Adivice on somewheres to dine for DH's b-day

Banshee

<font color=blue>Bip & Bop<br><font color=green>I
I am trying to think of something nice fo Dh's birthday that wont break the bank. Any info is appreciated!!:D

what about jiko at AKL or artist point at WL? those are very good. in the parks what about a world showcase restaurant or hollywood brown derby at mgm? we have enjoyed many meals at all of these restaurants and you can't go wrong. good luck and happy birthday to your husband!:tongue:

Well - for the most bang for the buck, I'd have to pick Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club. The food is great, and the variety is plentiful. It is one of the most reasonably priced meals at WDW.

Oh yeah! Awesome dessert bar, too.

Boma at AKL is good and is a treat as it's kind of different.:earsboy:

Which of the following describes your husband...
a. A meat 'n potatoes man
b. Preference for fish, preferably fried
c. A portion of steak sided with bernaise sauce and a smashing of cilantro/lime roasted potatoes

a. Likes a simple pie or cake for dessert
b. Likes to try a stout ale every now and then
c. Loves the crackle on the top of a creme brulee

a. Would rather ride Space Mountain again than race over to a PS at the Castle?
b. Likes to tour the world but without flying overseas.
c. Would wait for more than 30 minutes if the meal was impeccably dressed and served.

a. Prefers the tip to be no more than his dessert.
b. Prefers for the tip to be no more than his entree.
c. Doesn't care how much the tip is because it's all about ambience.

If you answered mostly a's then try....
Liberty Tavern, Cinderella's Royal Table, Whispering Canyon

If you answered mostly b's then try...
Great Britain's pub restaurant, the German Restaurant, or Le Cellier

If you answered mostly c's then try...
Narcossee's, Concourse, Yachtsman's

This is the best I could come up with...my hubby is probably an A/B person and loved Le Cellier...runs about $50 for the two of you without alcoholic beverages....if you give a more specific idea of budget and his tastes...it might help others give some better ideas...Good luck!!! Happy Birthday!!
Tara
f.

Ohanas is a fav of ours. We have been twice for the evening meal and it was very good and a good experience. If you time it right, try getting seated on a night that Wishes fireworks at MK is happening and get the time say 45 mins. to an hr. before. When you get there ask for a window seat very nicely. Even if not by the window you can still see from a lot of places inside the restaurant. It makes for a memorable and special time. They turn the lights down and pipe in the music from the show. You have a birdseye view.

The food is some of the best in WDW IMHO. Get a priority seating if this is what you plan.

Personally i think that the 50's Prime Time cafe in MGM is the best. While you wait for your table you get to see clips from old tv shows. "Mom" usually serves you dinner and if you put your elbows on the table you might have to stand in the corner if you get caught. It's a lot of fun.

I second the Brown Derby at MGM - DH and I ate there for our third anniversary. I thought it was somewhat pricey but it was our anniversary after all so it was a needed splurge.

We also love San Angel Inn in the Mexican Pavilion at Epcot and the Rose and Crown in Epcot - San Angel Inn's atmosphere is very condicive to romance so that may be the way to go. You can also book for a later PS at the Rose and Crown so you can get a great seat to watch Illuminations.

Good luck!!

I heartily recommend Restaurant Marrakesh. The food is delicious and if he orders a sampler or feast, he will get an assortment to try. Plus, if you mention that you are celebrating his birthday, they will bring a free dessert. He'll love the belly dancer and music show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter