Adding on direct after buying resale (BLT) - tips/advice?

kboo

DIS Veteran
What has been people's experience adding on a small number of points direct after resale? I've experienced some pregnant pauses after saying so, when I was getting my membership # and account activated. Now trying to buy 25 points direct and have been told "it depends on other orders coming in," and I remember a DIS veteran saying that some guides may not make the time to "find" a little contract when they want to be selling Poly, CC and Aulani.

Am I correct that they'd have to have the points in my requested UY on hand (like from ROFR or a foreclosure) in order to sell them, when dealing with a previously sold out resort?

Any sense how long I would need to wait? I was told they can't promise anything, it "looks like very soon," but there are orders are coming in from all directions, and if no pending orders, or few for my UY, they couldn't promise anything but it should be on the order of days.

(I am going to give it a few days, but I'm just trying to see whether this triggers anyone's BS sensor.)

They have to have the inventory on hand to sell it to you.

I called my guide a month ago. BWV, VWL & AKV all were available. BCV was not

They will ROFR the first contract they can low-ball. No worries.

Know you are eager, but I'd give it at least a week

We added a small BLT contract last year. Oct use year so we were hoping to get 2015 points. Got in just under the wire in late Sept after a wait of about 2 months. They will tell you how far down you are on the wait list for your use year. I think we were number 8 on the list for a while then suddenly we moved up quickly. Once you get "the call", as long as you pay cash, you get the points right away -- so easy!

I'd say they are being overly cautious in what they say just because it's virtually impossible to predict when the points would be available if they aren't there right when you call in. I wouldn't put any sort of conspiracy theory against it that they don't want to sell it to you when they have the other 3 they are "currently" selling.

We just added on 25 points direct at BLT earlier this week. We purchased resale recently and wanted the ability to buy the gold AP. We have a Feb use year and the points were available when I called. The points were actually in my account within a couple of hours of the phone call.

I just got off the phone from adding on 25 pts direct at AKV. The guide was great to deal with and had no hesitations with the fact that I had just bought resale and was only adding on 25 points. She was referred to me by the company that I purchased resale from.

Just got off the phone and added the points.

Seems a little coincidental to me, but I called the guide who I spoke to yesterday and asked if there was a wait list for the BLT points in question, and if so, where I was on the wait list. He couldn't tell me, did a little, "don't call us, we'll call you," and then he said he saw them in inventory yesterday and was waiting to see if they were bought by someone higher on the wait list, but sometimes they can have up to a week to decide, and then they get offered to the next person, but ... etc etc .. expect them to come in the next day or two or could be as late as next week... etc etc

I said that was fine, and got off the call quickly but politely as I had a meeting to go to. As I was walking into the meeting I saw the call come in from FL.... Lo and behold, as soon as we hung up, he got an email that there were points in my UY at BLT! What a coincidence. :surfweb:

Anyway. I got the points. I'll be a direct member for the perks. Mission accomplished.

(Thanks to this board for all your input.)

We just added on 25 points direct at BLT earlier this week. We purchased resale recently and wanted the ability to buy the gold AP. We have a Feb use year and the points were available when I called. The points were actually in my account within a couple of hours of the phone call.

You are not the only poster who added, just days ago, the same UY and resort I was looking for. Which is why I decided to call and ask where I was on the wait list, since it seemed odd to me that they wuold have just run out! Had I not had the info on these boards, I certainly would have waited a week before calling again. I just decided to make it more of a pain to keep taking my calls than to just sell me the d*mn points.

My internal voice: I get that I am not high on your priority list, but really... ?

Just got off the phone and added the points.

Seems a little coincidental to me, but I called the guide who I spoke to yesterday and asked if there was a wait list for the BLT points in question, and if so, where I was on the wait list. He couldn't tell me, did a little, "don't call us, we'll call you," and then he said he saw them in inventory yesterday and was waiting to see if they were bought by someone higher on the wait list, but sometimes they can have up to a week to decide, and then they get offered to the next person, but ... etc etc .. expect them to come in the next day or two or could be as late as next week... etc etc

I said that was fine, and got off the call quickly but politely as I had a meeting to go to. As I was walking into the meeting I saw the call come in from FL.... Lo and behold, as soon as we hung up, he got an email that there were points in my UY at BLT! What a coincidence. :surfweb:

Anyway. I got the points. I'll be a direct member for the perks. Mission accomplished.

(Thanks to this board for all your input.)

Awesome! Congratulations!

I'm thinking about directly adding points too. I have an October use year contract at BLT that just cleared ROFR and so it's probably going to be a few more weeks until I close and my account is set up. By the time I close, I will be within the final four months of the 2016 use year, so will Disney let me bank the points into the new use year that starts in October 2017? I suppose I could ask them at the time I consider buying the points, but we're not planning on using the points on the new contract until January 2018 since my account won't be set up until June.

I'm thinking about directly adding points too. I have an October use year contract at BLT that just cleared ROFR and so it's probably going to be a few more weeks until I close and my account is set up. By the time I close, I will be within the final four months of the 2016 use year, so will Disney let me bank the points into the new use year that starts in October 2017? I suppose I could ask them at the time I consider buying the points, but we're not planning on using the points on the new contract until January 2018 since my account won't be set up until June.

As long as you buy direct before Oct 1st they will let you bank the 2016 points on the new contract.

So... We put the purchase on a credit card and I'm told the contract docs should arrive via FedEx. I don't think my card has been charged yet, nor have the points shown up in my account. Are they waiting for the 3-day rescission period to expire? That hasn't seemed to be the case with others who have added on.

So... We put the purchase on a credit card and I'm told the contract docs should arrive via FedEx. I don't think my card has been charged yet, nor have the points shown up in my account. Are they waiting for the 3-day rescission period to expire? That hasn't seemed to be the case with others who have added on.

It took a few days for the paperwork to arrive, but it did via Fedex. It's a bigger box than one would expect. For the points, I would check today. It probably gets handed off to someone to process and it could depend on how late in the day they got it and what they had on the pile in front of yours. It should be done today I would have to think.

It took a few days for the paperwork to arrive, but it did via Fedex. It's a bigger box than one would expect. For the points, I would check today. It probably gets handed off to someone to process and it could depend on how late in the day they got it and what they had on the pile in front of yours. It should be done today I would have to think.

Yes, I just called member services, who told me to check in with the guide - they told me the same thing, so hopefully it's just a few more hours. I need those additional points to bank and then book a trip in February (standard studios are already gone, of course, but I'd like to still get the whole week in the LV studio). SOOOOO close!

I also paid by CC yesterday and my points were loaded within about an hour.

I also paid by CC yesterday and my points were loaded within about an hour.

how late? I did the transaction around 5:30 or 6pm Eastern, and MS said if it was later in the day they might not have gotten to it yet.

Last edited:
how late? I did the transaction around 5:30 or 6, and MS said if it was later in the day they might not have gotten to it yet.

That would probably explain the delay. I believe mine was around 2:00.

We are in ROFR for a Jun UY and will also likely add on. Obviously we will not make the Jun 1 deadline to buy direct and get 2016 points. But just for discussion sake, if we did, what would we pay for 2017 MF's (full, pro-rated) assuming a close just prior to Jun 1?

Thanks

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter