Adjusting FastPass+ Party Numbers

MermaidLagoonResident

Mouseketeer
Hi All!

I am booked for a WDW trip for Princess Race Weekend in Feb. Originally it was going to be a solo trip but recently my mom decided she would like to come with me. I've bought my park tickets and my fp+ window is coming up in mid dec, my mom has not bought her tickets yet. For family health reasons she had been thinking about waiting as long as possible before buying her tickets, in case she has to cancel.

For our fp+ selection am I able to select items under my ticket and then when she purchases her tickets adjust the current selections from 1 person to 2? I know you can adjust time slots pretty easily once you have them but wasn't sure if party size works the same way. Or should I just work on convincing her to buy her tickets now and then if something happens they should be covered under the trip travel insurance she has purchased.

Hi All!

I am booked for a WDW trip for Princess Race Weekend in Feb. Originally it was going to be a solo trip but recently my mom decided she would like to come with me. I've bought my park tickets and my fp+ window is coming up in mid dec, my mom has not bought her tickets yet. For family health reasons she had been thinking about waiting as long as possible before buying her tickets, in case she has to cancel.

For our fp+ selection am I able to select items under my ticket and then when she purchases her tickets adjust the current selections from 1 person to 2? I know you can adjust time slots pretty easily once you have them but wasn't sure if party size works the same way. Or should I just work on convincing her to buy her tickets now and then if something happens they should be covered under the trip travel insurance she has purchased.

Have you booked a package with tickets or a room-only with a separate ticket purchase? If it's a package, your best bet is to add your mom to it and then take her off if she can't go. The worst that would happen in that case is you might face a $50 change fee within the 30 day cancellation window for a package. If it's a room-only with separately purchased tickets, then, yes, it's a bit of a conundrum. If she purchases now, as you know, you can make both of your FP+ reservations at the 60 day mark. If she waits as long as possible, the best you can do is either try to add her to your current FP+ reservations or find times that overlap with yours. For example, if you have a 10 am - 11 am window for a ride, as long as you find her something that overlaps your time at some point, you can get in the FP+ line together. She could do anything starting between 9:00 am - 11:15 am in that case. You obviously have a shorter window of time to get in that line, but it can work. You could also call Disney IT to see if they can help you match up FP+ times.

Just an FYI, WDW tickets do not lose value and, even if they expire, you can use them toward the purchase of new tickets for a future date, so I would not bet on travel insurance covering the cost of tickets as you aren't losing any money on them.

Have you booked a package with tickets or a room-only with a separate ticket purchase? If it's a package, your best bet is to add your mom to it and then take her off if she can't go. The worst that would happen in that case is you might face a $50 change fee within the 30 day cancellation window for a package. If it's a room-only with separately purchased tickets, then, yes, it's a bit of a conundrum. If she purchases now, as you know, you can make both of your FP+ reservations at the 60 day mark. If she waits as long as possible, the best you can do is either try to add her to your current FP+ reservations or find times that overlap with yours. For example, if you have a 10 am - 11 am window for a ride, as long as you find her something that overlaps your time at some point, you can get in the FP+ line together. She could do anything starting between 9:00 am - 11:15 am in that case. You obviously have a shorter window of time to get in that line, but it can work. You could also call Disney IT to see if they can help you match up FP+ times.

Just an FYI, WDW tickets do not lose value and, even if they expire, you can use them toward the purchase of new tickets for a future date, so I would not bet on travel insurance covering the cost of tickets as you aren't losing any money on them.

Plans had changed a few times for before my mom confirmed I had already bought my park tickets (Canadian residence deal) and then booked a room only at a later point. Do you think I could call/online adjust my room booking to add park ticket for 1 person (aka Mom) and then if something happens and she can't attend, do the 30 day/$50 change fee for the cancellation.

Oh, good point about the tickets not expiring. Do you know is that for any type of ticket, would the value of the Canadian residence deal carry over (if lets say Mom buys that and then is unable to attend)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!