ABD Backstage Magic 2/20 - 2/25/11 *** Close to Selling Out***

Good morning fellow ABD DISers and welcome to February!

Now we can say we're going to Disneyland THIS month!

I thought it would be nice to have a weather forecast to preview our trip. The following is the ten day outlook from weather.com for Anaheim.

Feb 1 Today
Partly cloudy skies. High 67F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Feb 1 Tonight
Clear and windy. Low 44F. Winds NE at 15 to 25 mph. Stronger winds in and below canyons and passes.
Feb 2 Tomorrow
Sunny with gusty winds. High 66F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph. Stronger winds in and below canyons and passes.
Feb 2 Tomorrow night
Clear with gusty winds. Low 38F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph. Stronger winds in and below canyons and passes.
Feb 3 Thursday
Abundant sunshine. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 40s.
Feb 4 Friday
Sunny. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 40s.
Feb 5 Saturday
Mainly sunny. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 40s.
Feb 6 Sunday
Abundant sunshine. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 40s.
Feb 7 Monday
Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
Feb 8 Tuesday
Feb 9 Wednesday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
Feb 10 Thursday

Interestingly enough, weatherunderground.com also lists recent earthquake activity:

Rolling Hills, CA 30 miles 3.1 4:10 PM PST 2011-01-31
Rosarito, Mexico 135 miles 2.8 9:09 AM PST 2011-01-29

Don't worry ... you won't even notice a 3.1 while riding on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day and again sending a get well soon to Carol and Pete's mom Madeline.

I could live without the earthquake activity report. :lmao:

Hope everyone is doing okay with the storm that seems to be covering half the country. They cancelled school today for most of North Texas. We are pretty much iced in at this point. We only have about 4" of snow accumulated on the ground but all the roads and highways are iced over. We hit our high of 33 degrees at 3am. We are now at 19 degrees and tomorrows high is expected to be 22 degrees. We have no plans of going anywhere fast. I think in some of the more populated areas of town they have the sand and deicing trucks out and some roads might be better later in the day. We live 30 miles West of Fort Worth in unincorporated Parker County. So there is no one coming to digging our neighborhood out. We have to wait until it thaws. I drive a Mini Cooper so I'm not going anywhere! ;)

The idea of sunny California sounds good right about now.

Flickering lights here from some freezing rain...hope we don't lose power! Supposed to keep raining through the night as temps go UP but then crash tomorrow refreezing everything. Sister in MI though is supposed to get 10-15 inches snow overnight so all things considered doing well here...:thumbsup2

I could live without the earthquake activity report.

Me too :eek:

Freezing something falling outside of our house (mist-ish?).

Sending positive energy to Carol!

I have to remember to boost up me and the mr's vita C intake prior to the trip. We want to be in the best of health when we arrive so you are comfortable! (You get no complaints about precaution, as I am a germophobe)

Positive thoughts for Pete's mom too! :wizard:

Onto ABD affairs: From what I can see all of Critter Country is boarded up so I really think that Pooh is a no go as is Splash and from what I saw on some TR's a candy shop that was in there too...:sad2:

But on a positive note, I was reading Mousesavers today and discovered a hidden gem. Feb 27-Mar 6 is Orange County Restaurant Week!

Both Tortilla Jo's and Naples will have pre fixe dinner options for $20 and $30 respectively. There's nothing that I like more than a bargain! And the menus are listed and look decent!

Here's a question for the group though...I was reading on the same site that the food at Blue Bayou is sub par (and I thought Kevin said that too), not to mention incredibly overpriced...opinions on this? is this a "we're-Disney-fanatics-enough-to-try-it-just-once" type of meal??? or are we better off just eating the same kind of food at Orleans Cafe and using the money to go shopping? :confused3

I'm intrigued by the Blue Bayou myself but I need to do more research...are there any posts of positive reviews? I will tell you something though...I want a mickey shaped beignet!:yay:

Hi Gang,

Since some of us are going to the Tam O'Shanter's for dinner to "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" or sit in his booth, there is a place near where we'll be staying in Hollywood that might be of interest called the Snow White Cafe. According to lore, Disney animators would hang out there and draw on the walls. There is a Snow White mural above the door drawn by those early animators. Legend has it they drew the mural during a party.

It's located at 6769 Hollyood Blvd, 323-465-4444. I believe it's down the block from the El Capitan next door to the Wax Museum.

Here's a link to their website. http://snowwhitecafe.com/

This might be a fun place to grab a drink or snack if we have time.

Michael

That looks like a great place, Michael. I think we should all go there!

I was watching Live with Regis and Kelly this morning and they had announced that they will be starting a run across the country. The run will begin in Disneyland and yes it starts on February 25th. That is our last day of our trip.

They will be filming at 5:00am at Disneyland. Kelly will be live in Disneyland. More informatin is available on their website.

How crazy do you think it will be that day in Disneyland.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

I wonder if Kelly will be be staying at the Grand Californian the night before? Is she even worth stalking? LOL

Hi Gang,

Since some of us are going to the Tam O'Shanter's for dinner to "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" or sit in his booth, there is a place near where we'll be staying in Hollywood that might be of interest called the Snow White Cafe. According to lore, Disney animators would hang out there and draw on the walls. There is a Snow White mural above the door drawn by those early animators. Legend has it they drew the mural during a party.

It's located at 6769 Hollyood Blvd, 323-465-4444. I believe it's down the block from the El Capitan next door to the Wax Museum.

Here's a link to their website. http://snowwhitecafe.com/

This might be a fun place to grab a drink or snack if we have time.

Michael

I have been here and did a lecture about this at UCLA.
I also have photos it's a very small place but nice to have a snack or drink.

And here is another event that will be happening in Disneyland the Saturday before our trip.

Creator and designer Dana Harvey will be on hand to debut some additional Special Edition Seatbeltbags in the Disney Classic Comic Strip Signature Collection at Disney Vault 28 in the Downtown Disney District on February 19, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Be sure to buckle up and hit the road for this special debut.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Hi Gang,

This sounds need. I saw that they have happy hour from 1-7. Maybe we could grab a drink and a look around before we head to Tam's? Just an idea. Seems like we don't have a lot going on Monday.

Is she even worth stalking? LOL

I'm beginning to worry about you Michael! :rotfl:

We are on day three of no school and tomorrow isn't looking very promising. The majority of the roads around town are still covered in ice. Two power plants had broken pipes yesterday so we had rolling black outs through out the day. We were lucky and only experienced one but portions of Dallas had 4-5 periods of no electricity for 15-45 minutes at a time.

I plan to be in chat this evening. Hope to "see" everyone there.

Hey all!!

Boy, do I feel out of the loop!!!

I really want to apologize for my absence these past several weeks. As some of you may know, we had a BRUTAL December, and we're still so busy trying to help my brother and his kids out as much as possible. Between that and the 60 or so inches of snow we've had so far this winter, I feel like my head is constantly spinning. Needless to say, I've done NOTHING for this trip. So, a big, HUGE thank you to Suzette for always remembering Jimmy & I and sending us updates on facebook, and also to Lindsay for your emails which make me LOL! :lmao:

Carol, I think of you every single day, and I will never forget how you thought of me and my family, even as you were dealing with your own major struggles. I know you're going to come through this thing with flying colors - I just KNOW it!! :flower3:

Anyway, I can't wait to meet all of you in just about two weeks!! It's hard to believe it's nearly here! :dance3::banana::cheer2:

Has anyone heard from Carol or Michael? Was Carol able to start chemotherapy? Wasn't she supposed to have another test yesterday?

Carol? Michael? What's the scoop? How are you doing?

We're getting so close I can actually say I'm getting excited... Woo-Hoo!!!

Kevin,
I had a question for you that never crossed my mind, although I'm not surprised, lol. :confused3

I have a Premier Pass so I will not need my Disneyland tickets. Is there anything I can do as far as credit or use them towards something else? I'm sure they do not have the "no expiration" on them so just wondering what your thoughts are. Hopefully I can do someything with them.

If this was addressed previously sorry for the redundancy.

I have a Premier Pass so I will not need my Disneyland tickets. Is there anything I can do as far as credit or use them towards something else?

John,

Unfortunately, there is nothing Kevin/Disney/Anyone can do with the tickets included in the trip other than use them for our tour. This has been covered previously, and Kevin did try to work with Disney to have the tickets donated directly to charity. This did not pan out, and Disney explained that we would need our tour tickets to do the backstage aspects of the trip.

If there has been any miraculous change to this situation, I'm sure Kevin will let us know

- Lindsay

...I'd be safe and warm...if I was in LA...California dreaming...on such a winter's day...

Whopping 8 degrees this morning in Cincinnati...

I think it's time for another weather and seismic report ...

First the weather for Anaheim according to weather.com

Today
Feb 10 Sunny 73°/42° 0 %
Fri
Feb 11 Sunny 77°/44° 0 %
Sat
Feb 12 Sunny 79°/45° 0 %
Sun
Feb 13 Partly Cloudy 74°/46° 10 %
Mon
Feb 14 Sunny 71°/47° 0 %
Tue
Feb 15 Partly Cloudy 69°/48° 10 %
Wed
Feb 16 Few Showers 65°/44° 30 %
Thu
Feb 17 Partly Cloudy 67°/47° 20 %
Fri
Feb 18 Showers 66°/45° 60 %
Sat
Feb 19 AM Clouds / PM Sun 67°/45° 20 %

And since some of you are too squeamish to see the seismic activity, I'll make it invisible so you can highlight it, if you wish:

Cabazon, CA 73 miles 2.6 4:35 AM PST
2011-02-08

That was according to wunderground.com

:goodvibes

I think it's time for another weather and seismic report ...

First the weather for Anaheim according to weather.com

And since some of you are too squeamish to see the seismic activity, I'll make it invisible so you can highlight it, if you wish:

Cabazon, CA 73 miles 2.6 4:35 AM PST
2011-02-08

That was according to wunderground.com

:goodvibes

Ahhhhhhh, I can't wait to see the 60's again!!

Who am I kidding? At this point, I'd be happy to see the 40's. :cool1:

We're getting so close I can actually say I'm getting excited... Woo-Hoo!!!

Kevin,
I had a question for you that never crossed my mind, although I'm not surprised, lol. :confused3

I have a Premier Pass so I will not need my Disneyland tickets. Is there anything I can do as far as credit or use them towards something else? I'm sure they do not have the "no expiration" on them so just wondering what your thoughts are. Hopefully I can do someything with them.

John,

Unfortunately, there is nothing Kevin/Disney/Anyone can do with the tickets included in the trip other than use them for our tour. This has been covered previously, and Kevin did try to work with Disney to have the tickets donated directly to charity. This did not pan out, and Disney explained that we would need our tour tickets to do the backstage aspects of the trip.

If there has been any miraculous change to this situation, I'm sure Kevin will let us know

- Lindsay

I am sorry to say that Lindsay is correct.

This topic has been the subject of an ongoing heated debate with Disney.

During Disney's "Give a Day, Get a Day" promotion last year we had a similar situation where a couple already owned Disneyland Annual passes. They asked if the west coast had something akin to Give Kids The World and if they could donate their ABD passes to them.

The hard, cold answer to this is no. You can not give them away, donate them, upgrade them, use them at a later time, sell them, extend them......well....you get the idea.

Your ABD 4 day park hopper passes are good for the four days of the Adventure (including the last day) and that is it.

Again...this is a point of great contention and I have been told that there is no room for discussion.

I'm sorry I have to share this information.

It's just a dumb rule.

du-sidebar-show-notes

ORLANDO SHOW

UNIVERSAL SHOW

CONNECTING WITH WALT

DREAMS SHOW

DISNEYLAND SHOW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter