AAARRGH...I can't decide!!

wwaleye

Mouseketeer
OK so we aren't going til June, but, I can't decide between Flying Fish and Yachtsman's. Seems like Flying Fish gets better reviews, but the Yachtsman's menu looks soooo good.

I started thinking about Flying Fish because of the thread that asked about the best New York Strip on property.

What to do, what to do???? Any help?

Well, I've never eaten at Yachtsman's, but I have eaten at Flying Fish several times and always get the char crusted NY strip. It's always been excellent and cooked to perfection (medium rare for me). In fact, I have reservations for our upcoming trip, and I bet you can guess what I will be ordering. Honestly though, FF has always been a great place to dine regardless of what was ordered; we even had Thanksgiving dinner there one year. I suggest you give it a try. :thumbsup2

The NY strip at Flying Fish is stellar. It's the first meal I have during my last four WDW trips. (I've been staying around the Boardwalk area a lot lately...)

I had heard the the steak at Flying Fish was awesome, but that didn't turn out to be the case when I went. My steak was half fat and grissel. The part that I could eat was good, but that was very little of the steaki. I'd pick Yachtsman because if you are looking for steak they have a much more varied menu

I ate at Flying Fish years ago and loved it.
I ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse last year and will not go back again.
Although it is a lovely setting and the service was great, our (3 adults) food just was not good. It was the meal I was most excited about and we were all disappointed.
I would choose Flying Fish.

Could ShellyBaxter have received a bad cut of beef? Yes. I frequent upscale steakhouses in my travels, and believe me - bad cuts do come out of the kitchen from time to time.

Did you send it back?

Flying Fish wins hands down. If you want good steak, Flying Fish comes first, then Yachtsmen's Steakhouse, then Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary. The strip at Narcoossee's is also terrific. Le Cellier doesn't make it into my top 20 steaks at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter