Accessible Minnie Van

tseitel

DIS Veteran
Mods- not sure if I should post here or in the transportation thread

Can someone please explain to me how it works when you request an accessible Minnie Van?
I’ve read that you need to call instead of using the app. But then how do you pay if not through the app? Can you walk me through it?

And I understand they only hold 4 passengers. If we are a party of 6 (one in a scooter) would I call for the accessible, then also request a second through the app?

Thank you for any information.

When I used the accessible van in early 2018, I called the phone number provided by the resort front desk. I was living MK at the end of the night and didn't want to deal with the crowds on the bus. It took the van about 15 minutes to arrive after I called. When I called for the van, they told me a bus stop number to wait at. I was travelling solo, so I can't answer your question about the number of people. As far as paying, the driver scanned my magic band.

We took it in August with one ECV and 5 people and there was plenty of room. I'd think it would fit 6 - it may depend on whether the person in the scooter needs to stay in or can transfer. I sat in the front seat so I suppose had I stayed in the ECV that a 6th person could have sat in that seat. We also paid with the magic band. You could always call the number in advance to ask about payment options and whether they have a van that will seat 6 including the ECV. I've used it twice (to get from one hotel to another hotel) and both times it was a great experience.

And I understand they only hold 4 passengers. If we are a party of 6 (one in a scooter) would I call for the accessible, then also request a second through the app?

The earliest model of the accessible Minnie Van held fewer passengers (maybe 4), and they would send another regular vehicle complimentary if you needed space for 6. They now have larger accessible vehicles that can hold 6 passengers. I believe that intends the guest with the mobility device remains seated on the mobility device, otherwise that person takes up one of the 6 seats.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks everyone! This is great if it can fit 6 (with my mom remaining seated on her scooter). I will definitely check it out when we arrive the end of this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter