ABD Backstage Magic 4/17 - 4/22/11

We will start ABD chats again eventually.

These are on Thursday nights and they give everyone a chance to get to know one another.

By the time your Adventure rolls around, you'll be traveling with old friends.

Please pretty please when we set up the chats can you please consider the fact that we are 6 hours ahead of EST.......

Hi, I never posted before, but I just booked the trip and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and I will be traveling with my husband, Shawn. I am going on my first trip to Disneyland in 14 days, but I listen to the podcast faithfully and couldn't stand to miss another get together. I am more excited about the ABD trip than my first trip to the land.

I read all the posts and I am sad that I will not get to meet any of you before the actual trip.

Melissa:cheer2:

Welcome to the trip Melissa & Shawn! It will be an awesome time!
Jason:goodvibes

Hi,

Louise & I are planning on staying one extra day before the tour and one day after.

Before we are looking at:
Renaissance Hollywood Hotel - We are trying to factor in estimated transfer cost from LAX if we book it on our own. About a $60.00 difference in room rates...

After the tour we are considering the following:
Candy Cane Inn - Highly ranked by Trip Advisor #3 out of 107 Anaheim. Around $160.00 including Taxes

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort - Starwood Preferred member - Ranked #9. Like the idea of getting my points. Around $200 including Taxes.

Grand Californian Hotel & Spa - I really doubt that we will stay here however. It is ranked #5. We all know it's not cheap but you are already there.

California does like it's room tax rate:sad1: 15 to 16%

We are seriously starting to look at prices. Just waiting for Southwest schedule to open up. Normally we fly American but I'm getting sick of their bag fees and usually I have to fly to Chicago, Dallas-Ft. Worth or Miami to get anywhere from St. Louis. Actually this time I can fly direct to LAX but why pay the extra baggage fees if the rates are similar. I think we will just save all of our AA miles for first class flights to Hawaii for the Disney DVC & ABD or Disney Cruise... Kevin... just a small little hint here for sometime in the future:thumbsup2

Can't wait,

Mark

I really want to go!! my birthday is on the 24th and would love to spend it in the Land. We have to sell our house (our first house) so we can go. Anyone want to buy a house? All my play money is going to an extra house note.:headache: I have hope!!

I need some friends on the boards. I am new at this. If you are willing to help a louisiana girl figure out the boards, I sure could use it. :rolleyes:

I hope things fall into place and I can score a spot on this ABD trip. My husband would flip his lid to meet Kathy.:yay:

Hi,

Louise & I are planning on staying one extra day before the tour and one day after.

Renaissance Hollywood Hotel - We are trying to factor in estimated transfer cost from LAX if we book it on our own. About a $60.00 difference in room rates...

Candy Cane Inn - Highly ranked by Trip Advisor #3 out of 107 Anaheim. Around $160.00 including Taxes

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort - Starwood Preferred member - Ranked #9. Like the idea of getting my points. Around $200 including Taxes.

Grand Californian Hotel & Spa - I really doubt that we will stay here however. It is ranked #5. We all know it's not cheap but you are already there.

We are seriously starting to look at prices. Just waiting for Southwest schedule to open up. Normally we fly American but I'm getting sick of their bag fees and usually I have to fly to Chicago, Dallas-Ft. Worth or Miami to get anywhere from St. Louis. Actually this time I can fly direct to LAX but why pay the extra baggage fees if the rates are similar. I think we will just save all of our AA miles for first class flights to Hawaii for the Disney DVC & ABD or Disney Cruise... Kevin... just a small little hint here for sometime in the future:thumbsup2

Can't wait,

Mark

I've booked a pre-night at the Renaissance Hollywood, I had an excellent experience with the ABD transfer last April.

I don't know what I'm doing for a post night. The Disneyland Hotel is coming in around $140 cheaper than the Grand Californian. I don't know at this point if losing the transfer back to the airport and the process of changing hotels is worth the hassle.

Jason

I really want to go!! my birthday is on the 24th and would love to spend it in the Land. We have to sell our house (our first house) so we can go. Anyone want to buy a house? All my play money is going to an extra house note.:headache: I have hope!!

I need some friends on the boards. I am new at this. If you are willing to help a louisiana girl figure out the boards, I sure could use it. :rolleyes:

I hope things fall into place and I can score a spot on this ABD trip. My husband would flip his lid to meet Kathy.:yay:

Hi!

My advice would be to keep posting on the boards, the podcast board in particular is a very friendly place!

I'm hoping you get a chance to come on the trip, it's going to be a great time!

Jason:goodvibes

Hi, I never posted before, but I just booked the trip and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and I will be traveling with my husband, Shawn. I am going on my first trip to Disneyland in 14 days, but I listen to the podcast faithfully and couldn't stand to miss another get together. I am more excited about the ABD trip than my first trip to the land.

I read all the posts and I am sad that I will not get to meet any of you before the actual trip.

Melissa:cheer2:

:welcome: Melissa and Shawn! Looking forward to meeting you both! It's going to be a great trip. That's so exciting about your first trip to Disneyland -- you'll have to let us all know how it goes!

Hi,

Can't wait,

Mark

I've booked 2 post nights at the Grand Californian. I know it's pricy but we'll already be there and I have a feeling I won't want to move. I love my DVC and the pictures of this resort remind me of AKV which I love. I also figure it's not likely I'll make it out to California again very soon so I might as well live it up. I love how I keep trying to rationalize this decision :rotfl:

It looks like the Candy Cane Inn is a good choice too. I read some nice reviews of it and probably would have picked it if I had decided to change hotels. Good luck with your decision!

Hope you can join us :goodvibes

I've booked a pre-night at the Renaissance Hollywood, I had an excellent experience with the ABD transfer last April.

I don't know what I'm doing for a post night. The Disneyland Hotel is coming in around $140 cheaper than the Grand Californian. I don't know at this point if losing the transfer back to the airport and the process of changing hotels is worth the hassle.

Jason

Right now I'm planning on just flying in the day of the tour. I am considering adding an extra day at the Renaissance up front though. Glad to hear you had a good experience with the transfers last year. What did you do with the extra time up front (assuming you came in early last year too)? I'm trying to decide if there's anything I really want to see that would make it worth it to me to fly in a day early.

Thanks Robin! Only 10 more days until my first trip to the land. Shawn is not going on this trip, because he doesn't like to fly and we live in Jersey. I am going with my mom for this trip and then I talked Shawn into going on the ABD trip.

I was going to fly in on the day of the tour as well, but then I started worrying, what if there is a delay or weather and then I miss the 1:00 time. So I think I will fly in a day earlier and then just stay at one of the hotels by the airport for the night. Some have a complmentary shuttle to and from the hotel so then I could meet the tour at the airport.

I put a ticker on my signature, but I can't see it after I post only the link. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I put a ticker on my signature, but I can't see it after I post only the link. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Put the link in between
i hope that it works then.
At least then you can see the ticker but you have to check again if it also does the count down.

Put the link in between
i hope that it works then.
At least then you can see the ticker but you have to check again if it also does the count down.

Hi Yvet.

That looks good to me. The one I'm using is the same

Mark

Jason

I was thinking about staying a pre-night just at a hotel near the airport, but just learned that if I book a pre-night through ABD that transfer is included that night. If you don't mind do you know what a night at the Renaissance Hollywood runs through ABD? I will book through dreams of course.:wizard:

I was thinking about staying a pre-night just at a hotel near the airport, but just learned that if I book a pre-night through ABD that transfer is included that night. If you don't mind do you know what a night at the Renaissance Hollywood runs through ABD? I will book through dreams of course.:wizard:

Hi Melissa and Shawn,

We have also booked a pre-night at the Renaissance Hollywood through ABD. Cost was $307.58 (taxes included) and transfers are included.

We also booked a post night stay at the Candy Cane Inn for less than $150.00 taxes included and transfers are NOT included on return trip to LAX. Our tentative plan is after the final breakfast to switch hotels and then depending on everyone plans try and meet up in one of the parks.

Mark

I was just curious if Napa Rose was included in the ABD portion of the trip. I did not see it mentioned so I assuming the answer is No. If not, is it worth it and who would be interested in eating here?

Mark

Hi Melissa and Shawn,

We have also booked a pre-night at the Renaissance Hollywood through ABD. Cost was $307.58 (taxes included) and transfers are included.

We also booked a post night stay at the Candy Cane Inn for less than $150.00 taxes included and transfers are NOT included on return trip to LAX. Our tentative plan is after the final breakfast to switch hotels and then depending on everyone plans try and meet up in one of the parks.

Mark

I figured it would be expensive, I don't know if I can forgo that much more, but it would be nice to already be at the destination. I will have to think about it. I called the Hilton by the airport and it was just over a hundred.

I was just curious if Napa Rose was included in the ABD portion of the trip. I did not see it mentioned so I assuming the answer is No. If not, is it worth it and who would be interested in eating here?

Mark

Napa Rose is not part of the ABD itinerary.

Napa Rose is not part of the ABD itinerary.

Thank Kevin... I was thinking that might be the case.

If the group has any interest maybe we can make a reservation there on one of the nights that dinner is not included. What is you opinion of Napa Rose? Pete seems not to be as fond of it as he once was. Samatha Brown seems to love it... but then again she is going to get the best of the best.

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter