Absolute Best Advice For A DL Newbie

Here's another DL 101 inquiry - If I am staying at a resort on property with a 4 day ticket, wouldn't Magic Morning and EMH mean the same thing?

No, but it depends on the person. You can get a whole lot of touring done in those hours if you arrive early and use FPs. Some people are happy with that. I usually am. :)

:wizard:

That is our plan, to get there before opening, tour with a plan for the first couple of hours and use FP as needed. Less stress, no mess.

Here's another DL 101 inquiry - If I am staying at a resort on property with a 4 day ticket, wouldn't Magic Morning and EMH mean the same thing?
Technically, it would be equivalent the first day you entered early to DL. Your 4 day ticket would have an MM as part of it. So when you scan the ticket for an early entry to DL, my guess is it would register as an MM. Since you already have EMH as part of DLR hotel, then it is redundant that one day.

Here is DL 102: Some folks stay for maybe 2 days at a DLR hotel then switch to offsite. While staying at the DLR hotel, they get EMH every day including check-in and check-out days. So for 3 days. Once they switch to offsite there is no longer EMH.

But....

If they are careful to ask the CM to not scan the MM off their entrance ticket while they are staying at a DLR hotel, then they will still have it available as a MM to use when they are offsite. ::yes::

Technically, it would be equivalent the first day you entered early to DL. Your 4 day ticket would have an MM as part of it. So when you scan the ticket for an early entry to DL, my guess is it would register as an MM. Since you already have EMH as part of DLR hotel, then it is redundant that one day.

Here is DL 102: Some folks stay for maybe 2 days at a DLR hotel then switch to offsite. While staying at the DLR hotel, they get EMH every day including check-in and check-out days. So for 3 days. Once they switch to offsite there is no longer EMH.

But....

If they are careful to ask the CM to not scan the MM off their entrance ticket while they are staying at a DLR hotel, then they will still have it available as a MM to use when they are offsite. ::yes::

I guess as long as we can get in early, then they can call it whatever they want. :thumbsup2

I've read that some people prefer to avoid the EMH park but I'm leaning toward going to the EMH park as long as there's a plan for the first couple hours.

I've read that some people prefer to avoid the EMH park but I'm leaning toward going to the EMH park as long as there's a plan for the first couple hours.
At DLR, I have never heard that and if I did, I would disagree with it. At WDW, I definitely avoid EMH parks. At DLR, the numbers are too small and there are too many folks who park hop for EMH to make a difference.

When we arrive at the park for the first time, do you get your picture taken along with your ticket getting scanned, and does this present any type of lengthy delay in getting into the park?

Yes, you get your picture taken with a multi-day ticket......very quick and no real delay.

I'd suggest getting the official app ...it has a map in case you do get turned around, and wait times for rides (as well as closures), etc - and if a restaurant has an open time, you can make a reservation almost last minute using it (although it isn't super intuitive to get to dining reservations, it's doable).
Another good thing about the app is you can see FP return times so you can save yourself a trip to pick up a FP only to find out they're all gone or the return time is when you've got something else booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter