AAA rate vs. MYW Dining Package?

triplefigs

<marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>
Trying to decide whether to keep the AAA rate or buy the MYW package with tickets and Dining.

Have a reservation at the WL Woods View with a rate of $195 per night (we have TWO rooms). Rack rate is $230 per night. So the total savings is $70 per day over the rack rate.

2 adults/triplets (will be 5) for the MYW Dining is $100 per day. Do you think we will really save $70 per day by using the Dining plan (planning on LOTS of Character Meals with the kids)? Or should I just pay for meals and keep the AAA rate?

Thanks!

If you book your AAA package through a AAA travel agent (not through Disney directly), you can get the AAA rate on your room, and you can also have the dining option. So to answer your question, you can do both. I think that $100 per day for 5 people to eat is a great deal, since one character dinner could run you $100, and you would still get your counter service meals and snacks.

Hope this helps!

Meredith

I did book the AAA rate directly through Disney. I will go to the AAA office tomorrow and have them book me a package and then cancel the other (it's Room only so no penalties).

Do you happen to know the penalties for changes to the AAA package booked through AAA? One reason we did room only was because of all the extra penalties and fees for cancelling/changing.

Thanks again!

If your really worried about it, buy the trip ins. offered through AAA. It's about $46 per adult. I can't remember the kdis price. It isn't much though and for the peace of mind if you aren't sure, I'd pay it. :)

triplefigs said:
I did book the AAA rate directly through Disney. I will go to the AAA office tomorrow and have them book me a package and then cancel the other (it's Room only so no penalties).

Do you happen to know the penalties for changes to the AAA package booked through AAA? One reason we did room only was because of all the extra penalties and fees for cancelling/changing.

Thanks again!

Here's the info on AAA package cancellation and change fees:

For a cancellation made 44 to 6 days prior to arrival, there is a cancellation fee of $100 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For a cancellation made 5 days or less prior to arrival, there is a cancellation fee of $200 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers. No refunds will be given to no-shows.
For a change made 44 days or less prior to arrival or that results in a rate change, there is a change fee of $50 per package plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For changes, the change fees must be paid in addition to any increase in rate resulting from the change.
In addition:
Travel insurance is nonrefundable once deposit has been received. Upon any cancellation, the charge for travel insurance will be added to the other applicable cancellation fees.
If you cancel, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees and other amounts owed, will be promptly refunded.

Hope this helps! We went with a AAA MYW + Dining package and can't wait.

WDWBetsy said:
Here's the info on AAA package cancellation and change fees:

For a cancellation made 44 to 6 days prior to arrival, there is a cancellation fee of $100 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For a cancellation made 5 days or less prior to arrival, there is a cancellation fee of $200 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers. .

Betsy,

Sorry, just trying to get this straight in my head....

does this mean 44-6 days prior you will only lose $100 and 5 days or less all will be refunded but $200???

That is pretty good considering the insurance would be around $100. Which is non-refundable.

Am I missing something here? Why would someone buy insurance?

Yep - that's what you would lose, plus anything Disney might charge (I believe).

Our AAA agent said that we can purchase the insurance up until 45 days prior to check-in, which we're planning on doing. Since we're going in the late fall/winter, I thought it would be good to have in case of travel delays or whatever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter