 3yo. It was nice trying the different countries cocktails too!

I really didn't do anything different than I will on our trip in November with DD, it was just nice to enjoy things for yourself instead of focusing on your kids enjoyment and needs. We were also able to do rope drop to close, which will NOT happen with a 4yo!

Fryan08 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. indoshakespeare

indoshakespeare Reach out and find your Happily Ever After

Bar-hopping ^^

Fryan08 likes this.
  5. Luvs Mickey

Luvs Mickey Mouseketeer

When we first went without the kids we really enjoyed Epcot WS, as our younger kids didn’t enjoy stopping at every country on previous trips. I would absolutely participate in F&W.

6. lalariner

lalariner Earning My Ears

Jellyrolls for sure!

We take a kid free trip each year - just having less of a plan to stick to is so wonderful. We also use Lyft to get everywhere instead of busses when it's just us. Don't forget to work in some quiet relaxation by the pool!

Fryan08 likes this.
  7. tsme

tsme DIS Veteran

Yay for y’all! My DH & I took the keys to the kingdom the first time we visited alone. Now (our children don’t want want to go any longer) we try to take a different tour or eat at a different place each time we go. It’s fun & we’ve learned a lot. The best part is when you take the tours with age limits you don’t have to deal with other people’s children (no flames plz), you can listen & enjoy the tour. It’s really relaxing & fun.

Fryan08 likes this.
  8. Bama Mom

Bama Mom Earning My Ears

My husband and I are going back next year for our 25th wedding anniversary. It will be the first time it's just the two of us since we honeymooned there. Although our anniversary is at the end of May, we are going in September because our youngest graduates high school a few days before or actual anniversary. Plus this way it can double as a birthday trip for me since we will be there on my birthday :) I'll be following along on this post to see some suggestions. My husband nor I drink (personal choice) so I'm hoping there will be some other suggestions. I will say I am looking forward to being able to enjoy each country in WS without everyone else being ready to move on so quickly.

9. siren0119

siren0119 Mouseketeer

We JUST did this with a couple that we're close friends with. it was AMAZING and I really hope we can make it a regular thing.

Rule #1 - GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO ENJOY YOURSELF WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE'S EXPERIENCE. It took me about a day and a half to stop being in MOM mode and pointing out things to look at, thinking about everyone else;s good time. Once I let that go and just allowed myself to soak it all in for my OWN sake, I relaxed and had a lot more fun.

Rule #2 - It's 100% ok to indulge, you are not responsible for kids and Mickey is your Designated Driver. Have that extra drink, and bring your food baby back to the hotel. Totally worth it.

Rule #3 - Time to wander isn't a bad thing. I always feel like on our family vacations I have to pack in MAXIMUM BANG for my buck. We are going from wake up to sleep every day. On this adults only trip, we pre-planned a couple of specific things we wanted to accomplish each day, but then kind of let the wind take us for the rest of the days. My friend that came along and I were both marveling at how much fun we had with no plan. Want to stop and browse in a shop for a while? Great! Lines are short at one of our favorite rides? Hop on a couple of times! We just let the day play out as we went along and it was AMAZING.

If budget allows, some of the specialty tours are incredible. We don't have a ton of cash to throw at those kinds of things, but just being there and being able to enjoy Disney for ME was priceless.

KimmyD and Tempty like this.
  10. Tempty

Tempty Earning My Ears

Do at least one "fancy" dinner as a date night! And I agree with above posters, Epcot is likely going to be your best friend lol

11. Fryan08

Fryan08 Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone for your ideas!!! The number one thing my husband wants to do is slow down and relax a little. A few more late nights and a few less rope drops!!! Just can't wait!!

12. Pmlocke

Pmlocke Peter Locke

Trust me when I tell you that you have not experianced Walt Disney World until you do it sans children. I have been with my kids and my grandkids (I'm 65, wife is 64) multiple times. Starting 5 years ago my wife and I decided to do it alone, no kids. Halfway through the week my wife exclaimed that this was the best time she had ever had here and couldn't understand why. I too was thinking the same thing. Then it came to me, no kids. What I would suggest is this, pick a park for the morning, enjoy yourself, have lunch, take your time. Go back to the resort for some pool and rest time. Slow down. Enjoy yourself. Have fun. Then, head back to the park (I always get the park hopper so we do 2 parks every day) have dinner and enoy the night time festivities. Here is the best advice I can give you. You are so used to bypassing what the kids didn't want to see, standing in line for what the kids wanted to see, rushing back and forth with your fast passes, you never really took the time to look at things. Slow down and really look around you. We have been going alone now for 6 visits and we still find things we have never seen or done. You will just have to get used to the fact that you are enjoying these parks like never before. 137 more days and we're back.

siren0119 likes this.
  13. martinm

martinm Grumpy Old Man

My wife and I became Dis People as adults... We do this often..
    Our last trip we took a giant bag of change and collected as many squished coins as we could find.
    We booked a wonderful dinner at a 4.5 star steak house.
    We had Dole Whips w/ Rum.

We can skip most of the lines because we dont really ride many rides..

Have a great time!

14. CatyR

CatyR Earning My Ears

I've been many times with my extended family and especially as a kid, I was NOT a fan of Epcot. When my husband and I went for our honeymoon, I was shocked at how much I loved it! We made fast friends with every person we sat near/ hid from rain storms with. I'd also say the best perk was going at a non-peak time because we weren't trying to work around school schedules. We were giggling like kids when we were able to use a fast pass for almost every ride in the park, multiple times!