A Solo Trip 28 Years in the Making-Oct 16-17th, 2012

I think your schedule looks doable and your expectations pretty realistic. Hopefully it all works out the way you are planning it to!

I think your schedule looks doable and your expectations pretty realistic. Hopefully it all works out the way you are planning it to!

Thank you - I'm hoping so too ;) Planning the first evening was easier compared to the next full day which I'm posting tonight.

Wednesday, October 17th

Continuing on to my second and last day in the Parks. Here's the first half of the day. I'm expecting a lot of fast brisk walks between attractions.

7:00am Breakfast – Mimi’s Café (1400 Harbor Blvd)
8:00-8:30am: Arrive at DL Gates. Plan is to just hangout, take some pictures, revel in the anticipation and excitement of DL, and get in line. Is there anything else I should be keeping an ear or an eye out for while I’m waiting?
9:00am: Enter DL Park
9:05am: FP run to Star Tours (Anticipated RT 9:45-10:45am)
Space Mountain (Stand by line)
9:25am: Finding Nemo Submarine (Stand by)
9:45am: FP run for Autopia (RT 10:30-11:30am)
Star Tours (FP)
10:10am: Matterhorn (Stand by)
10:40am: Autopia (FP)
11:10am: FP run for BTMRR (RT 11:40a – 12:40p)
11:20am: PoTC
11:45am: FP run for Star Tours (RT 3:15-4:15p)
11:55am: BMTRR (FP)
12:20pm: Haunted Mansion (Stand by)
12:45pm: Lunch – Corndog at Little Red Wagon/ Refreshment Corner Piano: Would like to try to catch one of those Mad Hatter musical chairs I've heard about.

Next Up: Second half of Day 2

That sounds like so much fun! Busy, but very fun! I would do things the same way as you - run, run, run - like the white rabbit!!!!

That sounds like so much fun! Busy, but very fun! I would do things the same way as you - run, run, run - like the white rabbit!!!!

I'm getting pretty darn excited! I'm planning on slowing things down just a bit in the afternoon - got 1 hour planned just to look around Main Street, and another hour to tour New Orleans Square/Rivers of America.

I must be truly crazy for Disney - just called the DL dining line to confirm my ressie time for Napa Rose, and was on hold for about 5 minutes. The crazy part? I actually loved being on hold and listening to the Disney songs and music!! :lmao: That never happens with any other on-hold phone calls!

I must be truly crazy for Disney - just called the DL dining line to confirm my ressie time for Napa Rose, and was on hold for about 5 minutes. The crazy part? I actually loved being on hold and listening to the Disney songs and music!! :lmao: That never happens with any other on-hold phone calls!

Being on hold with Disney is a lot nicer of an experience than any other business, that's for sure! Did you get the reservation you wanted?

Being on hold with Disney is a lot nicer of an experience than any other business, that's for sure! Did you get the reservation you wanted?

I did! :thumbsup2

I had made the reservation last month, but I forgot to write down the time so had to call back again. And this time I wrote it down. ;) Napa Rose for one person at 8:30pm on Wednesday, October 17th. Will be studying the menu for the next 4 weeks - very excited!

My dining reservations for the entire DLR-San Diego trip are now finalized after being able to make a reservation for Nobu in SD when the window opened up today!

Last week, I emailed some of my friends who will be at the conference asking whether they would like to join me for dinner for any of the nights I made reservations for and sent them the schedule. They thought it was pretty funny that I was making dinner plans a month in advance! And I'm thinking one month is nothing - I'm used to making reservations 6 months in advance! :rotfl:

So here are my dinner plans for the entire trip

Tuesday, Oct 16th (Anaheim): Roy's in Gardenwalk
Wednesday, Oct 17th (Anaheim): Napa Rose
Thursday, Oct 18th (San Diego): Nobu
Friday, Oct 19th (San Diego): Jsix
Saturday, Oct 20th (La Jolla): George's Ocean Terrace

Wednesday, October 17th Part II

Continuing with the second half my day at Disneyland. If there are travel delays on my arrival day and I don't get a chance to tour DCA, then I will plan on touring DCA on this day starting at 3pm.

1:20pm: FP run to Roger Rabbit Spin (RT 2:10pm-3:10pm)
1:25pm: It’s a Small World
1:45pm: Mr Toad’s Wilde Ride
2:05pm: Toontown Tour and Roger Rabbit Spin (FP)
2:45pm: Alice in Wonderland
3:10pm: Main Street Tour
4:10pm: Star Tours (FP)
4:40pm: Tour of Tom Sawyer’s Island/ Rivers of America/ New Orleans Square
5:40pm: FP run BMTRR (RT 6:40-7:40pm)
5:45pm: Jungle Cruise
6:15pm: Snow White’s Adventure
6:40pm: Pinocchio’s Journey
7:05pm: BMTRR (FP)
7:30pm: Haunted Mansion

Exit Park 8-8:15pm
Dinner at Napa Rose
Try a drink at Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar

Returning to San Diego next morning on a 6:50am train.

They have "Mr Toads Wild Ride" in DL!! That was one of my favorites in DW - and I have to admit, I would love to see the Nemo submarine one too there.....are you seeing that???

Love Mr Toad! I was so excited when I spotted him in the Pooh ride. I said to hubby "Look...there's Mr Toad!" He of course had no idea who Mr Toad was, but I was pretty proud of myself anyway :thumbsup2

Lucky, lucky, lucky!!! Take lots of pictures!!

That's the plan! Got room for 3500 pictures on my DSLR! ;)

Love Mr Toad! I was so excited when I spotted him in the Pooh ride. I said to hubby "Look...there's Mr Toad!" He of course had no idea who Mr Toad was, but I was pretty proud of myself anyway :thumbsup2

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was one of my favorites from my childhood. Can't wait to go back on it!

Hi there:wave2:

I have been entertained by your PTR/mini trip reports as I have just read from start to finish!
I must say that I have enjoyed looking at your pictures immensely! Being in Australia, it is always wonderful to see places in America I have never been! I love your country.........just love it!
My daughter and I will be spending 16 nights in Anaheim next month as I too, just like you, am a Disney fanatic! Disneyland is my favourite place in the whole world and this marks my 3rd trip. I love the place.........in fact, I have studied it so much I could be a Disneyland teacher!!!
I also have a new DSLR for this trip and am looking forward to taking loads and loads of photos. It's another passion of mine!
My DH and I are planning on spending a year in the USA travelling right around and we hope to cover all 50 states!!! We've onl been to three so far!!!
I was very interested in the Colonial Williamsburg area and my DH can't wait to get to the Smithsonian. I have shown him the other museum you had pics of too and have added it to the "must go to" list.:thumbsup2
I also adored the pics of the memorials, especially Lincoln and can't wait to see that in person!

I am looking forward to the rest of your PTR and of course the TR when it comes along!

Hi there:wave2:

I have been entertained by your PTR/mini trip reports as I have just read from start to finish!
I must say that I have enjoyed looking at your pictures immensely! Being in Australia, it is always wonderful to see places in America I have never been! I love your country.........just love it!
My daughter and I will be spending 16 nights in Anaheim next month as I too, just like you, am a Disney fanatic! Disneyland is my favourite place in the whole world and this marks my 3rd trip. I love the place.........in fact, I have studied it so much I could be a Disneyland teacher!!!
I also have a new DSLR for this trip and am looking forward to taking loads and loads of photos. It's another passion of mine!
My DH and I are planning on spending a year in the USA travelling right around and we hope to cover all 50 states!!! We've onl been to three so far!!!
I was very interested in the Colonial Williamsburg area and my DH can't wait to get to the Smithsonian. I have shown him the other museum you had pics of too and have added it to the "must go to" list.:thumbsup2
I also adored the pics of the memorials, especially Lincoln and can't wait to see that in person!

I am looking forward to the rest of your PTR and of course the TR when it comes along!

Welcome!! And happy to have you on-board!

Have to say, very jealous of your 16 day trip to Anaheim! :thumbsup2 Very excited about my trip of course, but still a little bummed that I won't be able to attend one of Mickey's Halloween Parties.

We've definitely been spoiled living in the DC area for the last few years with so many sights to visit and the kids love visiting the Natural History Museum and Air and Space Museums. Whenever you decide to venture out this way, let me know and would be happy to help out with parts of your itinerary if needed.

One of the things I'm looking forward to traveling solo is that I will be able to take lots and LOTS of pictures. Hopefully there will be a couple of good ones in the mix - been reading up on how to take pictures in the dark rides.

Ooooh the Napa Rose, sounds wonderful! I will be eager to hear you review:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for offering to help with the itinerary for the big trip and I will keep it in mind for sure!

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier that we have in common, is we will be doing a train Journey with Amtrak too! We will be departing Anaheim for Simi Valley, the home of the Ronald Reagan Museum which just happens to be hosting the Treasures from the Walt Disney Archives exhibition. It was just too good an opportunity to pass up and I was so happy to add it to the itinerary. So I will be looking forward to hearing all about your rail trip too! I have purchased business class seats as it probably the only time I will be able to say we went business class:rotfl:
We will also be catching a special 4D screening of The Nightmare Before Christmas at the El Captain theatre in Los Angeles too. You can never have enough Disney now can you???!!!

Ooooh the Napa Rose, sounds wonderful! I will be eager to hear you review:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for offering to help with the itinerary for the big trip and I will keep it in mind for sure!

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier that we have in common, is we will be doing a train Journey with Amtrak too! We will be departing Anaheim for Simi Valley, the home of the Ronald Reagan Museum which just happens to be hosting the Treasures from the Walt Disney Archives exhibition. It was just too good an opportunity to pass up and I was so happy to add it to the itinerary. So I will be looking forward to hearing all about your rail trip too! I have purchased business class seats as it probably the only time I will be able to say we went business class:rotfl:
We will also be catching a special 4D screening of The Nightmare Before Christmas at the El Captain theatre in Los Angeles too. You can never have enough Disney now can you???!!!

I haven't been on a train in a looooong time. The Pacific Surfliner I'm taking from San Diego to Anaheim is suppose to have stretches with nice coastal views. I also splurged on the business class for my train rides! :thumbsup2

I would like to see a movie in the El Captain one of these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter