• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Trip Full Of First's,Suprise's,Tears+Memories To Last A Lifetime.DAY 1.

Snowy-girls

Did you speak to a 'human being'
Ok,i think it's about time i cracked on with my trippie-don't you?.Please bear with me,this is my first ever trip report.I honestly don't know what people like to read,how much they like to read,how many photo's they like to see(1,800 taken,with 484 photopass pics :scared1: :laughing:)-but i will try my best to please you all :thumbsup2.Please don't expect a huge amount of talent,i am no authoress :laughing:.I hope i don't bore you all+i really hope you enjoy it :goodvibes.
If you need a little reminder you can find my pre-trippie here Some Day Our Trip Will Come-A Pre Trippie
Right a little reminder of who we all are...
Cast
Me-Michelle 34yrs.Planner,Loves Disney,Tink,Seuss Landing+kid's rides.Hates Height's,Backwards Stuff,Spinning+Getting Wet,

Dh-Tony 30yrs.Likes Disney,Loves IOA,All rides-the faster the better.

Dd7-Chloe 7yrs(will be 8 over there).Loves Tink,HSM,Cinderella.Hates Spinning rides.

Dd4-Emily 4yrs.Loves Tink,HSM,Stitch,Cinderenda+Shamoose.Hates Loud noises,fireworks.
......................................xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..................................
DAY 1-APRIL 1st.
.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Me+Tony woke at 4-30am,got up,washed,dressed+fed the cat's whilst the girls slept soundly.How they slept thru the night i will never know,i barely managed 3.5hrs-as i was sooooo excited :laughing:.I checked+re checked+to be on the safe side checked my hand luggage again to make sure all documents etc..were in there:thumbsup2.We got the girls up at 5-30am and they were so excited :banana:.Once the girls were washed+dressed+packed their little bags,we just had time to say goodbye to our cats,this is where the first lot of tears started-from me.My Mum arrived at 6am,car was already packed as she picked up our cases the night before.The journey to Gatwick was filled with huge amounts of excitement,we arrived aprox 7.30am.Once inside i went straight to the help desk to try+sort out our seats-as when i done OLCI the day before our seats had been moved to 4 across the middle :eek:.I spoke to a lovely lady from Virgin who helped me,i ended up with an extra legroom Aisle Seat 22c @ £30,and Tony+the girls sat behind me in 23 ABC(with a window seat).Reason was they had changed the aircraft+everyone's seats had been allocated for them.We then checked in,said bye to my Mum+yes i cried again :sad2:+made our way towards the Fast Track Security(which we were entitled to use as we had booked the VRoom).It started off great,no queues+straight to the front :thumbsup2.Tony went one way+me+the girls the other.I explained that Emily had a metal clasp on her belt,when asked+was told 'no problem'.Chloe went thu :thumbsup2,Emily went thru :eek:,the buzzers went off.I explained again to another guy it must be her buckle,he would'nt just let me take it off of her+let her try again :headache:.He called over a female guard who told me Emily(who is only 4)will need to be searched:sad2:.Now this was Emily's first exciting experience of ALL there is to this holiday,yet it was now Emily's turn to cry+she looked scared as she was being 'frisked' with arms out+legs spread.Also i had to be present but was'nt allowed to touch her to comfort her :sad1:.She went thru again :thumbsup2,then me :thumbsup2.
We made our way straight to the VRoom.I had-bacon bap+a sausage bap,orange juice,a muffin+danish pastry.Tony-bacon+tomato bap+a sausage+mushroom bap,coffee,muffin+cookie.Chloe-sausage bap,orange juice,muffin,cookie+banana.Emily-bacon bap,orange juice,muffin,cookie+banana.Emily went off in the soft play area,Chloe on the internet,Tony on the fuseball,whilst i watched the planes take off+filled in the green waiver forms.Pics from the VRoom....
PICT1616.jpg

PICT1619.jpg

PICT1617.jpg

We left at 10-30am+made our way to departures,we waited till the last minute to board+was finally on our way at 11-30am,only 15mins late.Now this unfortunatley was the worst flight for turbulance i have been on :scared1:,we hardly was allowed to take our belts off.I ended up with a headache+felt sick for most of the way.Chloe was sick as we started to land.
Food was luke warm+ok.Tony-BBQ chicken,roll,salad,gu pot,cheese+biscuits,bottle of water.Me-Beef stroganoff.Girls had chicken fingers,wedges,beans,dairylea dunkers,haribo bag,yoghurt,fruit shoot.I watched Slumdog Millionaire+Simpsons+done some crosswords,Tony-flicking channels+Ds,Chloe-Bedtime Stories,Simpsons+Wallace+Gromit+played the Ds,Emily-Bolt,Yo Gabba Gabba,Wallace+Gromit+played the Ds.No sleep for me or Tony,but the girls got about an hour each.
PICT1623.jpg

We landed(thank goodness-it felt like we were up there forever)at 3-15pm,10mins early+to i believe a lovely+hot 77 deg.Chloe apart from being sick,loved the flight+so did Emily-she was so well behaved being as though this was her first time on a plane+was'nt able to walk around much.Everything went smoothly,and a Mears shuttle took us to our hotel The Hilton Embassy Suites I Drive South+we arrived at 5-10pm.
This hotel was gorgeous :love:,the suite was lovely+spacious :thumbsup2.

Pics of our room at The Hilton Embassy Suites......
PICT1628.jpg

PICT1629.jpg

PICT1630.jpg

PICT1631.jpg

PICT1633.jpg

PICT1636.jpg

Looking over+down into the Atrium,where you eat breakfast+have a drink..
PICT1627.jpg

Now the plan was to go to Walmart,but Emily was really flagging+becoming irritable so we unpacked just a little amount,enough to freshen up+get changed to go across the road for Dinner in Denny's :cool1:.Walmart will have to wait :sad1: :laughing:.
Tony--Western Burger+Seasoned Fries,Chocolate Milkshake
Me--Bacon Cheddar Cheese Burger+Reg Fries,Strawberry Milkshake.
Emily--Cheeseburger+Reg Fries,Lemonade
Chloe--Same as above.
Food as we have always found with Denny's was lovely,we also found out that Emily was in no way going to get thru a meal by herself this holiday,so ended up sharing with Chloe 99% of the time-which saved us alot of $$+alot of wasted food :thumbsup2.
We used a 20% off coupon,and the bill came to $36 inc tip.
Popped to Kings Supermarket to get a bottle of water,8 pack of Mountain Dew :cool1:+a bottle of Dr Pepper Cherry to see us over until tomorrow,when we go to Walmart-total $5.90.
Back to our room,where Tony bathed the girls,whilst i unpacked-We were all really shattered by now+just wanted our beds.The girls crawled into bed at 9pm,Me+Tony showered-no not together :laughing: and fell into bed at 11pm,very tired,very excited+soooo looking forward to what awaits us :goodvibes.
Night-Night
PICT1634.jpg

Well if you have got this far without nodding off,thank you :hug:,don't be shy+leave me a reply :thumbsup2.

Coming up on Day 2-Walmart here i comeeeeeeeeeeee :cool1: :rotfl2: and Suprise number 1.Stay Tuned.x.

Please click here to a link for the rest of my days http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1105616&page=5 post 67

Oh great start, but shame the flight made you and Chloe ill :(

The suite looks nice :thumbsup2

Loving the pcitures as well :cool1:

Claire ;)

:goodvibes great start hun :) looking forward to more!! The room looks lovely :thumbsup2

Yay the start of a new trippie! :banana: Great day apart from being ill on the flight :thumbsup2

Hi Michelle,

dont worry, i made it all the way to the end and you're doing great:goodvibes sounds like an awful flight, when its 10 mins turbulence you sort of get over it but like that no wonder you all felt ill, yuck:headache: Glad you liked the hotel. the piccie of the girls asleep is sooo cute bless them.

looking forward to seeing what the suprise is. xx

Really enjoyed your first days report and looking at your pics. Your girls look SO cute!!

Great start Michelle :thumbsup2
shame about the turbulance, your hotel suite looks lovely:goodvibes

Yay, you've started! :yay: Great start Michelle.

The suite looks great. We're staying at the Hilton Suites in Chicago next month so hopefully we will get something similar - although it probably won't be as big.

Love the picture of Sleeping Beauties at the end. :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing about the surprises, and hopefully all the tears are happy ones from now on. :thumbsup2

I'm sorry to hear you both felt so sick, turbulance is yucky. Your room lookslovely and your pics are great, I'm looking forward to reading more.

Great start :goodvibes Shame about the turbulence, one of our flights home last year was pretty bad... First time i've ever felt scared on a plane! Poor Emily :hug: I always seem to get taken aside to be searched, must look dodgy :laughing: Hotel room looks lovely and spacious and I like the girls' princess T-shirts :cutie:

Great start - sorry about the flight :sick: I hate tubulance too! I love the look of your hotel :goodvibes

:yay: Yeah a new TR to read.

Not the best start to your holiday but i'm sure it gets much better.

Looking forward to day 2.

Yayy a new trip report, great start :thumbsup2

Lovely photos and the hotel suite looks nice.

Looking forward to day 2 :goodvibes

Great start Michelle. Looking forward to more. :thumbsup2

A big thank you to everyone,your comments are much appreciated :hug:.
I am hoping to get Day 2 up by this weekend.x.

Poor Emily :hug: I always seem to get taken aside to be searched, must look dodgy :laughing:

I was just so shocked :eek:,i know it has to be done but one of the things that really annoyed me was we was asked if we had any belt buckles,keys etc..+when i said about Emily's small clasp,he waved us thru+said it would be alright-i just think it was a situation that could easily have been avoided.x.

Yay, you've started! :yay: Great start Michelle.

The suite looks great. We're staying at the Hilton Suites in Chicago next month so hopefully we will get something similar - although it probably won't be as big.

and hopefully all the tears are happy ones from now on. :thumbsup2

The room was so lovely,we treated ourselves to this hotel as we had'nt been to WDW for 5yrs,so it was a one off-BUT we really want to stay there again now,we have been spoilt.We had a corner room-which i requested as they are slightly bigger :thumbsup2.
I hope yours is just as nice.

As for the tears,afraid not all of them are happy ones-but most are :thumbsup2.x.

What a great start Michelle - sorry the flight was a bit rubbish:confused3

Love the picture of the girls asleep :cloud9:

Looking forward to the next installment so hurry up please ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter