ABD Japan + DisneySea + Tokyo Disney Questions

dbadvisor

Earning My Ears
For those that have done the Japan trip and added on DisneySea + Tokyo Disney ad-hoc (not an add-on through ABD), how many days would you advise to add-on for parks? Is one day in each enough? Can you stay in one hotel and easily get to both parks, similar to Disney World and Disneyland? Any tips are greatly appreciated!!

At least two night in the hotel. That would give you 3 days for the parks. One day in each is really not enough.

Its really easy to get to either park from the TDL hotels. There is a monorail that services them all.

We added on 4 nights after the China ABD to do the Japan parks. When we did the Japan ABD we added on 4 nights as well. One day in each park is definitely not enough.

All the hotels on site have easy transportation to both parks, either by walking or the monorail. There is one hotel right by the entrance to each park, but the entrances are far away, so you have to take the monorail to the other.

I would do at least 3 days if it's your first trip, 4 if you have the time. You will also almost definitely want more on your own time in Tokyo, so you really can't have enough additional days.

The other thing to mention is that the monorail connects to Tokyo public transit, so you can get from the city to the parks and back pretty easily.

All the hotels on site have easy transportation to both parks, either by walking or the monorail. There is one hotel right by the entrance to each park, but the entrances are far away, so you have to take the monorail to the other.

I would do at least 3 days if it's your first trip, 4 if you have the time. You will also almost definitely want more on your own time in Tokyo, so you really can't have enough additional days.

The other thing to mention is that the monorail connects to Tokyo public transit, so you can get from the city to the parks and back pretty easily.
@dbadvisor I also thought I'd mention, just so you know, that the monorail costs money to ride (but it's not much). (The ABD add-on included passes for the monorail). Currently it's 260/130 yen (adult/child) per ride, or you can purchase Day Passes for a specified number of days, or coupon booklets for 11 rides for the price of 10. You buy the passes at the station. I'm not sure if you can buy them at your resort or what, because they list the methods of accepted payment, and none of them looked familiar. Hopefully someone can answer that.

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdr/resortline.html

Sayhello

@dbadvisor I also thought I'd mention, just so you know, that the monorail costs money to ride (but it's not much). (The ABD add-on included passes for the monorail). Currently it's 260/130 yen (adult/child) per ride, or you can purchase Day Passes for a specified number of days, or coupon booklets for 11 rides for the price of 10. You buy the passes at the station. I'm not sure if you can buy them at your resort or what, because they list the methods of accepted payment, and none of them looked familiar. Hopefully someone can answer that.

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdr/resortline.html

Sayhello

I thought the hotel package also included monorail tickets each day, but that may be old info.

I would recommend at least 3 days dedicated to the parks. If you are familiar with Disney parks you can skip some duplicate rides (Toy Story Midway Mania and Soarin are some examples) to save a bit of time but there are lots of original lines. Seeing shows and eating food are also part of the TDR experience and shouldn't be completely left out. 3 Full days of open to close will allow you to see most things once (and skipping some shows and duplicate rides). Add more if you can. If you don't want to stay at a TDR hotel their version of Good Neighbor hotels includes the Hilton. It it across the street from the monorail station and the tickets are very inexpensive. Great hotel and easy to access the parks. Much much cheaper than any of the official TDR hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter