ABC's The View at Disneyland 11/18-11/22

It shouldn't be a big deal, if anything it'll cause the crowds already in the park a little confusion as the get steered away from the taping area, maybe more congestion. The View's audience probably will be mostly APers since they'd have to pay extra to get into DLR otherwise.

I'd try to get tickets if I were going to be there.

It shouldn't be a big deal, if anything it'll cause the crowds already in the park a little confusion as the get steered away from the taping area, maybe more congestion. The View's audience probably will be mostly APers since they'd have to pay extra to get into DLR otherwise. I'd try to get tickets if I were going to be there.

FYI ...
I received an email response to my ticket inquiry. Looks like they are only taping on the 18th, 19th, and 20th.

The area near it will be crowded, but if you plan to go around the filming, you will likely have a mostly empty park during the filming. It will be slightly more crowded after filming, depending on weather, but probably not too bad. It does depend if they give free admission to those going to see the view.

Tickets to see the view will be free and people without admission to the parks will be let in to see the view, but that doesn't mean that they will be let in to the rest of the park afterward. But most likely, Disney will give them admission into the park for free.

We'll be there too! I dont know how comparable it is, but we were there for the press release when Fantasy Faire opened, and it really wasnt so bad. The hub was crowded, and Fantasy Faire was closed off temporarily, but other than that we were unaffected. I would think this would be about the same.

Last Friday evening (11th) I saw Sherri S and her hubby at Soarin'. There was basically NO ONE around them at all. I did see a few Disney personnel at Soarin' which made me glance in that direction. (I was headed to Ariel.) But I did not see any fans or people stopping to even stare at them. People glanced over at them and kept walking to where they were going. Sherri was chatting and walking with her hubby.

I then heard that The View made an annoucement that they would be in the Parks around late November.

I live close by the Parks and am there ALLOT. I see DL and DCA doing allot of filming and they try their best not to disturb Disney fans from getting to where they want to go.

HTH

We talked a little bit about this in the Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday season Superthread this past week, just briefly. (Actually, this thread reminded me that I should put the taping dates for The View on my list of "Dates to Remember" on page 1 of the Superthread.)

To be honest, yes, the taping will likely attract some fans of The View to the parks to see the taping and there will be some subsequent congestion and foot traffic around the general seating areas, as well as in the opposite park (where everyone escapes to avoid the crowds gathered for the show). That may not last all day or all week, however. It's hard to say what will happen.

Otherwise, I don't understand why anyone would "panic." I think that a lot of times, if any unforeseen event or hiccup in a plan pops up, the first inclination is to be worried, nervous, panicked, freaked out, etc. But...unless you have the ability to reschedule your trip and go at another time, then what can you do except prepare for more crowds than you originally anticipated, and roll with it? Don't be scared; be prepared!:goodvibes

As I was telling someone in the Superthread who was also concerned about this taping, the fact that it would have been a less crowded week is likely the reason why they are taping then as opposed to during a busier week.

The View folks and their families will probably be staying at the GCH, so it's a good chance to celebrity-watch in the lobby in the days surrounding the taping.

We talked a little bit about this in the Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday season Superthread this past week, just briefly. (Actually, this thread reminded me that I should put the taping dates for The View on my list of "Dates to Remember" on page 1 of the Superthread.) To be honest, yes, the taping will likely attract some fans of The View to the parks to see the taping and there will be some subsequent congestion and foot traffic around the general seating areas, as well as in the opposite park (where everyone escapes to avoid the crowds gathered for the show). That may not last all day or all week, however. It's hard to say what will happen. Otherwise, I don't understand why anyone would "panic." I think that a lot of times, if any unforeseen event or hiccup in a plan pops up, the first inclination is to be worried, nervous, panicked, freaked out, etc. But...unless you have the ability to reschedule your trip and go at another time, then what can you do except prepare for more crowds than you originally anticipated, and roll with it? Don't be scared; be prepared!:goodvibes As I was telling someone in the Superthread who was also concerned about this taping, the fact that it would have been a less crowded week is likely the reason why they are taping then as opposed to during a busier week. The View folks and their families will probably be staying at the GCH, so it's a good chance to celebrity-watch in the lobby in the days surrounding the taping.

Yes, just trying to be prepared. I am actually excited about the possibility of celebrity sightings. We have a lunch reservation for the 20th at Club 33, a dream come true for me!!!

We will be there this week and I am trying to decide if we should use our mm on Tuesday or Thursday. We will want to start our day in dca on whichever day we dont use our mm. Do you think it will be hard to navigate fl because of the crowds from filming on Tuesday or will everyone assume that they don't want to have to deal with those crowds so dca will be packed?

They have released the schedule for next week! So excited at the possibility of seeing John Lasseter and Tim Allen! :cool1: We have tickets to the Wednesday show!

Scheduled guests for the week of NOVEMBER 18-22 are as follows (subject to change):

MONDAY, NOV. 18 – “’The View’ from The Disneyland Resort” with guest co-host Demi Lovato; Jimmy Kimmel (ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live”); Jenny searches Disneyland to uncover her ‘Disney Side’ during her magical visit to “The Happiest Place On Earth”; special guest Bob Iger, Chairman & CEO, The Walt Disney Company, helps celebrate Mickey Mouse’s birthday.

TUESDAY, NOV. 19 – “’The View’ from The Disneyland Resort” with guest co-host Demi Lovato; Eric Stonestreet (ABC’s “Modern Family”); Sherri is ‘all revved up’ as she and her husband Lamar ‘Sal’ Sally ‘put the pedal to the metal’ and ‘burn rubber’ on Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park; the eliminated couple from ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars,” from turkey legs to Mickey Mouse pancakes, it’s a culinary feast for the eyes as the best foods to eat at Disneyland are revealed.

WEDNESDAY, NOV. 20 – “’The View’ from The Disneyland Resort” with guest co-host Demi Lovato; Tim Allen (ABC’s “Last Man Standing”); Whoopi is taken on an exclusive backstage tour of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park by John Lasseter, Chief Creative Officer at Pixar and Principal Creative Advisor for Walt Disney Imagineering; Demi Lovato performs.

THURSDAY, NOV. 21 – “’The View’ from The Disneyland Resort” with guest co-host Demi Lovato; Patrick Dempsey (ABC’s “Grey’s Anatomy”); NBA champion Kobe Bryant; Darby Stanchfield, Jeff Perry and Columbus Short (ABC’s “Scandal”).

FRIDAY, NOV. 22 – “’The View’ from The Disneyland Resort” with guest co-host Demi Lovato; Kurt Russell, who had a 10 year contract in the 1970s with the Walt Disney Company, takes Barbara Walters on a magical walk in Walt Disney’s footsteps as they take a “step in time” into the past and tour never-before-seen places including his apartment and a private club; music sensation Pitbull; Demi Lovato performs; the hosts bid farewell to the Disneyland Resort during a magical finale celebration

We have Tuesday. I cant wait, making a one day trip from the bay area to go. Wednesday has the best guests...lucky!

According to the emails I received, they are filming up to two shows per day, Monday thru Wednesday. The first show is done before the park even opens, 8:30 - 9:30. The second show films from 10:30 - 11:30.

I'm not sure that John Lasseter will be a guest on Wednesday's show. To me, what it sounds like is that he and Whoopi pre-taped (or will pre-tape) the tour he gives her in Cars Land, just as Jenny and Sherri have pre-taped/are pre-taping segments. Undoubtedly, Barbara and Kurt Russell will do their Walt's apartment/Club 33 tour way before Friday's show begins too.

John Lasseter may still be hanging around, in the audience. As we all know, he often pops up at DLR anyway. Maybe he will be a guest that day in addition to being seen in the Cars Land portion of the show. But I am seeing "pre-taped segment" written all over that "Whoopi is taken on an exclusive backstage tour of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park by John Lasseter..." sentence.

I'm not sure that John Lasseter will be a guest on Wednesday's show. To me, what it sounds like is that he and Whoopi pre-taped (or will pre-tape) the tour he gives her in Cars Land, just as Jenny and Sherri have pre-taped/are pre-taping segments. Undoubtedly, Barbara and Kurt Russell will do their Walt's apartment/Club 33 tour way before Friday's show begins too. John Lasseter may still be hanging around, in the audience. As we all know, he often pops up at DLR anyway. Maybe he will be a guest that day in addition to being seen in the Cars Land portion of the show. But I am seeing "pre-taped segment" written all over that "Whoopi is taken on an exclusive backstage tour of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park by John Lasseter..." sentence.

Sure, I expected the segment to be taped, I am just hoping he is in the audience!

Sure, I expected the segment to be taped, I am just hoping he is in the audience!

oohykitten said above that "Wednesday has the best guests..." so that's why I posted that I am not totally certain that he will be an actual guest.

They could do the Cars Land segment live -- it's totally possible, and they could just show it on a big screen while it's happening, as the other ladies are watching from their chairs onstage. John Lasseter could show up to watch the Tim Allen segment. But when I heard that Jenny and Sherri were pre-taping segments I thought that Whoopi must be doing the same thing.

oohykitten said above that "Wednesday has the best guests..." so that's why I posted that I am not totally certain that he will be an actual guest.

They could do the Cars Land segment live -- it's totally possible, and they could just show it on a big screen while it's happening, as the other ladies are watching from their chairs onstage. John Lasseter could show up to watch the Tim Allen segment. But when I heard that Jenny and Sherri were pre-taping segments I thought that Whoopi must be doing the same thing.

Even with a pre-taped John, Id say Buzz err Tim is cooler then Eric Stonestreet. Even if I love me some Modern Family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter