? about temporary banked points policy

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
April, June and now August, September and October 2019 Use Year Points that are set to expire in 2020 and that were used for reservations during the closure period will be extended for one year from the current expiration date.
**from the DVC member site

I have 23 2019 Apr UY points banked into 2020, they were used for a reservation July 10-12 and cancelled. Does the above mean that my 2019 banked points will be available for use until March 31, 2022 instead of March 31, 2021? Will it be questionable because my reservation crossed over into the opening date?

The part that's making me wonder -it says "set to expire in 2020" do they mean the 2020 UY or 2020 calendar year. If I get another year to use them, I'll back off the RAT and wait till the dust settles.

I had also borrowed some points from 2021 and those were returned to 2021 UY.

Last edited:
No, your 2019 points are now considered 2020 UY points, as you had banked them on time,

The 2019 UY that are being extended had not been banked when the resort closed, and are still in the 2019 UY.

Basically, owners are being allowed to just late banking their points to match what you already did.

So, those points extended by DVC and your points will expire as normal, March 31st, 2021.

So I went ahead and booked Jan 30 to Feb 4. When they start bookings for 2021 I'll try for an extension by paying cash as 5 days really isn't enough, but I didn't want to get into borrowing again. Let's hope the Canada/U.S. border opens up before November 30 so I can decide to cancel and just bank the points that I can. Man, I thought booking fast passes was stressful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter