A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

Sounds like a nice breakfast but stinks that it took so long!

Glad the weather held up so you could enjoy the pool! Gwen looks too cute in her new bathing suit! And great pic of the 4 of you in the pool!

Sounds like a nice time at DS! Nice of that CM to give you an extra cup so the girls would stop arguing! And that frose looks delicious!

I'm horribly behind (page 15 of 21) but I'm slowly but surely catching back up! Just finished reading about your DAK day. Dinner at Boma sounded delicious; I love how there were plenty of offerings for less-adventurous palates.

Back to back rides on EE at night?! Sounds perfect. Glad you were able to get the girls back on after the ride stopped in a less than ideal location.

Whew, two goes on Primevil Whirl in one day. You can handle those sharp turns better than me!

I'll admit, I have never seen the Nemo show at AK before, and it's probably exactly like you suggested. FotLK overshadows it. It's difficult to squeeze in two shows into a park day when you've got young kids; but I really think I need to give Nemo a chance next trip.

Untitled
Gwen was SUPER excitied about her new bathing suit.
So cute!

She said it again, and I realized she was in fact talking to me. Turns out she reads here on the dis and reconized me from my trip reports!
Too funny when this happens. Its always strange but nice when someone you don't know "knows" you

Untitled
She was very happy with her dole whip!
Best part of staying at the Poly

Love these pictures!!! Time definitely goes by way too quick.

So, I had really wanted to go and check out Trader Sam's but the girls weren't super into it. Andy really wanted to go to Disney Springs, so I caved and we decided to go to Disney Springs.
We really did have the same yet opposite days of each other.

Andy ordered us the Southern Burger to split along with an order of fries.
Great choice!!! I had this one on our visit in August and it was so good

I went outside to Trader Sam's outdoor bar and decided to grap a drink instead. I totally choose my drink based on the cup that came with it. I chatted with the bar tenders about which one to get, and the one guy was saying that he had all of them and uses none of them for drinks.
I had no idea that they even had an outdoor bar. Great tip to get something to go instead of having to sit inside

Morgan liked hers as well, and I took a sigh of relief, I was afraid it wasn't going to fit her. She has been growing for fast these days, sometimes I can't keep up!
Both of the suits are super cute but I love Morgan’s!
And I had them split a drink. Well, they couldn't decide what drink to get and were of course arguing about it. I was about to get back in line to get another cup so they didn't have to share. And a very nice CM came over and just handed me another cup. He said, I have a brother and I understand. Ha! It was super nice!
That’s super nice of him! I can’t imagine trying to agree on one drink with my sister!

Whew, okay, I am finally all caught up! I gotta remember not to drop off the DIS for almost two months ever again. :rotfl:

I didn't realize there was a murphy bed in the DVC studios at the Poly. At first that sounded really appealing for families, but then I read that Morgan found the pull out to be super uncomfortable and that idea kind of got dashed. I read someone else's report recently that said the pull outs at the Boardwalk DVC rooms are bad, as well. Guess those rooms are best for folks sharing the queen. :confused3

What a bummer about the rain on your AP event. However, you guys still managed to get in a ton of rides! And how great that the girls had another kid to hang out with that evening. Those make DISmeets a million times better for the kids.

Kona sounded like a brilliant idea for your pool/down day. It's a shame it took so long for the food to be delivered and cut into your swimming time. Breakfast food shouldn't have taken THAT long to prepare...

Loved the comparison shots of your family at the pool. The girls were so little in that first photo!

Tink was prepared to day for a swim day with bathing suits for the girls to wear today.

Cute!

I also ordered the Mimosa Flight.

My favorite!

It was a good meal but the service took way too long! I have heard that this seems to be a reoccuring theme for Kona, which is a shame.

Ugh that's frustrating!

Andy and I wanted to recreate a family photo from our very first trip to disney.

Great idea. The girls look so grown up now!

And a very nice CM came over and just handed me another cup. He said, I have a brother and I understand. Ha! It was super nice!

Awesome of him to save the day!

I totally choose my drink based on the cup that came with it

Yup that's how I always pick at Trader Sam's lol

48191348211_29cecb4b46_z.jpg
Tinkerbell
Adorable!
Liquid Diet
I went with Grapefruit, Liliko'i and pineapple juice.
Looks yummy!
I love a good pot of Kona coffee! I wonder if I can get this to go?
Looks interesting! I am not a huge fan of smoked salmon, I prefer raw, like in sushi, but Steve would really like this.

48191396632_49d1636378_z.jpg
Eggs Bene
I would probably order this but have the hollandaise on the side. I'm not a huge fan of the stuff but everything else looks so yummy.
Both together were the perfect amount of food for the 2 of us. And it was really good. I just wish the whole meal hadn't taken so long to come out. I had the waiter bring out a to-go cup for my extra pressed pot coffee, we paid and headed out. It was a good meal but the service took way too long! I have heard that this seems to be a reoccuring theme for Kona, which is a shame.
Glad they gave you the to-go cup!! Maybe I can ask for a Kona Coffee to go then!
While I was inside ordering, some came up to me and said I reconize you. And I TOTALLY didn't realize she was talking to me! She said it again, and I realized she was in fact talking to me. Turns out she reads here on the dis and reconized me from my trip reports! I was so thrown off by it, I didn't even know what to say! And I feel terrible, as I didn't ask her name or anything. I do remember that she said she had just gotten in. So, If you are who I met that day, please let me know who you are!!! It was so surreal! It was great to meet you!!!!!
Awesome! You're famous!
48191358581_8e7198e1cd_z.jpg
Our First
So cute! I love Gwen's hair!
I am a sucker for just about all of it! Although, the shirt I wanted they didn't have in my size. And I have to say, I really like the new layout of the store. I used to feel so paniced when we would go in there that I would lose the girls. But the more open layout makes it much easier to keep an eye on them!
I love all the snack stuff too! And the layout of the store is so much better!

Yum I tried that burger and it was good! Those fries are so yummy!
Untitled
I ordered a Frose and it was so good! I had asked the lady if they used a mix or not and she said DEF NOT. And it was def better than the frose I had at the pool bar last trip.
Yummy!
I decided on the Uh-Oa!
Uh-Oa!
Myers’s Original Dark Rum, Bacardi Superior Rum, Orange, Passion Fruit, Guava, Pineapple, and Grapefruit Juices, Falernum, Cinnamon, and fresh Lime Juice. Recommended for Two or more Guests. Served in a souvenir Tiki Bow

Mostly because it was kind of a bigger bowl shape, and I wanted to use it for Guacamole. I paid at the bar outside and the bar tender gave me the 2 glasses of the actual drink. And then I had to take the reciept to the inside bar to claim for cup.
I have not had the Uh Oa! but I do like the bowl. The drink sounds like a Mai Tai but it sounds like you didn't like it much!

I also ordered the Mimosa Flight.
Mimosa Flight
Your choice of Three Tropical Juices - Orange, Pineapple, Cranberry, Pink Grapefruit, or Liliko'i

This might be what gets me back to Kona for breakfast!!

From the time stamps on my photos, we got our drinks at 9:45 and then our food didn't come out for a full half hour later, at 10:15!

Yikes!! We only had breakfast here once, a few years ago, and it was the same scenario with service, and it's why we haven't been back. The unique items (tonga toast and macadamia pancakes) were great, but the basics (steak and eggs/basic egg breakfasty things) were just ok.

yellow square that looked like cheese was actually sweet

Was it a thin slice of mango, maybe?

And I have to say, I really like the new layout of the store. I used to feel so paniced when we would go in there that I would lose the girls. But the more open layout makes it much easier to keep an eye on them!

I agree with you. The old layout was chaotic. I understand the complaint about it looking generic, but I like it b/c it's less stressful in there. It was sensory overload before.

Andy ordered us the Southern Burger to split along with an order of fries.

Raeven and I had this, it was so good!!

I love the girls' new swimsuits, they're both so cute! We loved our Poly pool days (although we stuck to the quiet pool), and I found myself missing it last month!!

Happy Sunday Everyone! We had a lazy day and I caught up on some planning for our August Trip. And I am hoping to get our next day started after this.

I think that's a good consolation prize ;) Only too bad the drink wasn't that great.
The drink was fine, just not the type of drink I usually drink.

Aww that was such a great idea - both pictures are awesome :goodvibes
Thanks. It was Andy's idea.

Do you have a picture?
I do!!

Untitled
This is all 3 that we have at this point. The one in the middle is the Uh-Ah. And it is perfect for Guac!

Oh the sacrifices you have to make.
I know, it is hard!

It's not a trip to DW without going to DS according to my DH.
We didn't even go to DS till our 3rd visit to the world believe it or not.

Sounds like she liked the Poly move.
Gwen was teh one when we ate at Boma the year before that she really wanted to go here. I think she was so little on our first visit she has no memory of it. So, she was super excitied about it.

LOVE your pics with @kastoney and @chunkymonkey Looks like you all had a great time together, even with the rain!
It was a great night! It was EPIC trip with training wheels. Ha.

Glad the weather held up so you could enjoy the pool! Gwen looks too cute in her new bathing suit! And great pic of the 4 of you in the pool!
I was really glad the weather held out for us. And realistically the timing of breakfast was probably fine, as it was sunny by the time we got there.

It's difficult to squeeze in two shows into a park day when you've got young kids; but I really think I need to give Nemo a chance next trip.
You def have to pick one per day. I feel that way about the trails as well.

Thanks. They were so tiny!

I had no idea that they even had an outdoor bar. Great tip to get something to go instead of having to sit inside
Yup. It's just a bar on the back side, so technically the Poly has 2 outdoor bars. Although I feel like that one doesn't open till later in the day.

That’s super nice of him! I can’t imagine trying to agree on one drink with my sister!
it was! I should have known better but sometimes they agree.

Wait did you have to pay extra for the cups??? Or were they included in the price? Because I may have gotten JIPPED in October! lol
I SHOULD have paid extra for the second cup but he was nice enough to just give it to me.

Whew, okay, I am finally all caught up! I gotta remember not to drop off the DIS for almost two months ever again.
It is easy to get behind! I got behind and all I did was try and survive school ending!

I didn't realize there was a murphy bed in the DVC studios at the Poly. At first that sounded really appealing for families, but then I read that Morgan found the pull out to be super uncomfortable and that idea kind of got dashed
I was surprised that she complained about it. And really that is NOT a good sign for me.

Kona sounded like a brilliant idea for your pool/down day. It's a shame it took so long for the food to be delivered and cut into your swimming time. Breakfast food shouldn't have taken THAT long to prepare...
Right!?! I mean it's eggs! They didn't even technically cook the smoked salmon dish!

Loved the comparison shots of your family at the pool. The girls were so little in that first photo!
Thanks.

Yup that's how I always pick at Trader Sam's lol
Doesn't everyone?

Awesome of him to save the day!
It really was. And sometimes that small kind of magic goes a long way!

I have not had the Uh Oa! but I do like the bowl. The drink sounds like a Mai Tai but it sounds like you didn't like it much!
it just wasn't the kind of drink that I like. I am sure it is good for some.

So cute! I love Gwen's hair!
It was short for a very LONG time. It took forever to grow!

Glad they gave you the to-go cup!! Maybe I can ask for a Kona Coffee to go then!
Hmmm, wonder if the Kona Island has it on there menu... Oh they do!!!!

This might be what gets me back to Kona for breakfast!!
I think I would just suggest going when you aren't rushing somewhere else. It was great otherwise.

Was it a thin slice of mango, maybe?
Def not mango. It really tasted like egg with sugar in it. Or cheese with sugar. I have tried googling some things to see if I could figure it out, with no luck!

All caught up... and now I'm looking at rooms for one night in October pre-cruise. LOL
Ha! Trip reports are great for that!

Day Seven: More Swimming

So, originally I had today as a second visit to Animal Kingdom but since we were so successful on our first day, we decided to go to Magic Kingdom today instead and take advantage of the monorail one last time. But because we made this change, my cheat sheet for the day is completly wrong.

I think we made this decision the night we came home from Animal Kingdom or the next day. And switch fast passes then. I was able to get us, Big Thunder Mountain, Barnstormer, & Space Mountain Fast Passes.

We woke up whenever and I started packing us up.

Tinkerbell Gifts
Tink left gifts that were ironically more Magic Kingdom than Animal Kingdom.

Checking out Tinks gifts
Gwen liked the dress but decided not to wear it, as it was going to be hot again today.

We had leftovers from DS from the night before. And since we were in a DVC room, we had a microwave! So, Morgan had warm pizza for breakfast. She is very much against cold pizza. But it was nice, they had paper plates and silverware for us to use.

It took me longer than I wanted to get us repacked up this time around. I think we were more careless in what we took out this time around and had more to pack up. While I was packing us up, I got our room text for our last room! Some suggested putting in 7AM as our arrival time, maybe it was @Cloe Colton? But it was nice to know we could have technically just move over to the new room right then! But eventually we got everything packed up, put our bathing suits on and headed out of the room.

It was about 11:00 when we left, I was hoping for 10, but it was what it was. We again, decided to drag our bags down ourselves. This time IT DID NOT go well. Morgan was tired at this point in teh trip and wasn't too excitied about dragging a suitcase across the resort. Andy was crabby and argueing with Morgan. And Morgan argued back. it was delightful.

We did make it to the front and unloaded our bags again with bell services. When we were giving the bags over, I asked if we would be able to add one more bag to the grouping. Bell Services said that they typically transfer the bags by 1:00. So, we should make sure we bring it over by then.

We thanked him and headed to the pool!

Volcano Pool
Much better!

The girls wasted no time jumping in.
M&G Waterfall

M&G

The girls took a couple rides down the slides:
Gwen Water Slide

Morgan Water Slide

Gwen Slide
They had a nice little time swimming.

Last Swim

We all swam a little. Andy and I wanted to try out the hot tub there as well. The hot tub here is amazing!!! it is like a little infinity pool and felt private even though it was right next to the main pool. Only problem it was full of KIDS! The whole pool today was VERY busy. I was glad we had the pool day yesterday as well.

Around 12:15, we dragged the girls out of the pool and went to change. And the changing area with the bathrooms here, was REALLY nice! There were 2 showers and they had the wall shampoo and conditioners, so I made the girls taek full showers! it was literally the best use of those wall shampoo.

I am not sure if all of the pool bathrooms are that nice but I was pleased with this one. There was a mom and 2 kids that had clearly just arrived and were changing to swim while they waited for their room. Which I just thought was funny, in with one family and out with another.

We met back up with Andy and I went to drop off the bag with our wet stuff in it at bell hop. And Andy went to order us lunch!

We decided to eat at Capt'n Cooks as I wanted to get the nachos from here!

Hawaiin Minnie
I found this lady on my way back to the fam.

Waiting for Lunch
We found a table by the waterfall. I believe there was some arguing between Morgan and Gwen whether to eat inside or outside. But I made an executive decision and we ate outside to enjoy the last of the Poly atmosphere.

Pulled Pork Sandwich
Andy ordered the Pulled Pork Sandwich.
Aloha Pork Sandwich
Pulled Pork on a Brioche Bun with Cheddar, Asian Slaw, Cucumbers and Tomatoes

He said this was really good! He liked it, and I think tried to get Morgan to try some but I can't remember if she actually tried it or not.

Turkey Sandwich
Morgan went with the Turkey Sandwich. Which I only see on the kids menu but I feel like she got the adult version? I don't know.
Turkey Sandwich
with Apple Slices and Carrots served with choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small DASANI® Water or Minute Maid® Juice Box

It was carved turkey not deli turkey, so she was very happy with it regardless.

Macaroni and Cheese
Gwen went with the Mac n Cheese with French Fries, casue those two items go together...
which she took FOREVER to eat! I believe we were all done and had to wait for her to eat enough food for us to leave.

Pulled Pork Nachos
And I had the nachos!!! YUM!!!
Pulled Pork Nachos
topped with Onions, Cheese, Spicy Mayo, Tomatoes and Pineapple Salsa

This was so good! The pulled pork on it was really good and the pineapple salsa worked really well with it. My only complaint, I had a little too much cheese sauce but I am sure that varies greatly as they plate them. it hit the spot for sure!

As we were eating, I started texting with @kastoney to see if we could meet up again.

Andy headed to the bathroom when he was done but Gwen was still munching away. A bird that had been milling around swooped in on the open seat and grabbed like 3 of Andy's fries that he had left! With us sitting at the table still! It was crazy! So, when Andy came back we told him what happened and he promptly threw out the remaining fries. (he didn't need them)

Morgan wanted another dole whip, so I took her over to get one, while (again) we watied for Gwen to finish eating. but the Pineapple Lanai didn't open till 1:00. And it was still not 1 yet. I told her we could get her one in Magic Kingdom. She agreed as she wanted another Hei Hei cone.

So, we finished lunch and headed to the monorail to finally get to Magic Kingdom.

There was a train puling in as we were walking up. And the security guard who was checking our stuff, was super nice and super chatty. And all I was thinking, I want to get on that train!!!! Thankfully we made it on and were on our way!

Up next Magic Kingdom!

So, originally I had today as a second visit to Animal Kingdom but since we were so successful on our first day, we decided to go to Magic Kingdom today instead and take advantage of the monorail one last time.

If I was staying at the Poly I would take full advantage of the monorail.

Tinkerbell Gifts
Tink left gifts that were ironically more Magic Kingdom than Animal Kingdom.

Very cute!

We thanked him and headed to the pool!

What kid doesn't like to spend more time at the pool.

We found a table by the waterfall. I believe there was some arguing between Morgan and Gwen whether to eat inside or outside. But I made an executive decision and we ate outside to enjoy the last of the Poly atmosphere.

Outside table does sound better, good call.

Pulled Pork Nachos
And I had the nachos!!! YUM!!!
Pulled Pork Nachos
topped with Onions, Cheese, Spicy Mayo, Tomatoes and Pineapple Salsa

This was so good! The pulled pork on it was really good and the pineapple salsa worked really well with it. My only complaint, I had a little too much cheese sauce but I am sure that varies greatly as they plate them. it hit the spot for sure!

This does look really good.

I know your time at the Poly was short, but it seemed like you guys really made the most of your time there. Hit up most of the eateries, took full advantage of the pool, and utilized the transportation access. Not going to lie, seeing your photo of the Aloha Pork Slider and the pool made me really miss the resort!

Yeah I think that was me! haha glad it worked out for you guys!! Its always nice when you know your room is waiting for you instead of trying to kill time.

Seems like a great day at the pool! And a nice lunch! Its always crazy to me how forward the animals in Disney are but I guess they are just used to us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter