A Very British Trip Report - March 2014

Thank you Kevin (and India) for another very entertaining trip report. I've read them all over the years. You must be very proud of your daughters and their achievements. So nice that India is following in her Dad's (and Mom's) footsteps by writing such good trip reports also.

Please continue to travel and keep us entertained with your writing. Love them.

Loved reading your trip report,as usual a great style of writing.you must be so proud,of your 2 girls.what beautiful young ladies they are!
Reading everything you did,it seemed you were there longer than a week.what a perfect birthday.
Hope you enjoy Australia
Tracy x

Fab trip report, as usual. Glad you all had a great time on what sounded like a very laid back holiday.

Tina

Didn't realise you'd even done a trip report Kev. Very good, as usual. I really wish we'd been able to stay longer and celebrate my Birthday there (we could have a had a joint party ;) ) I am so disappointed about the weather on St Patrick's Day, I am such a wuss when it comes to the rain and we were soaking. Looks like you got pretty lucky with your plans, we probably should have joined you from the start :thumbsup2

So nice that you were able to share some of your holiday with both your girls and Susan and Anne. When is the next one then?

Thanks everyone for the kind replies.

Joh - yes, shame the weather on St Patrick's Day put paid to our meeting up. Next holiday to Florida (or maybe California) will probably be in 2017.
Still, we'll be doing lots in between, so I might manage to put those trips on the website too.

Kev

Next holiday to Florida (or maybe California) will probably be in 2017.
Still, we'll be doing lots in between, so I might manage to put those trips on the website too.

Kev

I will look forward to reading them :thumbsup2

I almost missed yours and India's reports and I'm so glad I didn't - they were as amusing and informative as ever :thumbsup2

Told DH I was going to start drinking cocktails after your making it sound so appealing (I'm virtually teetotal) and use up some of my lifetime alcohol budget that is largely untouched ;) - he had no idea what prompted my earth-shattering decision and was a bit surprised to say the least! The new plan goes into effect next month on our family trip complete with young grandsons of 3 and 4, so I may be happy to be a bit 'zoned out' :drinking1.

Great photos too. Please pass on to India that her efforts were much appreciated :)

I almost missed yours and India's reports and I'm so glad I didn't - they were as amusing and informative as ever :thumbsup2

Told DH I was going to start drinking cocktails after your making it sound so appealing (I'm virtually teetotal) and use up some of my lifetime alcohol budget that is largely untouched ;) - he had no idea what prompted my earth-shattering decision and was a bit surprised to say the least! The new plan goes into effect next month on our family trip complete with young grandsons of 3 and 4, so I may be happy to be a bit 'zoned out' :drinking1.

Great photos too. Please pass on to India that her efforts were much appreciated :)

Oh dear Moira - watch out for those cocktails, it's a slippery slope! :rotfl2:
I will tell India that you liked her section of the report, she'll be chuffed.

Kev

I used to read and post on the Disboards years ago, and hadn't for several years. I remembered there was a gentleman who used to write the funniest, best trip reports but try as I might, I couldn't remember enough in the way of names, etc to find them.

TONIGHT I AM VICTORIOUS! Oh frabjous day, calloo callay! And so very many more trip reports to catch up on.

I hope you know people across the world delight in your trip reports! :grouphug:

Fab report as always. I hope Freya grows up to be as lovely as your girls.

I used to read and post on the Disboards years ago, and hadn't for several years. I remembered there was a gentleman who used to write the funniest, best trip reports but try as I might, I couldn't remember enough in the way of names, etc to find them.

TONIGHT I AM VICTORIOUS! Oh frabjous day, calloo callay! And so very many more trip reports to catch up on.

I hope you know people across the world delight in your trip reports! :grouphug:

I also 'chortled with joy' when I came across the latest one ;)

Thanks very much Travelgrrl - glad you enjoy them.

Fab report as always. I hope Freya grows up to be as lovely as your girls.

Really? You need to aim higher Chilly! Joking aside, I'm very proud of my daughters, they haven't turned out too bad considering they have me as a father.

I'm hoping this doesn't sound stalkerish. :duck:

I read your first couple of trip reports when they were written and adored them, really felt like I 'knew' Tam and your girls. I don't know if they had photos in them back then? It was about the time I was taking my kids to WDW when they were about the same ages. (For some reason DIS didn't recognize me when I came back, though I have the same username etc, I lost all my old post count, so that's why my profile looks new.)

Fast forward to this year, we're going on an all girl family trip in October so I'm back on the boards, sorting out the mysteries of FP+, et al. And then I stumble across a Stringer Trip Report! I was so happy!

Now I've spent the last few days re-reading the trip reports I already read, starting on the 'new' ones, (with a side trip to read the latest report) in between getting the house ready for my ex-husband to come visit and go to an annual Baseball game with my 88 year old mother. (Long story.)

It is so touching to get re-acquainted with your family, to see the girls growing up, and see them as beautiful grown up ladies. (My 2 kids are the same age and my daughter will be with us this fall.)

My regret is that I have been to the UK several times over the years since then, and I did not ferret out the Stringer address and plop myself on your doorstep. Next in line is that we never crossed paths at WDW!

Now if you were only going in October... there would be beers in it for you, and a delicious dessert or two for your better half!

I'm hoping this doesn't sound stalkerish. :duck:

I read your first couple of trip reports when they were written and adored them, really felt like I 'knew' Tam and your girls. I don't know if they had photos in them back then? It was about the time I was taking my kids to WDW when they were about the same ages. (For some reason DIS didn't recognize me when I came back, though I have the same username etc, I lost all my old post count, so that's why my profile looks new.)

Fast forward to this year, we're going on an all girl family trip in October so I'm back on the boards, sorting out the mysteries of FP+, et al. And then I stumble across a Stringer Trip Report! I was so happy!

Now I've spent the last few days re-reading the trip reports I already read, starting on the 'new' ones, (with a side trip to read the latest report) in between getting the house ready for my ex-husband to come visit and go to an annual Baseball game with my 88 year old mother. (Long story.)

It is so touching to get re-acquainted with your family, to see the girls growing up, and see them as beautiful grown up ladies. (My 2 kids are the same age and my daughter will be with us this fall.)

My regret is that I have been to the UK several times over the years since then, and I did not ferret out the Stringer address and plop myself on your doorstep. Next in line is that we never crossed paths at WDW!

Now if you were only going in October... there would be beers in it for you, and a delicious dessert or two for your better half!

Thanks Travelgrrl, that's very sweet. The thing I'm most impressed by is that your 88 year old mother is going to a baseball game! Good for her.
You never know, maybe we'll end up in Illinois one day during our travels through the States.

Kev

God help us, she's onboard for our All Girls Trip in October. She even sewed herself a Dalmation costume to wear for Halloween!

We plan to bring a fold up wheelchair in case she gets tired in the evenings. At the rate she's going, I'll be more likely to use it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter