Adding Universal after WDW stay

Synonymous

I know all about it, see?
We are going to be at WDW for 8 days in February, at Wilderness Lodge Villas, and we're thinking of going to see Universal. Our daughter will be 4 1/2 and is fearless as far as rides go, but won't be tall enough for many of the IOA attractions.

I'd like opinions on whether it would be better to shuttle over from Disney for a day, hitting those things in both parks that our daughter can do, or add a day at one of the Universal hotels at the end of the trip. (The day we'd be adding would be a Saturday, which I guess is the worst day for IOA.) That way we'd have the better part of two days at Universal before heading to the airport.

Thanks for your opinions!

Tom

We're doing the same but are going to Universal/IOA first then WDW.

I'd stay onsite at Universal and take advantage of the Front of the Line access that guest receive with their room key. Unless they do away with this feature by the time you go.

That way you'd have plenty of time to do everything you want at both parks.

We're staying at the Hard Rock Hotel for 3 nights at $117. at the Entertainment book rate.

:)

Add a day over at universal..the resorts are wonderful..and the front of the line access is wonderful...especially when you have little ones with you.

I'm staying at HRH for 8 nights, but spending half the time doing the parks at WDW. I hate the idea of spliting my hotel stay, but now am seriously considering it because of the travel time involved, even though we will have a car. We love trying new hotels and couldn't pass up the great Ent rate. Have done WDW many times so it's not crucial that we're at the parks at the crack of dawn, but the idea of driving back and forth has got me thinking.

Thanks for the advice, folks. My wife agrees with you, so we'll probably add a day there.

Tom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter