Adding a Day to a Ticket?

AlucobondTriangle

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I called Disney to see about adding a 4th day to a 3-day ticket and they quoted me $120 per ticket to add the day. I remember doing this a few years ago and they just quoted me the difference in price from a 3-day ticket to a 4-day ticket (something like $30 per ticket). Did this policy change or did the rep I spoke to misunderstand what I was asking. Granted, it's less than adding a single day by itself but I was still a little sticker shocked. Thanks!

The inflection point where it's about $30/day is from 4 days to 5 days. 3 days to 4 should be about $80-$90.

Did you get your tickets from a third party site? If so, they may be using your discounted price for a 3 day ticket, and then charging you a full priced 4 day ticket from there.

The inflection point where it's about $30/day is from 4 days to 5 days. 3 days to 4 should be about $80-$90.

Did you get your tickets from a third party site? If so, they may be using your discounted price for a 3 day ticket, and then charging you a full priced 4 day ticket from there.
Yes its from UnderCover Tourist. Shucks, that's a lot for a one day upgrade.

Just to make sure the rep didn't misunderstand you and charge a full 1 day ticket, you can also pricecheck and do this yourself on the MDE app. No need to call guest services.

I recall reading once that if you modify a UT ticket prior to activating it by using it, you get charged the difference between the UT price for the 3-day and the Disney price for the 4-day. But if you do it after you activate the ticket, you just get charged the difference between the Disney prices for a 3- and 4-day ticket. The context I read this was for upgrading a UT ticket to an annual pass, you should wait until using the ticket since you'd essentially get a discounted AP. If what I read was correct, then you may get a cheaper price if you add it during your trip. Maybe somebody else can verify this?

I recall reading once that if you modify a UT ticket prior to activating it by using it, you get charged the difference between the UT price for the 3-day and the Disney price for the 4-day. But if you do it after you activate the ticket, you just get charged the difference between the Disney prices for a 3- and 4-day ticket. The context I read this was for upgrading a UT ticket to an annual pass, you should wait until using the ticket since you'd essentially get a discounted AP. If what I read was correct, then you may get a cheaper price if you add it during your trip. Maybe somebody else can verify this?

Nope, that doesn't work anymore.

Buying from UT doesn't matter. It should be the difference between a 3-day and a 4-day on the WDW site -- you can look it up yourself. It's likely around $100+tax, maybe more depending on dates. It has been quite a while since the difference was only $30. The longer the ticket the less cost per day, so a 3-4 day ticket is still a good chunk of change.

Hmmm. I had this situation in May for Disneyland. We wanted to add 1 day. CM told me that you can no longer just add one day to an existing ticket. Instead, they wanted to sell us a single day ticket. We discussed further with the CM and ultimately had to cancel the original 4 day ticket and purchase a new 5 day ticket. Not sure if that's what is going on here...

Did you load the ticket in to MDE?
I dd this with a ticket for DGD in July
Bought her ticket from UT, 4 days.
Loaded it in to MDE
Decided later on to add a day
Went on to MDE, selected Modify Ticket (or however it's worded)
Made the change, checked out.
It charged me the difference
It was super easy

Did you load the ticket in to MDE?
I dd this with a ticket for DGD in July
Bought her ticket from UT, 4 days.
Loaded it in to MDE
Decided later on to add a day
Went on to MDE, selected Modify Ticket (or however it's worded)
Made the change, checked out.
It charged me the difference
It was super easy
What was the price difference to add the 5th day?

It wouldn't matter... big difference between adding one day onto a 3-Day Ticket and adding one day onto a 4-Day Ticket. Also big difference between the days and seasons with these dynamic prices.
Just look at the ticket prices shown on Disney's Ticket calendar for the time you are going, to see what it would have been if you had bought a 4-Day Ticket vs what it would have been for the 3-Day Ticket. If your paying more, it's likly due to the UT discount, you could try contacting them. But it's at least $100 to go from 3 to 4 days....

Assuming you are asking because you are considering addin a 5th day to 4-day tickets... it really will depend on your dates, but I checked some random dates this fall and the difference between a 4-day ticket and a 5-day ticket ranges from about $32+tax to $50+tax. You can check the prices for your specific dates online and do the math.

Assuming you are asking because you are considering addin a 5th day to 4-day tickets... it really will depend on your dates, but I checked some random dates this fall and the difference between a 4-day ticket and a 5-day ticket ranges from about $32+tax to $50+tax. You can check the prices for your specific dates online and do the math.
Thanks! I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. If buy discounted tickets from UCT and decide to upgrade a day from Disney, I will just pay the difference in Disney's 4 to 5 day prices?

Yes, that is correct. A ticket purchased from UT or any authorized reseller is valued the same as Disney's online price for the same ticket. So to upgrade, it's simply the difference between Disney's online price for the 2 tickets.

Unless there has been a ticket increase in the meantime, then it's the difference between Disney's online price at the time you buy your tickets vs Disney's current online price for the new ticket. So it may be good to make note of the Disney price at the time you buy your tickets.

Yes, that is correct. A ticket purchased from UT or any authorized reseller is valued the same as Disney's online price for the same ticket. So to upgrade, it's simply the difference between Disney's online price for the 2 tickets.

Unless there has been a ticket increase in the meantime, then it's the difference between Disney's online price at the time you buy your tickets vs Disney's current online price for the new ticket. So it may be good to make note of the Disney price at the time you buy your tickets.
Ok thank you. I know that's how it used to be but just wanted to make sure nothing had changed.

Just to confirm - this person is wrong?
Price-bridging as the PP described doesn't happen anymore -- the bit about "use a ticket first then upgrade" to get the best credit value.

Credit is given for the ticket based on the WDW online price as of when the ticket was purchased (with a few exceptions such as an authorized reseller was allowed an extra week to sell "old stock" tickets). That means if there is a price increase after you purchased your ticket, then you go to upgrade (add a day), you will be charged the new ticket increase.

Just for some added explanation, 4 day tickets are very popular because there are 4 parks. Which is why there is not much discount to go from 3-4 days like there is to go from 4-5 days.

One thing we often do is book a 3-day hopper ticket and combine AK with another park. This is a bit cheaper than 4-day but not super cheap—though the savings adds up as we are a larger family. We will also sometimes do a water park day instead of adding another gated park ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter