• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A new SSR lover!

butsy113

AKV Owner
We just got back from staying 3 days at SSR 1 bd and 7 in a dedicated 2br at BCV. Of course we enjoyed BCV. The kids loved the slide at SAB and we loved the easy access to Epcot, what's not to love! The 3 days at SSR was only because we had developer points that had to be used there. Having never stayed there I was nervous and didn't expect to like it, but I can say we ABSOLUTELY LOVED it! I requested the Paddock close to the bridge, which we got. Easy to walk to the main building and pool (the kids liked high springs pool better than paddock), bus service was great, Turf Club yummy, walk or boat to DTD, some of the best Disney service, and we saw a lot of wildlife, including otters. Anyway thank you SSR owners for sharing your little slice of heaven. I'm glad to know if we end up booking late and get "stuck" at SSR that it won't matter to us. SSR is a beautiful resort!

We just got back from staying 3 days at SSR 1 bd and 7 in a dedicated 2br at BCV. Of course we enjoyed BCV. The kids loved the slide at SAB and we loved the easy access to Epcot, what's not to love! The 3 days at SSR was only because we had developer points that had to be used there. Having never stayed there I was nervous and didn't expect to like it, but I can say we ABSOLUTELY LOVED it! I requested the Paddock close to the bridge, which we got. Easy to walk to the main building and pool (the kids liked high springs pool better than paddock), bus service was great, Turf Club yummy, walk or boat to DTD, some of the best Disney service, and we saw a lot of wildlife, including otters. Anyway thank you SSR owners for sharing your little slice of heaven. I'm glad to know if we end up booking late and get "stuck" at SSR that it won't matter to us. SSR is a beautiful resort!

Your welcome :)

SSR is a great resort. No feeling stuck there. :thumbsup2 We didn't get a chance to try the Paddock Pool but the High Rocks Springs pool was a hit. We also had amazing service and can't wait to go back.

We were also pleasantly surprised when we stayed here for the first time (8/12). We had absolutely no complaints and stayed here again in January 2013. We have loved each resort we have stayed at so far and don't feel like we are stuck with any of them.

We normally book well in advance and have a choice but if and when we do book on a short notice - we are fine with any other resort that is available!!!!

Glad to hear! We were considering adding on at SSR, but are waiting to see how we feel after our first stay in July. We are so excited, and positive reviews like this don't help our impulsive DVC purchasing side!

Sent from my phone using DISBoards Ap, please excuse any typos and autocorrect mistakes.

We spent 4 nights at SSR nearly a couple of weeks ago.
Left there to stay at AKV for 3 nights. DH and I spent those 3 days pining for SSR.

We really like it there too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter