AAA discount voucher

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
When we went to Universal years ago, we got discounts on food and merchandise just by showing our AAA card. I have heard that this has changed and that you have to purchase tickets through AAA to get a voucher in order to get the discount. Do I have this correct?

There are photos of this "voucher" floating around the internet. It's not 10% off everything anymore (though it doesn't hurt to ask). The voucher gets you a coupon book good only for very specific things (i.e. a free drink at one restaurant, a free appetizer at another).

The "old" AAA discount was sweet! Used that on many trips.
But it has changed, and we haven't used it since. We don't find the value in the current program to justify buying the tickets through AAA.

The "old" AAA discount was sweet! Used that on many trips.
But it has changed, and we haven't used it since. We don't find the value in the current program to justify buying the tickets through AAA.

So would it be better to get an AP that provides discounts? And if so, could I just get one AP and then buy regular tickets for the other two in my party using the AP discount?

Premier ap allows a 15% discount off food and merch in the oarks

Preferred ap allows a 10%

Yes there is a slight discount to buy park tickets with the ap

I think you can do better for purchasing park tickets when uo does special sales

All ap levels include hotel room discounts if you book dates that are included for specific dates

UT sells uo park tickets at a decent rate.

Check the ap levels and their perks on the park website

Play around with the number of days you need park tickets to decide if ap would be worth it for you

AAA also sells Seasonal Annual Passes, if you need more than 4 day ticket and want the discount voucher. That's what we did last year (me and family renewed our Seasonal Passes and bought a new Seasonal Pass for a grandparent). We used the AAA voucher whenever we could. Always ask about Annual Pass and AAA discount if you go this route.

Yes
You need to buy tickets from AAA to get the voucher

There are photos of this "voucher" floating around the internet. It's not 10% off everything anymore (though it doesn't hurt to ask). The voucher gets you a coupon book good only for very specific things (i.e. a free drink at one restaurant, a free appetizer at another).

AAA also sells Seasonal Annual Passes, if you need more than 4 day ticket and want the discount voucher. That's what we did last year (me and family renewed our Seasonal Passes and bought a new Seasonal Pass for a grandparent). We used the AAA voucher whenever we could. Always ask about Annual Pass and AAA discount if you go this route.

I bought my tickets from AAA Online yesterday. They emailed me the "Will Call" confirmation to pick-up our tickets at the Kiosk but I don't see the discount voucher. Should the discount voucher be included in the order information or is it something I pick-up while at Universal?

Thanks,

When we arrive in Ft Lauderdale next month I plan on going to an AAA there to buy a Seasonal Pass. Slight discount on pass going thru them. What kind of voucher do they give?
It was great back when you showed your AAA card and got 10% on everything, food and merchandise. Then they slowly started cutting discounts:sad2:

The voucher that was out many many years ago, did not cover all places at UO

It listed where it was valid but don’t remember the places

I’m sure the info you are looking for will show up well before hhn begins

I have found my preferred ap had better discounts than the AAA vouchers last past years

The voucher that was out many many years ago, did not cover all places at UO

It listed where it was valid but don’t remember the places

I’m sure the info you are looking for will show up well before hhn begins

I have found my preferred ap had better discounts than the AAA vouchers last past years
Hi Mac,
Back when I used AAA discounts I didn’t need or have a voucher. Didn’t use AAA to buy tickets. All I had to do was show my CAA card. So this voucher thing is new to me. Our last visit there was no food discount anymore with card, and merchandise discount was only if I spent above a certain amount.
I’ll look up the price difference between preferred and seasonal and see if it’s worth the extra $ for me. I just have the 2 trips planned.
Edit: well now maybe 3, having an AP is a slippery slope, lol!

Last edited:
I still have a valid AAA membership and could not get any discounts last October in the parks without the voucher
Saw the requirements of having to buy park tickets thru AAA to get the voucher for discounts off food and merch
Since they required the voucher, I just use my preferred ap for 10% discounts in the park/city walk, etc for food

If there have been any updates or changes, please post to advise all here

I still have a valid AAA membership and could not get any discounts last October in the parks without the voucher
Saw the requirements of having to buy park tickets thru AAA to get the voucher for discounts off food and merch
Since they required the voucher, I just use my preferred ap for 10% discounts in the park/city walk, etc for food

If there have been any updates or changes, please post to advise all here
Do you know if preferred pass gets discount for buying quick service dining plan? I’m considering getting that on some days

I bought my tickets from AAA Online yesterday. They emailed me the "Will Call" confirmation to pick-up our tickets at the Kiosk but I don't see the discount voucher. Should the discount voucher be included in the order information or is it something I pick-up while at Universal?

Thanks,

Embarrassing that my memory is fuzzy on an event that happened last year, but I'm almost positive it printed at the kiosk when we picked it up. We stayed on-site and used the kiosk (more accurately an attended desk) in the hotel lobby. I'll try to remember to look at our USO stuff from last year and see if I still have it. If I see it, maybe my memory will remember better lol

When we arrive in Ft Lauderdale next month I plan on going to an AAA there to buy a Seasonal Pass. Slight discount on pass going thru them. What kind of voucher do they give?
It was great back when you showed your AAA card and got 10% on everything, food and merchandise. Then they slowly started cutting discounts:sad2:

Agreed that it was better several years ago when you just showed the AAA card and got the discount. Last year was the first time we had the AAA voucher. Everywhere we ate or bought merchandise, I'd always just ask if I could use our AP or AAA voucher for a discount. The cashier would let me know which to use (if either applied - I think there was a minimum merchandise purchase amount to get the discount [$50 maybe?]).

Do you know if preferred pass gets discount for buying quick service dining plan? I’m considering getting that on some days
Can’t answer about the quick service but can say the preferred ap allows a 10% discount on food and merch

I show my ap everywhere for discounts
If any place does not honor it, they tell me

Can’t answer about the quick service but can say the preferred ap allows a 10% discount on food and merch

I show my ap everywhere for discounts
If any place does not honor it, they tell me
You’ve got me thinking now lol! Always dangerous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter