• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aboard the Magic 1/7/06!

NancyDVC

DIS Veteran
Hi all!
Boy is it cold here today. :eek: We stayed at the Radisson at the Port last night. Nice room, right next to the one we were in before our last cruise.
Right now it is a little after 5:30 and we haven't sailed yet. They announced that there are some late arriving flights and we are waiting for those passengers so we are due to set sail at 7:00. :boat:
We arrived at the terminal about 9:30 (shuttle from Budget). They opened the gates about 10:00 and we went right up and checked in!!!
They now board by groups. No more standing in line to board. We were in group 2. Group one is for concierge and those guests needing assistance (wheelchairs etc.) Great process. :cool1:
We got on board smoothly, got Palo ressies easily and ate a wonderful luch at Parrot Cay. Love those shrimp!!! ::yes::
Have to go. We have massages reserved at the spa. Then second seating/third group for dinner. :cool2: :cool:
TTFN I will try to post again!!

Thanks for checking in with a live report Nancy. If you see fellow DIS'ers Ohiominnie (Karen) or Ohiomickey (Mike) tell them hi from the May 27th cruisers!

Have fun, I was wondering why the Magic was still in port.....
Here is another good reason to fly the night before, boy those people are going to be stressed.

Could you please check for me and see if they are pin trading or if they suspended it for cold/flu season?
Thanks
Lisa

:goodvibes We just finished dinner. We have the second seating group 3. That means that we have dinner at 8:30 PM. They have divided the each seating into 3 groups-early 6:00, 6:15 and 6:30; late 8:00, 8:15 and 8:30. Each time is scheduled for one restaurtant. So tonight we ate in Lumiere's. Tomorrow we eat in Animator's Palate again at 8:30. Our dinner time does not change just the restaurant. According to the letter we received both at home and when we boarded this change because of guest feedback.

disneylover5/Lisa- I haven't heard anything about pin trading yet. The pincart is scheduled to be in the Atrium tomorrow I think. Of course I forgot the pins that I might want to trade. :upsidedow
:sick: As for cold and flu season they are distributing antiseptic hand wipes as we boarded and in front of every restaurant as we entered. ::yes:: They are encouraging the use of the wipes as well as handwashing. So far I haven't noticed anyone refusing the wipes.

I missed the actual sailing because I was enjoying a lovely special travelers stress relieveing massage at the spa. :cloud9: ;)

I'll try to post an update again tomorrow and keep this thread going.
good night. :wave2:

I missed the actual sailing because I was enjoying a lovely special travelers stress relieveing massage at the spa. :cloud9: ;)

I can think of no better reason to miss the sailing...congrats!! Enjoy your trip...we will be there in 3 weeks!!

Good Morning! :sunny:
Sunny and in the low 60s this morning. Lovely day at sea. Off to the DVC member Celebration this morning. ;)

It was hard to get up this morning because sunrise was at 7:59.

TTFN

I was so excited to get up and see that it was indeed much warmer than yesterday.. we were quite cool at the sailaway party esp when the wind was blowing. And my girls were jonesing to swim.. but we decided that would have to wait.. did let them go wading in the mickey pool tho..
As others have noted we sailed late.. we missed the actual start of that. Do they usually hold the ship like that if others are running late.? That surprised me I didnt know they would do that???
We just checked the girls into the kids clubs-went very smoothly.
Off to brunch at Palo. We did board in group 3 and I had no problem getting Palo brunch, nor in changing my dinner reservation to Wednesday... easy..
more later

disneylover5....we just got back on our nye cruise and pin trading was still going on! ::yes::

Well, we're just leaving Nassau -- yes, Nassau. After a late start last night, we are now running really late due to a medical emergency. We had to turn around this morning and head 55 miles back to Nassau. Capt. Tom said we'll have to travel at full steam to make it to St. Marteen "more or less on time" Tuesday.

The seas continue to be calm, but it's still a little chilly outside (warmer in the sun). :sunny:

We're in a Cat. 2 and the concierge team is Dania and Arnaldo. Both seem very attentive and helpful. The Cat. 2 is beautiful. The furniture looks brand new. It's great to have the extra space and bathrooms. It's a one time thrill for us (my DH keeps reminding me of this fact). :)

I can't remember both entertainers names on board, but one is Rich Purpura. Both the magician and juggler were wonderful.

Well, I'm off to a wine tasting at Palo! :teeth:

Here we are steaming full speed ahead to St. Maarten. Sunny but breezy. Rolling a bit from the speed. Lots of fun stuff happening all day. TTFN :cool2:

NancyDVC said:
Good Morning! :sunny:
Sunny and in the low 60s this morning. Lovely day at sea. Off to the DVC member Celebration this morning. ;)

Thanks for taking time to post. Do you know if there's a DVC Member Celebration on every sailing?

ElenitaB-Yes there is a DVC Member Celebration on every 7 day and I believe on the 4 day, not sure about the 3 day but probably. It is somewhat like the member updates at WDW, but more relaxed. We got DVC member hats (the red baseball hats that keep showing up on ebay), key chains, SSR pins and lanyards. The idea is for us to wear the lanyards and hats so that potential members can ask questions. But it also helps us identify each other! We had a raffle/questions for prizes too. Met some members who are on the DIS too.

disneylover5-I asked at the pin cart last night and the CM said that yes she can trade pins. So if you wear your pins I'm sure you can find someone to trade with.

Rough ride last night and this morning. Seas 8-13 ft. cloudy and windy. Really rocking overnight and this morning. So far did a bit of laundry, then off to a talk on the MAking of the MAgic, Brunch at Palo's and some relaxation.

TTFN :wave:

Thanks so much for the info on the pins....I just can not wait!!

I hope your seas get calmer.....usually they are not too bad this time of the year. Keep having fun enjoy!!

Lisa

It's a really rough ride today. The girl giving my DH a massage this morning got sick (while in the room). Pretty gross. All of the CM's are saying that it's much rougher than normal. Still, we managed to enjoy our brunch at Palo this morning and relaxed most of the day. Twice Charmed is tonight and I'm excited to see a new show.

I also wanted to make a point to say what wonderful service we've had on this cruise. It has been BY FAR the best we have ever experienced. Due to recent reports that service had declined, I was a little nervous about what to expect. Our room attendant is Austin -- very personable, always says hi in the halls and the cabin is immaculate whenever we return. Our servers in the main dining room are Sylvester and Irwin (hope I'm spelling that right). Wow, I've always heard about great servers, yet have never had anyone that special. Both these men really shine -- just incredible. Also, Florencia and PJ went out of our way to make our Palo experience memorable. I understand why they are both so well regarded on these boards. Top notch professional service in every way. The concierge team of Dania and Arnaldo have proven to be excellent as well. In addition, ALL of the crew goes out of their way to say hello in the halls -- always with a big smile. I can't imagine a better experience.

At the Castaway Club this evening, Capt. Tom hinted regarding the new itineraries for 2007. No real news here on the DIS, but it looks like the Med. or Alaska and dates should be released "in three months."

Well, I'm off to get seats for the show! :sunny:

Isn't Florencia great! We had her at Palo dinner. I think she was concerned that DH wasn't eating alot. We told her that his stomach wasn't doing well (rough seas). On the last morning on the ship we saw her at Topsiders and she asked DH how he was feeling. He told her terrible. She got a concerned look on her face and DH told her he felt terrible because we had to get off the ship. She offered the use of a linen closet to stow away in :goodvibes . Man I wish we had taken her up on the offer. :(

budwmn said:
It's a really rough ride today. The girl giving my DH a massage this morning got sick (while in the room). Pretty gross.

I also wanted to make a point to say what wonderful service we've had on this cruise. It has been BY FAR the best we have ever experienced.

EEWWW :eek: That is not quite as relaxing as I would hope for a massage. Poor DH, and I can't imagine how embarassed the girl must have felt... :blush: :guilty:

Thanks for the trip report. It's good to hear that the servers are treating you well on your cruise. Hope you have smoother seas :boat: , and a great end to your trip!!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter