Adding 3 people to booking

zokaluse

Mouseketeer
I booked a stay at Beach Club for myself, DH & DD (14) as a package with tickets. We are then going to AKL and us 3 will still have enough days left on our tickets but our DS (22) is joining us the day we check in to AKL (Savannah view) & will need tickets. I couldn't book on line stipulating only 1 of the 4 needed tickets, so I just booked it in his name so he could get his tickets.

I then called to add the 3 of us to the room, and was told I can't without adding tickets. The CM said just go to desk services when we arrive and they'll add us into the room there and then, giving us our key & we'll be free to use everything as normal.

I'm a bit dubious as to book all 4 of us without tickets is the same price as booking 1 without ticket online, and I'm reading that I'll be charged $35 per night for the 3rd adult....is this correct? Are there any other things I need to also be thinking about with this scenario?

Many thanks

Regardless of when you add individuals, teo adults are included in the nightly room rate. Adding additional adults will incur an additional charge per nigot. $35 per night per adult for a deluxe result. An adult is anyone 18 or over.

Technically, only an adult already on a reservation, and usually only the lead, can request that others be added.

Regardless of when you add individuals, teo adults are included in the nightly room rate. Adding additional adults will incur an additional charge per nigot. $35 per night per adult for a deluxe result. An adult is anyone 18 or over.

Technically, only an adult already on a reservation, and usually only the lead, can request that others be added.
Thank you. So my DS will need to go to the check in desk and add us 3 into the room. We will then be charged $35 per the 2 other adults or just for one other adult? Will we still be able to transfer our luggage via bell services from BC to AKL?

You’d pay $35 per night for the third adult for every night they are on the hotel register, regardless of when they are added. They need to be on the register to be a legal occupant of the room. They can be added at any point before or at their arrival.

And there’s no savings to you in including a ticket with the room. It actually can be a bad thing, since room reservations can be cancelled by the guest up to 5 days before checkin with no penalty and packages require a 30 day notice to avoid a cancellation penalty..

Your son could call the front desk. An extra trip to the desk isn’t needed.

@zokaluse , an alternative would be to book AKL as room-only for all 4 of you (you’ll have the extra charge for 3rd adult in any case) and buy his ticket separately. You said the three of you at BC have tickets to cover the AKL stay.

I agree this is the best way to go. Book room only with all 4 on the reservation & buy his ticket separately. You can buy it Disney, or from an online discount ticket broker & link to MDE. Be aware that if you book a package with room & ticket, you can cancel both, room & ticket up to 30 days before with no penalty. If you book separately, you own the ticket no matter what. But it is an easier, less complicated way to go.

Also, if only your son is on the reservation, you run the risk that he is assigned a king bed room. Which will necessitate the front desk finding another room & may mean a longer wait for your room.

And the reason you can’t add the 3 of you to his reservation is that everyone on a package must have the same tickets. And dining plan, if that ever returns. :rolleyes1

Thank you everyone. I’ll make the change to RO. It means losing $800 in dining credit & gift card for him but seems much more stress free!

$800 is a considerable amount to forfeit.l, especially if the stay is 1-4 nights ;as a proportion of the room rate, assuming that the rate is not inflated at the credit is actually a discount over otherwise bookable rates).

Personally, I’d be more than happy to make a phone call from my hotel room or stop by the desk (if I were in the main building and there was a short/no line) to save that kind of cash, especially if there were 4 people available to consume the benefit. I’d factor in the possibility of a cancellation.

If you continue the path of having the AKL room in your son’s name, you may want to also use online check-in. That way, he doesn’t actually have to be on property, or even in Florida. That could be important with the current trend of airline cancellations interfering with arrival times/dates.

It’s a UK offer that gives a $200 gift card, $602 dining credit & 2 free cirque tickets & memory maker with his hotel & ticket package, If I remove his ticket we lose it.
We get the same deal at the beach club as it’s a hotel & ticket package.
We are at beach club for 8 nights & AKL for 7.
So shall I leave the booking as it is, then add us 3 at the front desk paying $35 per night for the 3rd adult so a total of $245 or is there tax on that?
I have the two bookings linked in MDE & as we all have tickets linked I can book our park passes & at 60 days prior to the BC I can make the first 8 days restaurant bookings then 60 days prior to AKL I can book those 7 days restaurants.
I don’t mind if we have to wait for our room as we’re spending the morning at the BC Pool then heading to AKL for resort time there - if my son does on line check in (it will be me doing it in MDE) will I be able to add us 3 on to the booking or get him to phone AKL (but i suppose even those calls go the customer service so he couldn’t add us until he arrives?) to add us in so we can go over before his flight arrives?

I really don’t think he’ll be able to add you until the day of AT the hotel. If he calls from home or the airport, he will get a call center & not the hotel. So you’ll run into the same “everyone must have the same tickets” issue. If you can sign into his MDE account, you’ll be able to get into the room using the unlock door feature before he gets there. Your magic bands won’t work until he adds you.

But no matter when or how he adds you, or if you do the room only, you will have to pay the extra adult charge for every night.

It’s really up to you if you want to deal with waiting til he arrives or go with a room only. But $800 is a lot to turn down.

If flight times are the same next year & on time etc etc he’ll be at AKL around 5:30pm so we’ll spend the day at BC, pop to Epcot and await his call before heading to AKL.

I don't think it's different for the UK, if you're not getting a ticket he won't be able to add you until he gets there. I'd hang out until he shows up rather than give up the $800 they are offering for British packages

I don't think it's different for the UK, if you're not getting a ticket he won't be able to add you until he gets there. I'd hang out until he shows up rather than give up the $800 they are offering for British packages

Correct. Packages (US/UK/anywhere else) require everyone staying in the room to have the same tickets (it can't even be a 2-day for one person, 3-day for another, etc.)

Oh & im hoping the dining plan is back for our visit too as I’d change bc to include it!

Thank you everyone. I’ll make the change to RO. It means losing $800 in dining credit & gift card for him but seems much more stress free!
Fwiw if you’ve got any other q’s like this going forward always mention you’re on a UK package. We always assume others are booking US offers unless we’re told otherwise and international folks get very different offers from US.

Thank you everyone, you’ve put my mind at rest. X

One more thing, you might want to add a request for 2 queen beds, or 2 queens & a day bed. Again, if they think he is a solo traveler, they might assign him 1 king bed. Which could pose a problem or cause a delay when he goes to add you.

One more thing, you might want to add a request for 2 queen beds, or 2 queens & a day bed. Again, if they think he is a solo traveler, they might assign him 1 king bed. Which could pose a problem or cause a delay when he goes to add you.
Thanks , yes I had that down already to request 2 queens & a day bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!