A Peach on the Beach! 4 Night Disney Dream 5/18-5/22/15 Updated 3/18/16

PiperGirlInWondrland

DIS Veteran
2 Star Wars Weekends. A 24 hour Magic Kingdom party. What could possibly make this adults only trip week better? OH YEAH! Throwing in a 4 day cruise on the Disney Dream right smack in the middle!!!

So jump on in, the waters fine!

I'm Kristen. My husband Andy and I make an annual trek to Disney for our Anniversary in May. It covers Star Wars weekends, our anniversary, and lately the 24 hr parties at the Magic Kingdom. When I was planning out this years trip I noticed there was a 4 night cruise that fit nicely into these plans. Talked to our friends and they were in as well so they will be joining us on the cruise portion of the trip.

We started off by torturing ourselves with a 5:30 am flight from Buffalo to Orlando so we could arrive by 8am. Our daughters had their dance recital the night before so we got about 5 minutes sleep then were off to the airport. It's Disney adrenaline folks. If I could bottle it, I'd be a gazillionaire.

Magical Express was EMPTY

GOPR0191_zpsihs9uaii.jpg

we valiantly fought through the crowds and got through the line

GOPR0192_zpsovcf39q0.jpg

and were pretty much allowed to go right out to the buses

GOPR0199_zpss1gwzw4l.jpg

where we waited....and waited...for other crazy morning people to show up and fill the bus enough to take off

GOPR0200_zpsdszdsaar.jpg

i see you Mickey....I SEE you

GOPR0207_zpsn8t4dfuo.jpg

our room at All Star Sports wasn't ready so we stashed our bags to head out to Hollywood Studios. We would be spending one night before boarding the Dream the next day.

GOPR0209_zpsexq2reeh.jpg

we went straight to the buses

GOPR0210_zpsf69heo2i.jpg

There were quite a few people making their way into the gates for Star Wars Weekend I.

GOPR0211_zpsc3gdee3s.jpg

GOPR0212_zpssdqqqu29.jpg

Yoda is too cute - loved seeing this pic on the ticket window

GOPR0213_zpsavocjhab.jpg

More Yoda love

ca3ac60e-97ad-4e0e-a9c9-bfd49db4becc_zpso769ze0o.jpg

As we were walking into the park we realized it was about 20 minutes until the Star Wars motorcade parade began. To our surprise there were still some open spots in front right at the entrance so we decided to wait and watch the parade. About 3 miliseconds later the wind picked up and we knew it was going to rain. Our 52 Disney ponchos from previous trips were all home and we didn't dare leave our spot anyways as it was rapidly filling in. So, we got wet. Close to soaked. but so worth it!

After a rain delay of about 15 minutes or so

GOPR0220_zps4ix7mwtz.jpg

Then Mickey showed up! I love you Jedi Mickey!

GOPR0228_zps34m0xbtx.jpg

Chewie was pumped!

GOPR0299_zpshzxz1hnt.jpg

Ashley Eckstein had her umbrella

GOPR0315_zps6fijegi1.jpg

Ian McDiarmid

GOPR0364_zpsrwcqpknh.jpg

After the parade we walked toward the stage and watched part of the show

GOPR0391_zpsxehjhx5b.jpg

Then walked behind the stage to where the cars were lined up with the stars

James Arnold Taylor

GOPR0397_zps5tubcxv7.jpg

Ian

GOPR0401_zps1r5ozq8y.jpg

By now we were starving so we headed over to ABC Commissary for lunch with some fun Dis'ers (yuli from the SWW thread and others!)

Darth Vader cupcake

GOPR0404_zpsqodvy59p.jpg

We decided to head over to pick up our Annual pass SWW posters. They were giving out a different poster each week to annual pass holders.

GOPR0406_zpszlo77t90.jpg

GOPR0411_zpsdq5ovstu.jpg

This week's poster was Yoda

GOPR0407_zpsrufzcbs8.jpg

After we grabbed our posters we headed over to use our fast passes for the Tower of Terror. Hands down my favorite ride in Disney.

GOPR0416_zpsepu1ddvt.jpg

Doesn't Andy look excited?

GOPR0418_zpscvanhqen.jpg

Getting close

GOPR0422_zpsmkzlq19x.jpg

I hadn't seen this Tower of Terror T before so i put it on my wish list

GOPR0442_zpsivsibzno.jpg

I really wanted one of these,

b126da03-7f33-48ad-b638-240d7ce52dbf_zpsalwliifq.jpg

but it was Smart Water time

GOPR0460_zps7yizxpz7.jpg

Then we headed over to see if any of the roaming characters were out. Success!

ce99736c-b7d5-4174-8963-30bfbb254f7b_zpspndmj51c.jpg

ffe258f6-ee60-42a5-b62c-79cf15bba5be_zpsuwf7w9v5.jpg

Then this happened. Could they BE any cuter? Love the chip ewoks!

GOPR0473_zpsg50xgfyx.jpg

By now it was time to head over to the theater of the stars to use our fast passes for the Stars of the saga show with Ian McDiarmid

GOPR0475_zpsfpkrhds1.jpg

GOPR0476_zpsc8uzmwhi.jpg

The line quickly got insane

GOPR0477_zpsitlbudfq.jpg

The Stormtroopers did their preshow - love it!

GOPR0485_zpsdmebdm6x.jpg

The show was great as usual!

G0040517_zpsrdki3uge.jpg

Then we were quickly off to head to the Backlot Express to go to the Rebel Hanger! We were SOOO looking forward to this new experience. And it was AWESOME

GOPR0548_zpstodb446r.jpg

e9bf7346-6d61-4927-83ac-76a3718e281a_zpsy2tjq7hm.jpg

We saw the Cantina band wandering around while we were waiting for our table

GOPR0551_zpse4lng5n7.jpg

One of the band members came to visit while we looked over the menu

GOPR0556_zps6magmco7.jpg

And finally drink goodness! YUMMMMMO. I do love a good Disney glow cube. These drinks were delicious and SO cool looking! Thoroughly enjoyable

GOPR0561_zpsorxavhjx.jpg

This. This is Andy's "I'm at Disney. But not just Disney. STAR WARS Disney" face. Kinda like a deer in headlights. Minus the headlights. And minus the deer.

GOPR0563_zpsfaosnwks.jpg

Disney is the only place that makes you want to buy french fries for like $6. And makes you think it's a good deal by throwing in star wars patterned paper and some kind of Chewie crisp. But they WERE delicious. Seasoned with a parmesan cheese. nice!

1b63b3d2-e092-4dfd-b3e0-0dbe340cc177_zpsxic3hsrx.jpg

Then there was this cuteness. Darth Maul hummus. with cute little horns made out of BUGLES. Stop it. And besides being absolutely adorable in a Darth Maul sort of way, it was soooooo good! Loved it!

GOPR0568_zps7zyygeks.jpg

The hummus came with this cute basket of chips. It was a HUGE portion and I tried my best but could not finish it.

GOPR0584_zpsdnlmrgai.jpg

We contemplated desert while entertaining ourselves with the glow cubes. Despite being stuffed we decided we couldn't pass up the box of cupcakes. Clearly, we NEEDED a plastic Han Solo cupcake box.

GOPR0585_zpsvdr4ff65.jpg

There were 3 different mini cupcakes. Yoda, Darth Vader, and Jabba

GOPR0586_zpsda74ti0o.jpg

Then it was time for our Toy Story fp+

See this "best in vehicle" score? yeah, that's me. Just sayin'.

GOPR0602_zpsfhpoiinj.jpg

After Toy Story we were standing in line for characters when I noticed someone walking by......and when I walked up to him and asked if we could take a selfie he said yes!

I think Andy was fumbling around with his phone in a panic - over here Andy....over here...everyone else behind us was focused on Darth Vader and not noticing who was standing right behind them

He was SOOOO nice and super humble and sweet to talk to! James Arnold Taylor! Obi Wan! Host of Star Wars Weekends! It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

GOPR0608_zpscsoze2li.jpg

GOPR0609_zpsvsckdnr0.jpg

Time for a few more roaming characters

GOPR0610_zpscg7blov2.jpg

GOPR0613_zps7srk9k2q.jpg

more drinks

GOPR0626_zpsxs6dlogm.jpg

Some Star Wars legos - we looked for the make your own section but it was already closed down for the day

50f8e6b3-9811-4d84-b899-552d6fcb1580_zpsgc5mg13c.jpg

And just like that it was time to head over to Ohana's for a late night dinner reservation. Ohana is one of our favorites and we were meeting up with our friends after dinner at the bar. I have to say I was not a fan of the new lobby at the Polynesian. I miss the waterfall.

GOPR0648_zpsy2ropyqt.jpg

GOPR0650_zps7tebujky.jpg

Andy checking out the Yoda poster while we waited for our table

GOPR0657_zpsgesv7npe.jpg

it was soooooo pretty out!

GOPR0659_zpsfyeezcga.jpg

dinner was excellent as usual

GOPR0662_zpsewbtya5y.jpg

we got serenaded lol

GOPR0670_zpsd9mp4cgi.jpg

After dinner we went down to Trader Sam's to meet our friends. We sat outside with a drink and watched wishes. it was the PERFECT ending to an amazing day.

GOPR0683_zpsxlrbufbk.jpg

GOPR0688_zps3ftzwkyp.jpg

GOPR0696_zpsnr62v9e3.jpg

GOPR0720_zpseoftu7ds.jpg

GOPR0721_zpshcloer3y.jpg
GOPR0722_zpsltpvwqeq.jpg

After that we split up and Andy and I headed over to Magic Kingdom as it was open late. This is when Andy finally hit the wall. We had been up for 2 days straight and exhaustion started catching up. We decided we would ride Peter Pan standby to see the new queue then we would head back.

GOPR0733_zps3vjj7glo.jpg

The queue was cute. I'm glad we've seen it once since normally we only go on with a fp.

GOPR0739_zps76lm6uth.jpg

we caught the tail end of the parade on our way out. The day was PERFECT

GOPR0751_zpset1l25jb.jpg

Up next - the CRUISE!!

The next morning we were up bright an early to get packed up and grab some breakfast before we left for the Port. Our friends had grabbed a rental car when they got to the airport so we split the cost. Originally we had booked the Disney transfers to port but i am SO glad we cancelled that! After searching the internet for deals our car was a WHOPPING $17 to rent the car for one night so it cost us each $8.50 for our transportation. It was awesome!

It was pretty empty around the resort. We have stayed at almost all of the Disney resorts. Seeing as I knew we would barely be at the room I snagged a GREAT annual pass rate for our one night stay at All Star Sports.

GOPR0765_zpsimxtjuqu.jpg

GOPR0766_zpsi4uhisjs.jpg

I just can't see the point in spending a lot of $$ on a room that we'll barely see even though Andy really wanted a deluxe hotel. I am pretty good about snagging deals so that we can go quite a few times each year to Disney to get our Disney fix.

Goodbye room!

GOPR0767_zpsyb7u9ird.jpg

It's a cute resort for kids. I brought my oldest son when he was 5 and stayed here. He loved it and i have really great memories of that trip. Hope you don't mind a few resort pics before we head out :)

GOPR0769_zpsjmx8mv6u.jpg

I would love to be sitting around this pool area right now!

GOPR0770_zpscr7yp07b.jpg

GOPR0788_zpsn2lm9aiu.jpg

GOPR0790_zps0heh1yaj.jpg

GOPR0792_zps6jvuv5bq.jpg

GOPR0793_zpsffkydvlp.jpg

We found out where all the people were - in the food court! It was pretty busy.

GOPR0771_zpsqnf6djtz.jpg

So we headed into one of the lines to grab some breakfast

GOPR0775_zps0psduphu.jpg

Andy was SO proud of his "I'm on a Boat" shirt. He couldn't wait to wear it on the cruise lol. Andy got some kind of breakfast platter and I got biscuits and gravy. We both had a smart water as well.

GOPR0777_zpsmqgk9xxz.jpg

We wanted to make sure we didn't starve to death before we got on the cruise.

GOPR0778_zpssdnzp7n2.jpg

After we ate we took a few pics before we went to wait for the car to arrive

GOPR0785_zpsobysgold.jpg

GOPR0786_zpsvznokogm.jpg

Goodbye All Star Sports!

GOPR0794_zps2hqykuxd.jpg

Even though the pic isn't very good here it is - our $17 car :yay:

GOPR0795_zpsi6lp47ts.jpg

We had a good laugh when they pulled up and jumped out with a sign with our name on it like they were hired drivers.

GOPR0796_zpshp9ksrc3.jpg

A cruise line bus was pulling in at the same time

GOPR0797_zpsfclk1xa1.jpg

It wasn't too long until we were unloading at the rental car location at the port

GOPR0805_zps2fansfdj.jpg

Waiting for the shuttle

GOPR0808_zpsugbbksmo.jpg

Unloading at the port

GOPR0814_zpsfiz1r0fc.jpg

There it is!!! I was beyond excited!

GOPR0815_zpsknogve37.jpg

We made our way towards security as quickly as possible. We couldn't wait to board! So exciting to finally be there!

GOPR0818_zpswsfxsfq3.jpg

Time to get out our passports and get in line

GOPR0819_zpsyfojhu69.jpg

GOPR0820_zpscfpj0occ.jpg

Here's a tip - make sure you know what your room number is as they ask for it to look you up when you come through the line. No matter how many times I had looked it up prior to the trip I blanked out!

GOPR0821_zpshaidw4eb.jpg

Once our passports/room # was checked we were in! Off to go through security!

Look how pretty the Dream looks in the background!

:love::love::love:

GOPR0822_zpsdw8gbhtx.jpg

GOPR0823_zpsr6r5uuqu.jpg

As we were headed in, one of the security officers noticed me taking pics and told us to head up the staircase you see on the left to the 2nd level to get the best view

GOPR0824_zpsy2du6qiw.jpg

There she is!

GOPR0825_zpsdwjqfxzf.jpg

6e09097d-7e33-4943-93c5-40683f8be547_zps3lkxuw9f.jpg

GOPR0829_zpsbecn0yep.jpg

Through security, up the escalator, and then we were in!

GOPR0832_zpsc3gyoew1.jpg

GOPR0833_zpshppybv87.jpg

It's incredible how happy a giant white glove can make me - loved seeing the cast member directing everyone to check in with one on

GOPR0834_zpsnqonlr9x.jpg

Hooray - we are now silver - our friends are gold - so we entered the Castaway Club check in

GOPR0836_zpsy6pt3zx7.jpg

We were checked into the cruise in no time.

GOPR0839_zps99pxjho1.jpg

We checked into possible upgrades but decided the price just wasn't worth it for the few they had available. The cruise was pretty much sold out. There were maybe 2 or 3 verandah rooms free and i believe on concierge suite. We would've had to split up to upgrade to a verandah so we decided to keep our adjoining inside staterooms we already had.

GOPR0841_zpslir78zge.jpg

Last cruise we had rushed onto the ship so fast that I totally missed the photo op in front of the model cruise ship with Mickey or Minnie. I had put this at the top of our must do list for this cruise. Luckily even though we could've boarded right away (we had the earliest boarding time) everyone was a good sport and humored me waiting in the looooong line to see what ended up being Mickey. Minnie traded out the family after us.

Isn't he AWESOME??? I'm soooo glad we did this. We collect character photos and I really wanted to get this pic

48845170-be87-4185-bd77-609a3c9cbbfc_zpsc0pi3bjf.jpg

GOPR0855_zpse5rik6uu.jpg

9d96054d-45fd-4f56-814e-3d8994840077_zpss7xgcglz.jpg

Loving the trippie - and all the photo's - so far. We are booked on a 4 nighter on the Dream so am following this with a huge amount of interest :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter