A Planning Guide to Goofy's Great Birthday Bash!

Jay! Oh my your boys are handsome. I can't believe how much the Little Prince, er, Buzz has grown!!! I'm so excited about a new trip report... these reports keep me busy while we anxiously await out our time until we head back to the states. First stop will be Disney of course!:laughing:

Sure, a daughter would be a fun addition. ;) Wow, you did a LOT of reading. Thanks for reading all of that!! I know I talk a lot! ;) I hope you are back to 100%. Being sick is never any fun but it seems especially wrong in the summer.

I love longer vacations. Two weeks seems just about right to me. You really have the chance to do it all without having to pack it in. I love the relaxed pace. Where will you be staying?

We are staying at Pop Century... We stayed there in 2004 and enjoyed it... We stayed at ASMo last year and liked that one too... We were going to stay at AKL this trip but we had to downgrade in order to help out a family member who needed it more than we needed to stay at a deluxe resort... Someday though...

Setting the Stage... Our Resort Choice!

We left off last time with Goofy giving me a list of his top five resort choices for this trip. I had, in fact, asked him to narrow his list down to a top three but he told me that he was unable to do so and had come up with a pretty much even list of five. His choices?

1.The Animal Kingdom Lodge our family's favorite WDW resort. We love the theme, the pool, the CM's (exceptional down to the last person), the vibe of the resort (very welcoming, earthy and friendly), the animals (of course!), the lodge itself, the activities, the food and the club level everything, the lounge. All are tops in our books. In fact, every person in our family rates AKL as either #1 or #2 on their 'favorite places to stay of all time'. For our family, it's a perfect fit! Goofy would really love to enjoy another stay at one of his favorite resorts.

2. The Wilderness Lodge the site of an amazing family vacation this past September and a resort that now ranks high on all three of our older boys lists. The pool activities, the geyser, the club level, the food offerings, the location, the details and the fireworks we could see from our balcony and the nightly lights on the water. Goofy would really like to enjoy another stay at the WL, it's one of his favorites.

3. The Boardwalk Inn is a resort that none of us have ever stayed at before. However, Goofy thinks that the pool looks awesome and the water slide looks intriguing. The Keister Coaster looks like a whole lot of fun (freaky looking clown not withstanding). Along with enjoying the watery fun he would like the chance to catch some of the acts along the boardwalk. Also, we have never stayed at any of the EPCOT area resorts, it would be fun to explore the new location. Goofy would enjoy a chance to try out a new resort that holds so much Goof-appeal.

4. The Polynesian was a resort that I think Goofy enjoyed more than anyone else in our family. He really got into the volcano pool, the tikis and he loved the torch light along the paths at night. The location is also one of our favorite at WDW. My family loves to be on the monorail line. Something about riding in a monorails makes us feel like we are really and truly on vacation. The food, the flowers, the fireworks and nightly light parade, the beach and the chance to try out the club level here for the first time are all good reasons to consider the Polynesian. Goofy would really enjoy a chance to soak up the WDW/island magic.

5. The Coronado Springs Resort is the final one on his top choices list. Goofy has never never stayed at the CSR before but his younger brother, Stitch, chose it as the place for his own birthday getaway this past March. After hearing Stitch go on and on about how much fun he had, Goofy placed the CSR on his own list. Goofy is also a fan of the spitting jaguar over the water slide. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the spitting jaguar is a hit with boys of all ages. :rotfl: Although I am somewhat of a deluxe/club level girl myself, I too found the time spent at the CSR enjoyable and wouldn't mind a return visit. The theming there is outstanding, the CMs are friendly and helpful and the grounds were beautiful. Goofy would love to be spit on by a jaguar.

There you have it. His top five choices. What is a planner supposed to do? :confused3 So many choices.:confused: So many good reasons.:confused: It was time for this planner to make a choice. ;) It wasn't easy, I can tell you that. I went back and forth and back and forth and then over it again. I changed my mind at least twenty times before coming to a final decision. With that made, I picked up my phone and placed the phone call that would book us at...
THE BOARDWALK INN! The idea of giving him something to explore won out over returning to an old favorite. Goofy still doesn't know which resort I picked form his list. Until the moment we pull up to the front gate of the resort, he will remain clueless....and I LOVE THAT!

Another surprise will be the day we are actually leaving. Goofy knows that it will be within a month of his birthday...maybe not during his birthday month but within thirty days on either side. Basically, I bought myself a sixty day window in which to surprise him. :thumbsup2 I love this combination of surprise and being able to look forward to his trip at the same time. He can help with inputing ideas about what he would enjoy doing and he can look forward to what is to come and yet most everything about the trip still remains a surprise. It's sort of like Christmas morning. You know you will be getting gifts, you know what you have put on your wish list and you know that some things off of your wish list will most likely make it under your tree and you know there might even be something you have never even heard of before awaiting you in one of your packages but you just don't really know what you will find. :woohoo: It's a delicious mix of anticipation and surprise! :woohoo: To top it off, the surprise departure date is sort of like throwing a surprise party into the mix because you know you will be having a birthday and sometimes even strongly suspect you will be getting a party but you just don't know when. I am having so much fun swirling those things together into this one trip for my little Goof.

UP NEXT: Plans for day 1

I would love the Boardwalk if it weren't for the clown thing. Can't do it at all. But to be that close to Epcot would be great. He is gonna love it. How exciting for you and him. Love it that you are keeping the date a secret. The surprise factor is wonderful.

Excellent choice, Jay. I would LOVE to stay there, too. Now I can get a first hand report through you & Goofy. ;)

Barb

p.s. I will PM you with "news" when I hear it. Hugs!

I just love how you surprise your kids! That is great. I can never be surprised, I always assume something is up :rotfl:

Ohhh!!! The Boardwalk is my dream resort, I'll get there someday. I can't wait to hear all about it!!

yeah! i've never been there either! can't wait to hear the plans!!

Another reader afraid of the clown.:upsidedow I can't imagine being able to keep everything so secret! Love all the resort choices, though, Goofy has good taste.:goodvibes

Oh boy~ a resort I've never been too and would love to try! I can't wait to hear all about your stay there. I think it was a great decision to choose the resort that your family hadn't been to before. Now he'll be able to explore a new place that is special just to the two of you!

I love your trip reports Jay! I've followed each and every one. I was so glad you started this one! I love the birthday trip idea. I would love to do that with my 4 boys, but I don't see that happening, so I will live through yours :) My husband is also not a huge fan of Disney and would prefer to go somewhere else, but I keep winning out!

You're awesome! That's all I have to say. Just an awesome mom. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to hearing more of your plans.

(thanks for the link over here, Ginny!)

Yay! You started! I am glad you went with the boardwalk since you have not had a chance to stay there! So did all the boys pick WDW for thier trip this year? Are you and Little Prince...Opps Bizz...lol...going on a solo trip too? Can't wait to read more!

Boardwalk is on my short list for next summer, so I'm anxious to read along!

Hi Jay...I'm in! :wave2: Great pictures of the kids! The plans sound wonderful so far. I love the idea of the half-surprise trip! :thumbsup2

Yay - you started a PTR!! :banana:

I loved seeing all the recent pictures of the boys, they sure change alot in a short period of time don't they? I just can't get over how much Buzz looks like a little boy instead of an infant, he has definitely lost that baby look.

And your staying at the Boardwalk!!! That is my dream resort, I love the whole area. And being within walking distance to two parks is a big plus too. :thumbsup2 Someday the budget will allow it, but for now I'm excited to get to live vicariously through you!

Hi Jay! I was so happy to see your link!! You had a hard decision to make with the resorts but what a great choice!! I know you will like the Boardwalk Inn. If the clown gets to be too much there is a quiet pool there also, and it seems to me that there might be another one as well. We just did two of them.
I was sooo amazed to see Buzz standing! He looks so grown up! Very handsome boys. :goodvibes

joining in for this report...how your little buzz has grown up!!! and I liked seeing the pics of goofy over the years. I can;t believe my little man is 10 months already....just seens like yesterday he was born!!!

Jay, I can't get over how big my little Nugget has gotten!! Just adorable, as are all the boys. And Aladdin, he looks like a real teenager!! YIKES!

I'm so curious as to your plans and surprises! Can't wait!

PS HI DisneyDusted and Barb and Disney Jo!!!! xoxo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!