Adding or subtracting guests in a room?

flav

Loving My Ears
We are in a very early stage of planning a trip and who is coming might change all the way until the end.

The most likely situation is
Bedroom 1: 1 adult and 1 12y.o i.e my kid and I
Bedroom 2: 2 adults (not a couple) i.e my mom and her brother

If 1 adult and 1 14y.o were to join Bedroom 1, what would be best?
1) to add them during reservation
2) to add them at checkin
3) to add them when they show up

Also, if we stay in the original situation, is it ok if one of the Bedroom 2 adults sleeps in Bedroom 1 some nights? Or if the 12 y.o goes to Bedroom 2? That would happen the night prior a long runDisney race.

It depends on whether or not you'd be booking a package or a room-only reservation.

If you're on a package, everyone on the reservation must be on the same package for the full length of the reservation. This can be not-cost-effective, if you end up paying for a dining plan for, say, a week, and the extra guest is only there for two days. In that case, it makes much more sense to add the person(s) when they arrive.

If you're on a room-only reservation, it doesn't really matter, there's no difference in the cost since you'd have at most two adults in the room. I'd probably still wait to add them until they arrive, just to avoid the bother of changing the reservation as plans change.

As for who's sleeping in each room....Disney doesn't do bed checks. ;) They won't know or care who's in the rooms.

Are you talking about a DVC two bedroom or two hotel rooms?
If DVC, are you renting points, or direct from Disney?
Your rate could be affected by adding visitors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter