Adoption Celebration @ Disney

Tink2000

Mouseketeer
We have just found out our adoption of our 2 foster girls will very likely be finalized right before we leave for Disney on Dec. 16th. :goodvibes
We are a family with a 11 year old daughter and are adopting a 17 year old and her 21 month old daughter. So as you see I cover all ages with my girls. I want to make this special for all of us. Both sets of grandparents will be with us at Disney. Any suggestions?:santa:

Well, have you ever seen the Tigger movie?

Tigger hunts high and low for his family tree-- presumably a set of tiggers who look exactly like him.

He comes to realize that family is the people who care for you.

It's my favorite adoption movie!!!

So I would center something around Tigger!!!

Congratulations on this huge milestone!!!!

1st of all Congrats on the adoption!! :thumbsup2 What a wonderful thing to be able to celebrate!

As far as a suggestion I would have to ask if you have called and asked about the magical gatherings? Not sure if they are still doing that, but you might want to check.

Otherwise, definitely get the picture CD and have lots of pictures of all of the wonderful things that happened on your trip!

Sending you pixiedust:pixiedust: for an extra magical trip!

First off congrats!!! We just got back from our adoption celebration at Disney a few days ago. It's a wonderful place to celebrate after such a long, hard journey. We adopted our foster baby too so I understand how hard it is.

Enjoy!

Firstly Big hugs and Congrats - We are adopting our 3year old Foster Child and I have got a celebration trip booked for October 2012, we are at the begining of the adoption process.

We will be doing quite a few character meals, great family get togethers.
I am looking at booking a wishes cruise.
I am also looking at booking Mickeys backyard bbq.

But we will be there for 3 weeks onsite so I am making a lot of down time just chillin (if we will be able to do that with a then 4 year old..lol) and playin. I am also going to do a Mickeys Magic Drawer - basically instead of a Tink drawer.

It will be a interesting trip my birth children are 18 and 22, and my son who is 22 is having a child in December so I will also be a nana, and our 3 year old will be a Uncle - lol. But its been a long time since I had to queue for Dumbo...so that will bring a different kind of magic back into the mix for us.

Angie

Congrats! We celebrated our first adoption at WDW and celebrated our sons birthday our next trip only to get the news while we were standing in the ME line that he was ours forever! Its such a wonderful place to celebrate such a momentous ocassion. On our first trip with all three, our kids were 16, 12, and 5 but our 5 year old was developmentally delayed to about 2 years. It was a bit tough at times because we wanted to make sure they all got to do what they wanted. First, we talked about what they wanted to do. Planned character meals to avoid some character lines, discussed must dos and made sure we had a plan that allowed everyone to do what was most important. We recognized we probably wouldnt get to do everything and that was okay. We used fast pass as much as we could too. That helped alot, particularly on rides that were long waits.

We did a trip to Disney to celebrate my son's adoption from foster care too. I was disappointed that they really had nothing special for that kind of occasion. They didn't even have a button he could wear.

We were there about 12 years ago for our dd's adoption. I can't remember if we mentioned it when we made our reservations or when we checked in.

We received a 5 x 7 photo of a group of characters and it was signed by Mickey and Minnie. I seem to remember it saying Congrats on your adoption.

Congratulations to your family!

We have just found out our adoption of our 2 foster girls will very likely be finalized right before we leave for Disney on Dec. 16th. :goodvibes
We are a family with a 11 year old daughter and are adopting a 17 year old and her 21 month old daughter. So as you see I cover all ages with my girls. I want to make this special for all of us. Both sets of grandparents will be with us at Disney. Any suggestions?:santa:

Just curious because we've often wondered how that situation works when we've been approached taking in a teen foster and her baby, are you adopting both or just the teen? Was curious how they handle TPR in that situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter