A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
I'm sorry to have to tell everyone, but Bob Varley passed away this afternoon.

We postponed todays show because Bob wasn't feeling well, he thought he had food poisoning. When his wife Diana came home from work, she found him in their bedroom and he had apparently been dead for a few hours.

That's all we know right now - all of us are heading over to their house to be whatever comfort we can to Diana and Brian. I'll update everyone as we find out more, but I ask that you all please keep Diana, Brian and the rest of Bob's family in your thoughts and prayers.

We've all lost a wonderful friend - a friend whose presence can never be replaced, and whose memory I will hold close to my heart for the rest of my life.

Pete

So sorry to hear this, Pete. Thank you for letting us know. I'll be keeping all his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

my thought and prayers are with Bob's family at home and here on the boards:flower3:

We'll all miss you Bob.:grouphug:

I never met Bob but I feel like a friend has died.

A persons absence on earth means there presence in heaven. :angel:

OMG I dont even know what to say. I have never met him but it still feels like a good friend is gone. My hands are shaking as I type and I feel sick. God bless his family and the podcast team. If there is anything we can do for any of you please feel free to ask us. I will miss BAWB so much. I just cant even believe it is true. (((HUGS))) to the podcast family.

This is a very sorry day indeed. My family's thoughts and prayers are with Diana and the entire Varley family, and with you and the rest of the podcast family as well. God bless Bob Varley.

I never met Bob, but I felt like I knew him well. I'd hoped to to meet him someday. So sorry to hear this...:sad1:

I am so sorry for Bob and his family. And for all of you that were his great friends.

This is such a shock.

My prayers go out to all whose lives were touched by Bob.

How sad.

How awful. :sad1: My thoughts and prayers to his family, podcast family included. You'll be missed, Bob.

My thoughts go to his family in this very sad time. He touched so many of us with his humor and love for all things Disney and DIS. My prayers and thoughts go to his family and to the Podcast crew, I know they have lost someone so special, as have we all.

I too never met Bawb, but I was looking forward to scouting for him on our upcoming trip to tell him how much we have enjoyed getting to know him via the Podcast and these boards. He was such a wonderful person and made me laugh so many times when by all accounts I should have been out for the duration.

We here are terribly saddened by this news and will make sure to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers in the coming days.

I was very saddened to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family and the whole team. I know what Bob meant to all of you and all of us. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Everyone: I am so sorry for Diana, Brian and the whole family. I was so
lucky to have met him in December and he was such a great guy. As with
the rest of the crew I felt like he was part of our family. I am shocked and
quite don't know what else to say. Thank you Bob for being part of our life
and our prayers are with everyone.

John

Dear Pete and gang,

I can't even begin to state how sad I am to hear this news. Bob was a huge part of what made the podcast and this forum a huge success. His personality and character were always so bright and cheerful that I knew he was a wonderful person. I can't convey how sorry I am for your loss of such a dear friend.

Please let Diana, Brian and the entire Varley family know that our thoughts and prayers will be with them through this incredibly difficult time.

I can just imagine that Bob is up in Heaven, riding on KahtKahm, lights ablaze, and a dole whip in each hand.

OMG this is just awful. :sad1: Prayers out to the entire family and everyone at the entire podcast team.

Please pass on my condolences to Diana and the rest of Bob's family. And please know the podcast family also has my deepest condolences on the loss of your dear friend.

Kim

I am heartbroken. Bawb would make me crazy sometimes, but you'd never find a kinder, gentler soul. What a sweet man and what a terrible loss.

I'm comforted knowing that through the DIS he will live on. Whether it's his mangling of certain words or Kaht Kam, he will always be with us.

I just can't believe my friend is gone. Love you Bawb!! May you rest in peace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter