Additional Driver Surcharge question

Skinsfan

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
Is Avis the only on-site rental agency that does not impose a $5.00 per day additional driver surcharge? Last May, there rates were around $20.00 higher, than Dollar, however, Dollar charges $5.00per day, for an additional driver. Needless to say, we went with Avis. Thanks!!

You may want to call and see if that applies to a spouse. I have found on a couple of occasions that although the website may say there's an additional driver fee, I would call and was told it does not apply to your spouse. Of course, if the additional driver you want to add is not your spouse than NEVERMIND (LOL)

I went with Avis for this reason also. I checked with National and Alama and was told there would be an additional $5.00 per day charge for my spouse. I got a decent rate with Avis, and since there is no extra charge for both of us to drive the car, I decided on Avis.

The other thing to keep in mind is whether you belong to the "club" I know that with National's Enerald membership - one of the perks is spouse for free.

DH and I used Budget over Memorial Day Weekend (not at WDW) and were not charged an additional driver fee. Not even sure they operate in Florida as there was a stipulation in our contract about not being able to drive the car into Florida, Canada or New Mexico which wasn't a problem since we were in West Virginia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter