ACK.. my flowers are dead/dying

Helopoh

<font color=3300FF>Who me jump??<br><font color=FF
ok well i did it i killed my kimono mix, 2 geranium and salvia. FROST....yuk why do garden centers sell flowers they know will die because it isn't time for them to be planted yet? I know $$$..:rolleyes:

Yikes -- you have my sympathy!

I live in an area that gets vicious thunderstorms-- including golfball-and-larger sized hail -- regularly.
Every spring I would go bannas at the flower nursery, only to see all my lovely (not to mention expensive) tuberous begonias and geraniams, etc., get slashed by hail and hammered by high winds, and the occassional tornado.

Now, I know better. I wait till late May --- and cross my fingers alot !!
:D

Poor Helopoh. Nothing is more discouraging! Don't let it get you down. Just remember, no annuals until Mother's Day!

Tulirose is correct in the northeast it best to wait till Mothers Day to plant annuals and sometimes in colder areas thats even iffy.

I've got the opposite problem. I think my Salvia, Hydrangia, and Geraniums are roasting on that porch. The salvia are kinda sickly looking no matter how I water them, and the geraniums are starting to wilt. :( My bluebonnets are either dying now or blooming out, I think reaching the end of their specific bloom period though. The green on them is still looking healthy and they aren't withering, they're just losing their blooms.

My hydrangia is a lost cause :(

The only thing that actually looks like it's still doing really well is my begonia. The double impatiens are so-so. :(

That porch just gets so *hot* in the mornings, that's why I think they're doing so poorly. :(

by mothers day.....but we don't put them out until memorial weekend....we have learned the hard way too.....30's is kinda chilly for my tomatoes and cukes.....buy them and put them on your porch or enclosed garage......then put them outside a few hours a day.....then put them in the ground when the last full moon in May is over with......

Thanks for the info. DH said I would and should buy more flowers for mothers day. We had such beautiful hot days that I lost my head alittle. I did manage to buy alot of hardy frost fighting pansy that are doing very well. I brought my 2 Urns I planted inside for night and back out in the AM they are not heavy at all so that is no problem. My Tomato plants are getting so big I have to transplant them into larger containers. I think I will have tomatos before they get into the ground. DH and I are thinking of keeping them in large containers on my deck. I am not sure yet. They are the cherry kind of tomato good for containers was on the package so I might just do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter