A MVMCP TR December 2012

Hope you are on the mend!! Sorry to hear you were stuck in the 'pital (as my friend calls it!) We ate at the plaza in Oct (1st time also) before MNSSHP and we enjoyed it!

Thanks! I hate being in the hospital. The nurses were great but I had 6 doctors and none of decided on a treatment plan. Hopefully I will get something when I go back for my follow up this week.

This is the 3rd time I have tried to post this update so keep a good thought!

Today we woke to a beautiful sunny, windy, cold, freezing day. We headed over to MK since we had until noon to be at EPCOT for our first ADR that day. It was FREEZING incase I didn't mention that already. We had jackets and I had gloves but DH forgot his gloves. We stopped to get him a pair of those cheap stretch ones like you get at chain stores for $0.99. they were $14 a pair! Thank goodness for our 20% PAP discount (which they lowered to 10% in January). DH said he would have paid twice that since his hands were freezing. See my lovely outfit that day.

DSCI0170_zps288b5b10.jpg

Here is DH sporting those lovely gloves!
DSCI0173_zps316078b8.jpg

We also wanted to see the Christmas parade as we planned on seeing the 2nd one last night but it was canceled due to the weather. It was hard to get pictures but we did get a good close view.

DSCI0186_zps2d6d6c9d.jpg

We hit all our favorites as this was the Friday before Christmas and we knew the crowds would start hitting later today (we were right on that).
Then off to EPCOT for our lunch ADR.

I split this into two parts since I was having an issue with making it 1 post. Sorry.

We had just left the MK and headed over to EPCOT to our lunch ADR at Biergarten. We me say that I lived in Germany for many years so I was hoping this was the same quality that I used to enjoy in Germany. I was not disappointed. We were sat with a nice but quiet family. I think it would have been a bit more fun if our table mates were livelier but we had a good time anyway. We got to see the show which had a holiday theme and I got to sing Christmas songs in my awful German. We did try to not eat too much since we had an ADR and DH's favorite in a mere 7 hours.

We walked WS several times and picked up a few last minute Christmas gifts. We headed over to FW and hit The Land and Soarin again (we are Soarin obsessed). We headed back to the hotel for a bit of laundry and rest. We were in a studio so I used the laundry for DVC members. It was nice and there were other machines in use but we didn't see anyone the entire time we were there (yes I waited on my stuff with a 15 minute exception when we walked down on the beach).

Clothes fully cleaned and us fully refreshed we headed back to EPCOT. It was starting to get crowed but we enjoyed watching the Holiday performers in each country. Our ADR was for 7:30 and we checked in at 7:15. After watching several folks come to the podium after us (many of which who stated the did not have an ADR) and get seated before us we were getting frustrated. Another couple sitting next to us (we were by the sign in podium so we heard exactly what folks signing in were saying) said they had reservations at 7:00 and were still waiting. I asked why it was taking so long and I was told they seat based on party size :scared1:. What, then why did I make an ADR. Finally at 8:15 pm (yes, a full hour after we checked in and 45 minutes after our ADR) we were seated. This is DH's favorite so I didn't complain but I was not a happy camper. Our food was good and our server was nice but it was in no way worth the wait. This happened also on our last visit (30 minutes after our ADR) but I figured it was a fluke so we tried again. Never again. The food at BOG was just as good. DH and I enjoy apps, meals, salads, dessert and a good glass of champagne so our meal was very expensive, next time we will go to one of the signatures and not have to wait an hour in the COLD! Did I mention it was cold:rotfl:. The other couple were seated about 2 minutes before us and let me say that they were not happy and were very vocal about it.

After that ordeal and the fact that I was still freezing (of course they seated us close to the front door) we headed back to the hotel and spent the rest of our beverage money at the TOWL. Then back to our room to watch the fireworks from our balcony.

DSCI0143_zpsb4c23582.jpg

We woke up this morning to the dreaded ME return packet on our door :sad:. We leave tomorrow afternoon so we are determined to make today great! After upgrading our flight using free upgrades we had earned we headed to the MK. It was still cold today but nearly as windy as yesterday so fully jacketed and gloved we hit the monorail. This is what we were greeted by:

DSCI0168_zpse309b11c.jpg
[/IMG]

MK was REALLY crowded today. We spent most of the morning people watching and enjoying the decorations. We used the photo pass to get a lot of pics of DH and I. I knew it would be busy today so I made a lunch ADR at one of DH's favorite LTT. He got the Turkey and I went out on limb and got the pot roast. It was very good. Sorry no food pics but DH was too hungry.

After lunch we head over for one of DH's favorite's. Lafou's Brew.

We headed back to the hotel for a rest before our late dinner. It was too cool to swim so we walked the grounds. We headed back to MK about 5 and it was very CROWDED. There was a huge wait for everything. We made our way over to Fantasy Land for our very last dinner in the park at BOG! We were lucky enough to score a reservation. We had eaten lunch earlier in the week and were looking forward to dinner. Let me say that we were not disappointed. It is definitely on our list for the upcoming visit. We ate, drank champagne, ate some more and finished up the night by taking pictures with the Beast! It was cold and I think a lot of folks didn't check the weather. We saw several folks in the Disney flannel pajama pants! One 20 something guy told us he was freezing and got them in one of the gift shops!

There was an hour wait for everything so we did some last minute shopping then headed back to BLT to watch the fireworks from our balcony one last time!

Today is the day we head back to KY. We got up early and finished packing. Took our luggage down to airport luggage check. We checked our carry on bags with bell services and head to the MK one last time! We go there at rope drop and it was wall to wall people. We headed over to hit POTC one last time. We planned on hitting the HM but the line was huge. We figured it would be bad but had no clue how packed it ended up being. Our ME pickup was at 12:20 so we took one last stroll around the MK and stopped to get an order of Nachos before we head out. They told us we were the first customers of the day! We hit the monorail and head back to BLT. We strolled down to the beach and spent the last hour sitting on the lounge chairs enjoying the sun! I think it make it even harder to leave. Our trip on ME back to MCO was uneventful but the bus was packed. I am glad BLT was the first stop.

Once at the airport security wasn't too bad, I did have to have my liquid meds checked but the staff was very nice and it went quick. Then we hit Au Bon Pain and split a sandwich and I made DH buy a huge bag of oranges at the airport and stuff them into his carry on. We were in first class so we got to board quickly and get a nice beverage of the adult variety while the rest of the plane boarded. Our flight was over sold and they were trying to find a seat for a boy about 12 who was flying alone to visit his mom for Christmas. There so many folks who volunteered before the flight to be "bumped" that it took less than 5 minutes for the flight attendant to locate one of them who quickly agreed to give up her seat. Crisis averted I decided to pop a Ativan the doctor had given me incase I needed it (I am not a nervous flyer but with my medical issues he makes sure I am covered) since I was feeling so bad and I slept most of the flight. We were back home and petting our puppy by 9:30 that night. All in all this was a great trip and a great way to celebrate surviving lung cancer!!!!:santa:

When thinking back on our trip I had a few final thoughts.

We enjoyed seeing all of the Christmas decorations but would stick with going earlier in December. The weekend before Christmas was CRAZY.

CP at EPCOT was beautiful and we are glad we did it. We probably wouldn't pay for the dinning package reserved seating unless we were there the week of Christmas. Everyone got a seat the night we were there and we were in EPCOT several times during the week and never saw anyone left out during that time.

MVMCP was fun, we prefer MNSSHP but we enjoyed it.

DHS was spectacular. We love the Osborne lights. It was the favorite part of our trip. We was underestimated how great they would be. We would gladly go back and fight the crowds to see them again.

BLT is one of home resorts and this was our first time staying there. I can say that we have a new favorite. I just booked 15 nights there in October if that tells you anything.

Pack wisely, we did check the weather and took a little bit of everything with us. We saw numerous folks shivering and several folks buying warmer clothes. During the time we were there we wore everything for swimsuits to gloves. The weather in December is really CRAZY!

ADR's - two in one day is doable but not advised. I think I am still full and DH and I are decent eaters (my scale actually indicates I am champ, ha ha).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter