A question about cancellation

Barbanellie

Mouseketeer
I have tried searching, but couldn't find the exact answer that I also can't clearly get from the Universal website. I am hoping you experts can shed some light for me.

We are looking into booking a Universal Studios trip in February 2023. I always try and understand terms and conditions, especially cancellation policies, before I buy. The cancellation policy for a USO package (hotel + park tickets) is confusing to me. It says if we cancel 46 days or more before check in, we would get a full refund, 45-0 days before we lose the deposit and whatever other fees. But then, it also says that all park tickets are non-refundable. So if I were to book this week for a trip in February 2023, and then let's say next month (way more than 46 days before), we decide to cancel, do I still have to pay for the ticket portion of my package? Or is the "non-refundable" part of the policy only if I purchased tickets on their own, not part of a package?

For the record, I'm not planning on cancelling, or on purchasing the "cancel for any reason" option, because if anything happens I do have travel insurance that would cover that. Just wondering if we decided to change our dates, or not go this February, well within the 46+ days, do we get a full refund?

Thank you!

I can't answer that - but make sure you've priced it out as a room only + tickets also. Room only can cancel up to 5 days out with no fee/penalty. And much easier to make changes, since you can just cancel & rebook as needed. Room only + tickets are generally about the same price as a UO website package.

I can't answer that - but make sure you've priced it out as a room only + tickets also. Room only can cancel up to 5 days out with no fee/penalty. And much easier to make changes, since you can just cancel & rebook as needed. Room only + tickets are generally about the same price as a UO website package.
Thanks, that's good advice. I checked and it seems for my dates, I am about $150 cheaper with a package.

I am probably overthinking this (which I've been known to do 😆), since once we book plane tickets, there's no backing out anyway. I just find the wording of the terms and conditions very confusing (maybe on purpose...)

If anyone else is wondering, I just did the smart thing (that I should've done to start with... 🤦🏼‍♀️) and asked USO directly. Canceling a package includes the tickets in the refund.
Thanks for the info! I had the exact same question as this will be our first ever USO trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter