A Peek In The Garden

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I've not had a chance yet to do any work in my garden this spring. In fact, yesterday was the first day in weeks that I was even able to visit my garden and find out how my plants were managing without my tender loving care.

Well it seems that they haven't missed me at all, things are going wonderfully well!!

Plants that were put in just last year are thriving. The moss phlox "Emerald Cushion Blue" is open and lovely, the new "Fanal" astilbes are a good 6" tall and looking robust. The "Luxuriant" bleeding hearts seem happy in their new home, with their pretty pink pendulous hearts already showing.

The old standbys are also doing well. The hostas are up a good 7" in some spots, there are lots of buds to bloom on the rhodo, the gnarly branches of the climbing hydrangea have lots of new green growth. The Ostrich ferns are showing their fiddleheads, the white "Alba" bleeding heart is at least 18" tall, very bushy, with lots of "hearts", happy at the foot of the lilacs.

The Bee Balm, Obedient plants, Yarrow, Coreopsis, Pincushion flowers, Black-Eyed Susans, etc., they all seem to be thriving, all without a touch or encouraging word from me......hmmmmmmm.

Oh, they're just young now, wait until they get all weird and unruly, then they'll need me. That's what I keep telling myself anyway......:) :) ;)

Kim :)

Of course they need you. This was their "Welcome Home" gift for you. Kinda like the kids cleaning their rooms to surprise mom and dad. Just wait, they'll go back to acting out and competing for all your attention! ;)

I like what Tulirose said...a gift, a gift for you. just imagine what they'll do when you start talking pretty to them.

Your gardens must be still thriving on all the love and attention you gave them last year, Kim. Mine are nowhere near as far along as yours, from the sounds of it. I think they want to give you an easy season by not having to do too much with them! ;)

Good morning Snowwark first of all let me say I am so happy to see you are back. You were greatly missed. Second never think your plants didn't miss the love and care you gave them. They are just showing you a little of that love back and letting you know we've missed you too.

We also have missed you. Your plant knowledge and inspirations were always a big part of the morning garden thread.

<center>

<font size=5>Welcome Back Queen Bee

It's pollination time on the Dis the Queen has returned to the hive. :)

Gardens are like children.

They behave when you're not looking.

It's when you think things are under control and you decide to sit back and enjoy that all hell breaks loose!

I am so glad to see you back up and about in your garden. WELCOME BACK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter