Adult Kid Easter Basket Ideas

happily single

Left foot first!
I haven’t seen any Easter Basket posts. What is everyone putting in your adult kid Easter baskets? My 18 year old is all set with a new Tumbler and some tools. I’m lost on what to put in my 25yr old basket. He doesn’t drive and when asked said “things for my dog”. Little does he know each dog already has an Easter basket!

I decided no baskets for my kids this year (20, 20, 22, 24, 26), I bought them each a large chocolate bunny from a local confectionery place, and got them each a chipotle gift card (I hate chipotle). We will still have a fun egg hunt in the backyard, my dd20 is flying in for less than 48 hours, dd22 is 4 hours away and has to work Saturday, so not looking good.

I'll tack on -- anyone have non-candy ideas for eggs? DD is insistent on an egg hunt, but she's diabetic and she's outgrown the stickers and little toys I used to put in the eggs. I'm having trouble finding teen things to put in the eggs that isn't candy? I think last year I did some money - some change and some dollar bills but I'd love other ideas.

I'll tack on -- anyone have non-candy ideas for eggs? DD is insistent on an egg hunt, but she's diabetic and she's outgrown the stickers and little toys I used to put in the eggs. I'm having trouble finding teen things to put in the eggs that isn't candy? I think last year I did some money - some change and some dollar bills but I'd love other ideas.

Would chapstick or stickers for water bottles fit in the eggs?

My mom always does a treasure hunt for the grandkids - first they go hunt their eggs (each kid gets 6 of one color), then each egg has a slip of paper with a clue that leads to somewhere around the house with a little gift. Gets around the whole "too big to fit in an egg" thing. :)

I've thought about doing it at home, now that the kids are older and the joy of finding eggs with candy around the yard doesn't really hit the same. But I'm really bad at writing rhymey little clues, so I feel like ours would be a pale imitation of hers.

Gift cards are always popular here. My older son, who's a PITA to buy for, also loves scratch-offs, so he'll get some of them. I also do things like make-up, lip balm, fancy pens, books, etc.

My oldest is a teacher who swears by Ticonderoga pencils. I found some in bright colors--still with regular graphite--to brighten up her classroom.

Younger DD loves post-its, highlighters, and dry-erase markers, so some of those for her.

DS25 also likes a specific type of pen--he's getting some of those

DS17 is traveling a lot this summer--he's getting a fanny pack and a coin purse, among other things he'll appreciate for the trips. He already got our leftover euros for Christmas.

I usually get each child a funny/sarcastic t-shirt. Try pawsoinate.com if you like personalized dog/cat ones. whatonearth.com is another source for funny ones.

If they are coffee drinkers, Homegoods usually has nice packs of paper coffee cups with lids and holders to match. Could get a pack of those, with a box of K-cups and creamers etc. Or a water bottle with flavored hydration packs on the side. My mother still does holidays for me, and I am in my 40's lol. They usually consist of seasonally themed stuff that I use anyway. Also gets a toy for my pet. It never gets old, and is always appreciated.

Gift cards are always popular here. My older son, who's a PITA to buy for, also loves scratch-offs, so he'll get some of them. I also do things like make-up, lip balm, fancy pens, books, etc.

My oldest is a teacher who swears by Ticonderoga pencils. I found some in bright colors--still with regular graphite--to brighten up her classroom.

Younger DD loves post-its, highlighters, and dry-erase markers, so some of those for her.

DS25 also likes a specific type of pen--he's getting some of those

DS17 is traveling a lot this summer--he's getting a fanny pack and a coin purse, among other things he'll appreciate for the trips. He already got our leftover euros for Christmas.

I usually get each child a funny/sarcastic t-shirt. Try pawsoinate.com if you like personalized dog/cat ones. whatonearth.com is another source for funny ones.
Thanks. The paws website is amazing!

Thanks. The paws website is amazing!
We LOVE those shirts! I'd gotten DD19 the sleep shirt, with her and her dog. Then for Easter, I got her one that has the two of them and says, "Life is better with Izzy". She happened to see it early, and said, "This is the t-shirt that I didn't know I needed until just now!"

I also got DS25 the one that says, "Today, I'm only talking to the cat" that has him and our cat Florence on it. Well, the best approximation, since they didn't have a dilute calico ragdoll, oddly enough!

I'm not doing any Easter baskets for the 27 and 30 year olds we'll be having over. I am though, lol. getting a bunch of plastic eggs for them to find and so far unless I come up with some other things, putting a $2 bill in each egg. They love a Honey Baked Ham, so I'll be getting one of those and making my mom's recipe for a wonderful raison sauce, so that's sort of the special Easter thing for all of us.

Not condoning it, but for the adults, tiny liquor bottles in the larger plastic eggs.

Posca markers

Adult coloring books with nice pencils

The mystery games - like a file folder filled with clues to figure out whodunit

The boxes of conversation starter cards - can be very adult or family friendly

Just an idea
Happy Easter

I hope I explain this right.
Match the eggs
24 paper eggs
put 12 paper eggs folded inside plastic eggs.
Hide around the house.
Stick the other 12 eggs with the prize written on the back it on the refrigerator.
Eggs must match up either in design or color.

1. EOs lip balm
2.Hair ties/clips
3.nail polish
4.tic tacs
5. manicure set
6. Starbucks /coffee shop Gift card
7.Sugar Free Gum
8. $5/$10/$ 20 bill
9. Earrings
10. bracelet
11. mini soaps
12. charms
13. bath bombs
14. Ear buds
15. USB key
16. deck cards
17 . article of clothing
18. One trip to the dollar store ($10/$20/$25 gift card).
etc
Could also have a Golden Egg Treat which is maybe a
Zoo pass or Movie pass.

https://www.applegreencottage.com/easter-egg-matching-game-free-printables/

e70d506b2a372a9f7dcf904e2cf00cae.jpg

Last edited:
ust an idea
Happy Easter

I hope I explain this right.
Match the eggs
24 paper eggs
put 12 paper eggs folded inside plastic eggs.
Hide around the house.
Stick the other 12 eggs with the prize written on the back it on the refrigerator.
Eggs must match up either in design or color.
Wow very creative!

My 26yo is getting a board game he likes, a gift card for to a pizza place, and a couple of his favorite candies.

My mom does an egg hunt for her grandchildren and because of their ages (26, 18, 13, 10, 5), she has to keep it interesting for them. She hides the plastic eggs. Small eggs will have a piece of candy or two and either quarters or a dollar bill (they can find as many as they want - and yes the big kids are sweet to the little ones). Medium size eggs have a pack of candy and a small amount ($5-10) gift card to fast food they like to eat (they are allowed to find 2 each max). They each will also have 1 large egg they have to find specifically for them (they know their color). It will have a present or two of some kind - like a game, shirt, toys for the younger ones, etc.) and a bag of their favorite candy.
She also recently started a grown ups easter hunt. She hides specialty beers, mini wine bottles, and the like. It's fairly hilarious. Especially after the hunt when people start negotiating trades. 😂

Not condoning it, but for the adults, tiny liquor bottles in the larger plastic eggs.

Posca markers

Adult coloring books with nice pencils

The mystery games - like a file folder filled with clues to figure out whodunit

The boxes of conversation starter cards - can be very adult or family friendly
Heck I'll condone it for any that like to imbibe in a drink or two ..... also get some drink chips from their favorite bar if they are local and put in the plastic eggs ... be surprised how enthusiastic the egg hunts become.

Heck I'll condone it for any that like to imbibe in a drink or two ..... also get some drink chips from their favorite bar if they are local and put in the plastic eggs ... be surprised how enthusiastic the egg hunts become.
We have a lot of local bars, I’ve never heard of a drink chip.

Nothing to add the adult basket, cause we don't do them, but those mentioning grand kids......we have 6-18. For years now , they line up youngest to oldest. Youngest goes out, wait a couple of mins till she has grabbed a few eggs, then next, then next. All the teens get released at once.

My teens get a new pair of pajama pants and fun t-shirt in their baskets. Also lip gloss and fidget rings.

What are the 25 year old's interests? Do they like fun gifts or more practical gifts?

I know people in the past have done cleaning supplies especially for those in college or on newly on their own. Or practical things for his place (assuming he lives on his own).

Gift card is a good idea so are novelty items mentioned above related to his pet ownership (one year for my husband's birthday he got a novelty gift that is a glass that says "best cat dad ever")

Since the time I could drive my parents have gotten me a AAA card in my basket. Back then I was like OK???? Over the past 40 years I have learned to love this gift. I have needed a tow a few times and the hotel/tickets and other discounts more than pay for the price and I don't even have to pay for it. Just and out of the box thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter